Reviews for Crossing the Equator
Chalger chapter 12 . 6/26
I've read the ur whole saga on these two up to hear before I remei to leave a review, apologies for that. You've captured these characters soo well and soo consistently it's an absolute pleasure to read.
Captain-KiIIy chapter 12 . 4/19
This story is good, thank you so much for writing it. can't wait to read more of your stories.
Captain-KiIIy chapter 9 . 4/19
You defs know how to make me conflicted if Natalie and Chris should get together!
Captain-KiIIy chapter 6 . 4/18
I love Professor Artura, he us defs my favorite supporting character
Captain-KiIIy chapter 5 . 4/18
I absolutely loved this chapter. You have such away with words that just leave me feeling so much
Captain-KiIIy chapter 3 . 4/18
Oh My Days! She came! Made me so happy!
Dutyfree chapter 4 . 7/24/2018
I think your Spock and Uhura are loads of fun! I don’t know what that reviewer is talking about
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 12 . 6/16/2018
An excellent story, well told. Natalie feels like she belongs in this universe. She feels as canon as the canon characters do. :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 9 . 6/16/2018
Oh yes, making Eric Chris’s younger brother was a stroke of genius, and especially in the context of Chris’s already-resentment because he had to delay entering Starfleet to take care of Eric. I’m still very much enjoying this whole interconnected universe of yours!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 5 . 6/14/2018
Nice job with the high-level engineering and security requirements for the talk. Great job weaving in the Vulcan family’s tragedy, and the cross-cultural struggle to relate. Wonderful discussion of linguistics and thought and their interrelationship. I really do enjoy the Pike/Jolsen storytelling. It’s fascinating and refreshing, especially as it’s a male-female relationship that is very interesting but isn’t about sex or romance. And lovely job bringing it all back around at the end to Uhura understanding Spock better, and learning to accept him as he is, rather than waiting for him to act more human before she can feel comfortable in the relationship. I like how she is more readily verbal than he is. It feels right, given their characters.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 3 . 6/14/2018
Beautiful discussion about faith and practice! I’m a big fan of the idea that Spock is half-Jewish, and you explore it so well here. Great moment with Nyota showing up after Spock had resigned himself to being without her, and how he was grateful for just the lesser blessing of her voice and her offer to come. Dayenu was the perfect word. I love how he found it not in Standard or Vulcan, but in Hebrew. It is yet another example of how deeply he loved his mother and how inadequate merely saying “I love you” would be to express what she meant to him.
lindsaysf chapter 9 . 10/2/2016
I have things to do but get so engrossed with the story that I delay doing them. You are a very bad influence!
My stomach is rumbling. I will go eat dinner. I will go... Now! Lindsay, turn off the computer. :D
Angela chapter 6 . 5/5/2016
Ah! This is so beautiful. Dear thoughtful, Professor Artura... :)
tanseynz chapter 5 . 9/19/2015
A really interesting chapter given it deals so much with the difference between the said and unsaid. Definitely something to ponder on.
tanseynz chapter 12 . 8/12/2015
I really enjoy the details you bring to these background stories. It's the little pieces that enrich what is already a good story to make it superb.