Reviews for Crossing the Equator
bookdragon01 chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
I think I must be one of the people more like you because the revelation felt right. I know just how that goes - sometimes the characters suddenly tell you things you didn't realize before.
Redflowercactus chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
Wow. Definitely wasn't expecting THAT twist. I'm still a little fazed by Chris' awkward handshake with Eric. Who /shakes/ their sibling's hand? I guess it signifies their distance in regards to one another, or maybe Chris' uptight-ness. It's still a bit weird to me.
junewilliams7 chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
ARGH! You had her marry his younger brother! Oh, now THAT was a very unexpected twist. And yes, it does explain a lot. Boy, Captain Pike deserves a super-sized boot-kicking for not acting faster with Natalie, but he may be kicking himself. Now I am really stumped about how you're going to pull off a happy ending for Pike and Natalie.

Well, at least Spock gets a nice visit with his cousin Chris. I hope Chris' friends don't change their minds and show up; the cousins need time together. Too bad Spock deleted the pictures, as Chris would have enjoyed seeing them.

Thank you for the new chapter!
princelybell chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
Ooooh~ what a twist! I had to keep thinking, "Waitwaitwait-did they ever mention being brothers before?" Poor (Capt) Chris! No wonder it stings... he practically threw them together and then disappeared.

It just occurred to me now, I'm curious where you see them being post-film. I've read about Spock and Uhura, but what about Natalie, Eric, and our regret-laden Captain? Veeery curious.

And I loooove these kinds of moments in a story. I'm still with ya!
Linstock chapter 8 . 7/8/2011
The brittle sadness between Pike and Natalie is so moving… “like two ships hugging the shoreline, afraid to leave sight of the harbor.” Then your description of Natalie’s dream during the mutiny ... this just goes to show how good writing can be erotic and moving without being explicit. So very well done.

How lovely of you to make amends for the long break with a lovely intimate Spock/Uhura sequence. LOL as someone with food intolerances I feel empathy with Spock, constantly choosing what you can have rather than want you want and always having to investigate what the blazes is in everything or pay the price. Poor schmuck avoids the choc only to be whammied with cinnamon.

I found the interesting … “She tries to hide it but he can tell she finds him repulsive, distasteful.” While he may be overreacting to her feelings she may well find him distasteful while drunk. Many authors present Nyota as accepting Spock but sort off wishing he was more human and expressive in public (actually meaning more western because it is not the norm in many cultures). You raise the thought that she likes him as he is, truly, not just accepting what she can’t have but preferring his natural reticence and discretion. I adored the expression “poetry of touch”.

It is great to see you back and I could fill the page with the bits I liked (the loving detail that make your stories sparkle) but I don’t because I always feel a bit of a nong quoting an author back to them selves!
Carinosa chapter 8 . 7/7/2011
I was quite pleased to learn that the next chapter was up and running…

I very much enjoyed a very drunk Vulcan in love. Spock's need for Nyota, to touch her, to reassure himself of her love is so beautiful and human. The idea of his not having the happiness of such a love, after suffering an emotionally restricted life, is simply too sad for this fan to consider. A previous reviewer commented that this might be the case in the movie sequel? I truly hope not.

Re: Chris and Natalie, I found these two more appealing than ever before in how you describe their interactions and in the similarity of circumstances both couples share by being trapped in a system’s need to protect and preserve order.

Let’s change the system… ; )

A happy ending for them all would be so nice!

Thanks again for the update.
Firefly-class chapter 8 . 7/7/2011
poor spock, drunk on cinnamon:) good update!
T'Soy chapter 8 . 7/6/2011
Wow, I started taking notes on what I wanted to comment on, but there is just too much great stuff here! Nice Kobayashi Maru set up, your depiction of Spocks lack/loss of control was outstanding, the dream of Natalie and Spock nice connection. Does Natalie know about Vulcans and cider? “Refraction of light” was that a nod to another writer? Really great chapter, you certainly did not loose touch while on vacation!

Thanks for the hit I was getting a little shaky.

"I hope I haven't lost you in the long break since the last update! Let me know!" HA, no way, like a blood hound I could find you even if you tried to loose me!
faithspeaks chapter 8 . 7/6/2011
Notes - you have not lost me...I was THRILLED to see an update. The banter btw Spock and Nyota was awesome...you also make me feel for what could have been for Pike and Natalie...so much left unsaid between the two of them...looking forward to your next update.
Sam chapter 8 . 7/6/2011
I loved this chapter. The banter between Spock and Nyota at the end was amazing!
uw80 chapter 8 . 7/6/2011
You definitely haven't lost this reader! I simply love this story.
Insane Muse chapter 8 . 7/5/2011
Spock is in your cider, getting drunk on your cinnamon!

Love that way you write, its a world I continually enjoy loosing myself in!
lapin chapter 8 . 7/5/2011
hope you enjoyed your break.

not lost.

the anticipation of what the next chapter will bring keeps me coming back.

great details in both relationships. it's nice to see more into the pike and natalie relationship. the regret of not having a regret, if that's at all possible on natalie's part. i think i actually enjoyed reading their part of this story more than i have in previous chapters.

while reading this part of your story i wondered if perhaps this would be the same outcome for spock/nyota in the sequel.

you have a knack for beautifully illustrating the inner battles one deals with, for spock his shame at his own behavior and concern about what nyota will think of him as his natural instincts surface. what will happen when the time comes how will he and nyota deal with it?
Botsey chapter 8 . 7/5/2011
Lost? Lost? That requires loosing a point of reference, being uncertain of one's location. I believe I chose to read your story, no loss here. Thank you as always for a rich, detail embelished, great posting. Hope that next one will not take as long, but none the less, I will wait.

Thank you.

Botsey
cutemara chapter 8 . 7/5/2011
Chris and Natalie make me love this story so, so, so much! I keep coming back to read more about them! Please tell me they end up together at the end? If not, I just know I'll be heartbroken!
325 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »