Reviews for White Shadows
Minghella Darcy chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
At the risk of sounding like a horndog, did that smuttier version ever get posted anywhere? Oh, and is there any way we'll be seeing some of those 100 situations in story form, like the Demon Kaoru/Elven Kenshin mate one or the Court one for example? *hint hint* It's just that they were so fun and developed, and I'm DYING to know what happens to those particular couples... Not to mention the desert ones and the Weather mage one... Oh PLEASE write more! *large pleading anime eyes*
Fenris Jin chapter 2 . 1/29/2012
I enjoyed the power play.. very amusing for the alpha's interaction.. it would have been grand if Kaoru was able to get a jump on Sano though..lol

Another epic wolf tale.. :)
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Awesome story! It's like watching a film unfold. I never get this excited unless I'm watching an episode of any of my crime drama favs.. Bones, The Mentalis, blah, blah.. XP

And Megumi and Sano ain't a couple yet.. Looks like our Alpha isn't the only one who's going to find his mate.. So excited!

Just a teensy observation.. this line had me go through that story part several times.. a ..Megumi Tanuki? I'm sure the fox lady has already been converted as Kaoru's err.. pack member as Tae claims.. but I don't think she'd appreciate being called a tanuki..

Anyway, on to the last chappie! XP
Falling Right Side-Up chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
Love it! I absolutely love this kind of strong Kaoru. Well done.
The-Lone-Lemon chapter 2 . 12/15/2011
That was delightful! I love where it ended, but I selfishly want at least 20 more chapters. Alpha Kaoru is just fantastic and I want to hear all about Sano and Megumi's future. Your ability to create a deep and abiding interest in what happens to your characters even after the story ends is one of my favorite things about reading your work. I am simultaneously satisfied and hungry for more!
Saki-Hime chapter 2 . 12/12/2011
What a great story, glad i saw it. Loved it.
Kenjutsu2Princess chapter 2 . 11/27/2011
Oooo how intense! Great short story, loved the characters and everything. Quickly tied up everything too, until next time Happy Writing!
Kenjutsu2Princess chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Oooooo love this story! Id write a longer review but I want to keep reading! Until next time Happy Writing!
Iridescent Twilight chapter 2 . 11/22/2011
I was literally cackling by the end x3 especially with the idea of Kenshin being so put out to realize he'd been duped, and the last line about letting him decide her house was the better place to live. Brilliant! You never disappoint :)
iloveanime2009 chapter 2 . 9/14/2011
great story i loved but question is theregoing to be a sequal?
Kressidia chapter 2 . 8/11/2011
This story is total love! I love your personification of Kenshin and Kaoru and your intergration of all the characters of RK. The detail and thought of this story is awesome. Update soon!
midnight000shadow chapter 2 . 8/9/2011
ahhhhhhhh i honestly ADORE dominant Kaoru! I really like her passion and character and OMG I LOVE UR FANFICS! Just wanted to let u kno D
Pia Bartolini chapter 2 . 8/4/2011
This has been languishing innmy inbox for far too long, I'm so glad I finally got the time to read it!

Can I just say how completely awed I am at how you manage to jam fleshed out, expressive stories into itty bitty packages without it feeling rushed or forced? Or how you create such awesome description of characters and scenes without any purple prose? That is so much more difficult than it looks, and you make it seem effortless. The fact that this could have been three times as long and yet didn't feel like it was missing anything or lacked depth? That just speaks to the Ninja Ravyn Writing skills.

Dominant_Kaoru was a delight to read and I'm so glad you took the time to write this giftfic and share it with the rest of us, it made my afternoon just a little bit more fun. Bravo!
Triste1 chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
Hilarious ending. I really liked that parting shot. Reminded me of cheeky novellas that I use as mood-lifters. It's been a while since I last reviewed (or read RK in the mess of schoolwork and real life) but I simply had to drop a line after the lovely fic.

The summary had me jumbled for a moment and there was occasional error, but overall I really liked it. I didn't realise how much I missed a good were-fic until I read this. Of to have wolves dance across the page without sparkling vampires! My supeernatural genre quota feels immensely satisfied.

I loved the way Kaoru's character turned out here. She was alpha and dominant and she held her own. I really liked that. The scene where she stood up to Sanosuke and made clear that she'd rip him a new one if he even went a step out of line towards whom she considered one of hers was very admirable; and it had me feeling very smug. I'm not sure why, but I really enjoyed the thought of Kaoru kicking Sanosuke's ass and pulling rank. Must be the brief flares of feminist indignation in me. It's so common to read about alpha males and damsels in distress that it's become somewhat taxing recently. I remember picking up several old Harleuins and having to grit my teeth against the sheer chauvinistic bigotry a while back. The fact that I haven't had a good I-am-woman-hear-me-roar plot to sink my teeeth into in terms of books or movies or shows recently has unknowingly taken its toll on me. This fic went a long way in satisfying that need.

I liked how Kenshin kept calm for the most part and actually treated Kaoru with the respect one would hope to find in a healthy relationship. Normally I would prefer a fic to focus more evenly on both male and female's POV, but I actually enjoyed reading more about Kaoru than usual. Not to say that I didn't like Kenshin's spotlight time, but it was very refreshing to see Kaoru be herself and not just give in to instinct. I also liked her relationship with Tae and Megumi; it's not as prickly as the norm but more a balanced sort of friendship. It shows a lot of maturity on her part and I like the nuances there.

Basically I like a lot of things about this fic. The change of roles for baddies, the character interactions, the brief educational foray into Scandanavian geography-it all made for a wonderful read. Keep writing and good luck with future works. Hope to see more from you soon (and for the time to read it).
reluctantpartner chapter 2 . 6/23/2011
Yesssss! This is the best werewolf story I've every read, especially RK. Finally, a story were the author doesn't make Kaoru a submissive wimp and Kenshin this big, bad obnoxiously dominating jerk. Ah, how wonderful. I'm just sorry it ended.
142 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »