Reviews for A Man Alone
Fat Cat chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Oh goodness what a wonderful vignette. The interactions between Owen and Obi Wan are so perfect. I love your reiteration of "a man alone is a dead man" and its significance with Obi Wan. Such a wonderful piece. Thank you.
congratsyou'vegrownasoul chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Aww, this is beautiful. Very insightful to Obi-Wan and Owen's mindsets. Two of my favorite characters.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Great story! Owen's feelings come over really well.
I Am Not a Human Being chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
good story
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
This was wonderful. I haven't read Star Wars fic in a while, but now I feel like I'm back on Tatooine again-albeit a darker, realer Tatooine. The writing in the first bit is just great, and I like how you introduce the danger to Luke in the end. Sentences like the one in your summary is going to carry the reader right to that point, and then they're stuck. Owen's opinions on Obi-Wan were so bitter and real.

I like how you say Biggs has "a little device" instead of giving it a name.

I love the way Owen insists Biggs not say "Jedi" and I love the connection to the Clone Wars and the way you say Anakin is so tall. You've really got the voices of the characters down.

I love "there are different kinds of dead".

This story was very refreshing. Fantastic.
Dark Horse Writer chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Good to see a story where Obi-Wan and Owen talk, seeing as I don't believe they ever got off on the right foot.
Macceh chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Nice one-shot! I especially loved your characterisation.
Treenahasthaal chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Great little one shot! I adore Owen and Beru and really enjoyed this little insightful peice on Owen. Loved that Biggs knew about Skywalker and Kenobi!
Atlasina7 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Nice story. I like how you show the (hidden) loving side of Owen. Very interesting bit about Biggs having the story on Kenobi-Skywalker during the clone wars.
donahermurphy chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Obi-Wan is such a tragic character; I liked this view of him from Owen's point of view.

Biggs is also fleshed out nicely- I think this has become my new canon interpreation of him, for all that his appearance is a brief one.

I realize Star Wars one-shots don't often get a lot of reviews, but I want to say I really enjoy this story and can easily imagine it fiiting into canon.

One note: there is a small typo where you include a plus sign at the end of a sentence (After Kenobi brushes his lazer sword and "looks Owen in the eye", but before he gets the radio.)

A very nice fic, thank you for writing it.