Reviews for Neon Genesis Evangelion: Propinquity
Just Passing By chapter 6 . 8/2
Lol how did Misato not smell dat stank doe.

"Hey Shinji, it smells like sweat and sex and you have Asuka's towel here definitely nothing going on here!"

What could he be doing? Practicing with his skin flute? lol

Nice chapter Btw. Asuka seems a bit harsh to poor Ayanami :( poor girl needs some love to.
Just Passing By chapter 5 . 8/2
Great Write!

I loved the conveying of emotion. Asuka's breakdown felt very real and Shinji was in Character.

If I did have any criticism it would be that Asuka is out of character. She still clings to her own ego in the series at this point and finds being attracted to Shinji and threat to her ego.

Not to say that what you wrote here was wrong, in fact quite the opposite. Rather, I feel like there are still issues that Asuka had in the series that were not addressed here. Like being able to admit that she finally loves Shinji. Although you can say she did when she believed he died, it wasn't completely explained here.

All in all, on of the bet I've read. Thank you for this :D
Dragonjek chapter 7 . 2/7
""It is natural, is it not, "Rei's disembodied voice echoed strangely in the empty space of the corridor. "When someone cares for another, to wish to perform the mating act with that person? Or with a surrogate.""

Gendo.

You fucking *bastard*.

God fucking damn it, you sick shit.

I love this story-and I'm pretty shocked at how little attention it seems to have gotten. It has far fewer reviews than it deserves.
I like how you have at least *parts* or Rebuild-Rebuild Sahaquiel was just epic, and Shinji was too in that fight. And the running leading up to that-racing has never so badass.
But damn, I wish there was art out there of a Rebuild-style Matarael. Your description got me thinking of something far more intimidating than the acid-eye daddy longlegs of NGE (holding the singular honor of being the only Angel that guns did a damn thing to).
Ads.A1 chapter 10 . 8/27/2015
This is a great story. Loved every minute of it.
Jwake chapter 10 . 6/23/2015
Really like this story and not just for the smut (though that was pretty good too). The characters seemed very close to canon and the plot while fairy simple and straight forward kept me interested and entertained with how well the characters in those situations were written. Overall all, just thoroughly enjoyed this. Sad to see it looks like you haven't touched the sequel in some time, but hope you continue writing whether that story and anything else. Thanks for sharing this.
M.J.P. Smith chapter 10 . 10/30/2014
This was a nice story. Not too unrealistic or out of character for either the canon or the direction you took it. Very nice prose. Really well put together prose. You clearly convey ideas with a wide vocabulary in a natural way. Slightly disappointed it seems to be over without an overarching ending, but such is life.
Veleriphon chapter 6 . 8/18/2014
"snatch victory from the jaws of defeat" - Somebody's been playing Fallout: New Vegas.

"placatingly" does appear to be a currently-used word. None of the major dictionary sites have it listed, but being commonly used gives a credible reference.

I like where this has gone: exploring their thoughts and feelings, instead of just jumping into the lemon.

Speaking of wings... I do have something to write tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder!
RealRemainder chapter 10 . 7/14/2014
Aaaaand, I'm caught up.

If the sequel is up, I'll check it out.

This has a few problens in execution, the main one being how Asuka's change was FAST. Don't get me wrong you did an admirable job SHOWING how she changed but it was rushed as hell. Maybe if you included more details from the series to show her change, I mean this was like 4 or 5 epsodes from the series, there could have been more here.

On another note, the grammar and speling errors were there, enought to disrupt the flow a little...

Other than that it was fine, a nice ride. The lemony parts enriched the thing rather than empoverish it. Hope you get to finish the sequel too.
RealRemainder chapter 7 . 7/13/2014
I am so sold!

And not just because of the lemon!

I'll fave and see where it goes.
Breven chapter 10 . 11/21/2013
This was such an epic story. The life you breathed into your characters really made this enjoyable.
Raved Thrad chapter 10 . 10/3/2013
I've loved Asuka ever since her first appearance in the fight with Gagiel, and I've really enjoyed what you've done here. It's rare to see a Shinji-Asuka romance story that works, usually because most people write the romance as a deus ex - Asuka suddenly comes to her senses and becomes all sweet and weepy and caring and wanting to make things up to Shinji.

That is not who Souryuu Asuka Langley is. Not at that moment. And if a writer doesn't take the time to work through the changes, the story falls flat. I love the character of Asuka precisely because she is so prickly, so volatile and, as we later learn, so troubled and damaged. I don't read fanfiction to rehash canon - that's what the tapes are for - but if a writer is going to turn Asuka into not-Asuka, they should at least have the decency to change her name.

Your use of the first person narrative, I think, is one of the main reasons that it works. Going into her thoughts, showing the step-by-step development of why, exactly, it is that she falls for Shinji, makes the changes in her demeanor believable. There is no magical epiphany - I love the way you have Asuka actually ask Hikari if she's been a bitch, and the way Hikari prevaricates fits her character very much, too.

I like the fact that you've managed to convey the tone of voice of the characters, despite the language crossover from Japanese to English. Shinji and Asuka sound like Shinji and Asuka in my head, not like some knockoff teenagers in an anime just given the same names which, again, happens all too often in fanfiction.

This story is a gem, and I'm certain I'm going to return to revisit it many times. Bravo, and thank you for sharing it with us. I'll be very interested to see where your sequel takes the story.
Fraulein Kaname Langley chapter 5 . 9/21/2013
Sweet
Fraulein Kaname Langley chapter 2 . 9/21/2013
Just what I looking for
Fraulein Kaname Langley chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Oh! Really Nice
Reifan chapter 10 . 9/17/2013
In the words of the magnificent bastard himself, "Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" This has always been one of my favorite stories, and I'm so glad you're back :)