Reviews for Crossing the Equator
startrekfanwriter chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
This captured the emptiness of a relationship missed (or left) very well...I like #1.

*Commander* Pike seems to be a bit of an ass though. Maybe we'll learn of his redeeming qualities in later chapters?

Nice tie-in for the movie at the end.
MJ chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
I love all of your stories and I'm so excited to see the backstory of Pike and Natalie. Thanks!
Moon FireStar chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
epic fail? I think not! amazing start to what I know will be another great story! and about Natalie and Pike ...I always wanted the back story on them! so best believe I happy about this!
Sam chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
As others have said stories with OC's are hard, however I think you shape them very well and give them enough depth to make for an engaging read. Plus your spock and uhura are just beautiful and with enough of them strung throughout the story it will be perfect.
faithspeaks chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Notes...I can't wait to see how this story evolves. I always thought there was a backstory btw Chris and Natalie and I am glad we get to explore that...as well as how Spock and Uhura handle the new pressures of their relationship. Indeed this line captures the current state of their relationship so well,

"Her shoulders slump as she begins to feel what he feels—that they have set sail across an unfriendly ocean with no place to hull in a storm, the land on the horizon so far away as to be beyond imagining

It is, she realizes, as if they have sailed into another hemisphere.

Looking forward to the next update!
Nyotarules chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Knowing how good a writer you are made me read this one and glad I did. I thought it was going to be pure Pike/Jolsen (is she Number One from the pilot?) but glad both couples are in this story. Looking forward to a future read when Pike finds out S/U are for keeps..hope he finds someone in the end...perhaps a nice Vulcan girl lol
Insane Muse chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Magical as always! I hope you keep this one going as well. I can't wait to take a better peak into what you have planned!
junewilliams7 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Oh, this is so sad... I thought Pike had his own girlfriend/wife, so I didn't think of him and Jolsen. How sad that she missed her opportunity back then.

I wonder if Grandmother Grayson has stories to tell that will teach Spuhura ways to survive the next few months. And who made those imperfect quilts? Thanks for starting this new story!
Roman Holiday chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
I'm kind of undecided on whether to follow this story. On one hand, your Spock/Uhura are interesting and I'd like to follow up on them. But on the other, stories that have OC's as the main character always make me roll my eyes a bit. I like your OC's just fine as supporting players in the context of S/U because they're created to serve a purpose. But I don't particularly feel the need to know everything about them or their story and once they take over the show, they're no longer necessary or interesting.

I think your individual chapters in People Will Say that featured OC's gave just enough backstory and character to them without making them the whole show. This feels a little excessive.
spockside chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Ahhh, complexity. *pulls up a chair to enjoy* And your OC is well-constructed, so to speak, thus the chapter works.
325 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22