Reviews for Crossing the Equator
Guest chapter 7 . 6/7/2011
I started reading this because it features spock & nyota, but I keep reading because I just *have* to know what happens with chris & natalie. Really love this story (and everything else you've written).
Nyotarules chapter 7 . 6/7/2011
Have a good time in London, maybe you should meet your fans across the water! lol (P.M me if you want)

Thanks for this chapter, your writing of Cogley is so close to canon, I can see him in my mind in that episode where Kirk was accused of murder...so well written. I can't see how Pike and Natalie were accused since they did not do anything, is body language on trial in the military in 225_ lol I'm probably the only person not rooting for them cos Pike does not come across in this AU as longterm partner/husband material lol

As for Gaila good observation skills or did she really set her up, Andrea sounds like a social psychopath.
Jane chapter 7 . 6/7/2011
How can Natalie not know he is half human? Don't they vet their candidates for first officer. It would be in his file for sure
uw80 chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
Well done. Too bad we'll have to wait for you to get back to read more. :)

I hope you have a SAFE & FUN trip.
uw80 chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
Well done. Too bad we'll have to wait for you to get back to read more. :)

I hope you have a SAFE & FUN trip.
sam chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
Hahaha nyota getting a little bit of revenge on andrea through gaila was priceless. That woman is just so incredibly creepy and selfish. But karma will get you every time. Im truly enjoying reading about my favorite couple and pike/natalie. Hopefully we will get some more spock/uhura interaction next chapter. I love how you stucture their conversations and interactions. Have fun on your vacation and safe travels!
Lady Mac chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
Ha! Take that, Andrea the Creeper!

I adore all the detail we get to see of the Enterprise getting underway, and the two different stages of the relationship between Pike and Natalie.

Looking forward to more Spock/Uhura interaction in the next chapter ;)

Also, did you use Wolfram Alpha to find out when Rosh Hashanah would be in the future? I totally did that for Hanukkah. Jewish!Spock is one of my favorite things.
JL chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
I am enjoying this but we need more spock/uhura. otherwise this story seems more focused on pike/oc and should be marked such.
StarTrekFanWriter chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
Awwww! Pike and Natalie didn't even get to do anything before being hauled up on charges. Sometimes the universe is *unjust*.

I did like the final section with Gaila and Nyota - and Andrea's comeuppance, a little bit anyway.
Insane Muse chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
Satisfying & wonderful as always! Love the bit with Andrea, the cross reference to Nat & Pike and just everything in between.
junewilliams7 chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
YAY! The Snitchette gets humiliated by a store clerk and I hope he files a complain that goes on her record. I hate that such a horrible person works in a position of responsibility solely because her uncle is an admiral, and that she -and the uncle - could have wrecked Spock's career. And that was very clever of you to use Gaila to hand down the hammer; Gaila has her own sense of what's right and wrong and gray, as she was the one who helped Kirk cheat on the Kobayashi Maru test. Gaila is a very good friend to Ny!

I am pleased that Olson's impatience has been revealed, although Pike and Natalie and Spock should now be watching him even closer. Olson's actions make perfect sense in light of what he does in the movie - arrogant showoff.

Cogley's history with Natalie and Chris is a perfect fit, and I reread that part of PWS just to get the big picture of their history. It's like Natalie and Chris are having their own relationship vicariously thru Spuhura. (Still hoping for some type of happy ending for Chris and Natalie...) Such a shame that Natalie and Chris came under fire for fraternization when they actually didn't do anything.

The gift of honey from cousin Rachel is fitting for Rosh Hashanah, and Spock didn't need to keep it to understand her meaning. Perhaps one day you'll write a story in which we can see Rachel with her Vulcan adopted son, meeting his "Uncle" Spock.

THANK YOU for the new chapter and the shout-out! I hope you have a fab time in London and the Netherlands; eat everything that's not bolted down. :)
Firefly-class chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
Andrea is such a creepy stalker!
trolol chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
huaha so good xD i started really wanting to see who spock and uhura develop but now i think im more interested in natalie and pike... they seem really sweet together
Aashlee Elizabeth chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
What is it with the "Olsons" in this story? Engineer Olson can hardly stand to have Spock in his presence; Andrea Olson can hardly stand *not* to have Spock in hers. Either way, they make his life Hell. I think Spock should avoid travel to any place where Olsons reside, like Scandinavia, LOL!

I'm with JuneWilliams - I'm happy that both Olsons got their comeuppances in this chapter.

Cogley was always a go-getter. He's a lawyer's lawyer. I think you write him consistently with what we saw in TOS.

Like you, I appreciate T'Soy's ability to zoom in on detail!

Bon Voyage! I, for one, will look forward to this story's return.
Linstock chapter 6 . 6/6/2011
I loved the sequence about the raising of the Enterprise to space. Science fiction writing as it should be with the interactions concerning Spock, Pike and Olsen for human (and non-human) interest. The revealing comparison of the walk of Olsen and Spock is just an example of the detail that makes the characters so vivid. I especially loved…

“But he catches a glimpse from the corner of his eye as he turns to punch the turbolift buttons—and there he sees it, an unmistakable gleam in Spock's eye, a twitch at the corner of his mouth.

Progress.”

The complex, poignant, lingering sadness between Pike and Natalie continues to build as they move toward their own separation as inevitab as the Enterprise leaving the Earth.

I was moved by Pike’s musing on the Enterprise, “Her lines, Chris muses. Her. No wonder ships have always been feminine in Standard—evoking images of beauty and power and an allegiance that is something beyond mere appreciation or loyalty.” And “This is what he has chosen—this ship, this next step forward. Anything else pales in comparison. Any other path would lead him so far away that he might never find his way back. It's a choice that requires his absolute devotion, unwavering. He believes that. He has to believe that.”

In choosing the Enterprise Pike is truly choosing his other woman.

T’Parr’s insights are very perceptive as the younger Pike and Natalie continue their complex dance of attraction and avoidance.

Prof Artura is also a true romantic. It is one thing to be quietly supportive but here he takes definite action, and makes a statement. He is the first, other than family (Chris), to truly and directly give a blessing to this relationship. I also loved his plant collection; it seems such an understandable love for someone from an ice world.

LOL at “the position” and the playfulness between Spock and Nyota was simply heartwarming.
325 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »