Reviews for Show of a Lifetime
HecatonchiresLM chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
A great little insight to life in the ME universe. Surprise cameo at the end :)
Neoalfa chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Thane is one of the best character to ever happear in the ME universe and you managed to depict him smoothly, not by describing him but by outlining his passage through other people's eyes and events, like a sculptor making a statue not by crafting its form but by carving through shapless marble.
Simply superb.
Jonnoda chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Oh. Damn. That was smooth. Go Thane!
rbingham2000 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
We don't often get to see a Thane Krios solo story, much less one pulled off with such skill. Loved the worldbuilding that you did in this, and particularly the insight into batarian culture. Gugrug is a perfect scumbag, and you definitely feel for Tuggwuk here. Thane is as stylish as ever here, and I particularly loved his final line.
Freesourceful chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Amazing short piece. I loved the world-building, and the embedded pov, and such fully fleshed, realized characters. What a beautiful transition between points of view! I didn't realize it at first, but the show beginning breaks the point at which the antagonist begins dying and Tuggwuk begins "living." A dastardly clever, beautiful connection to the title, and a strong theme all the way through.

You clearly know what you're doing, and this piece was very much appreciated! It really doesn't get enough credit for all it does. :)
Rosethorn chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
*sigh* Thane's so sweet.
L. Lamora chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Excellent to hear you're working again. I look forward to more updates.
K chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
You really are a great writer you know that? It's too bad you stopped writing Cabbages and Kings
AssaultSloth chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
This is awesome as all hell.

I like to consider myself a decent worldbuilder, but I bow down before your whimsical and subtle characterizations of the world the ME characters live in.

I have always wanted to do some writing about the batarians. I would paint them much the same way.

Awesome, awesome work. Glad to see more from you.