Reviews for Crossing the Equator
avidreadercina chapter 12 . 2/28/2013
I don't often come across pieces that feature Chris Pike, let alone ones that flesh him out as a multidimensional character. I liked it.

I like the parallels that thread through all your work and how you brought in Natalie Jolson to help highlight parts of the relationship between Spock and Nyota.

Very well written.
nicew chapter 2 . 2/18/2013
This last bit between Spock and Uhura was hilarious.
starlite22 chapter 8 . 6/24/2012
I really enjoyed this chapter, I love the way they banter (flirt, The way you write shows how how deeply he cares for her.
Nickie chapter 9 . 2/21/2012
I just have to say that almost immediately I knew that Eric was Chris' brother. From the get go he seemed liked the proverbial third rail that was to be avoided by all costs.

As for the story(ies) *truly* an enjoyable experience. The fact that I don't get stuck with poor grammar and syntax issues, plus the incredibly realistic story line, two thumbs up.

Oh and the prejudice problems, I really like that aspect of you plot line-though, I'm not sure Nyota would have the issues she did, her being a communications major and all. One would think she would have a better understanding of cultural differences and understanding but still, I really enjoy your stories.
GhibliGirl91 chapter 12 . 2/3/2012
I'm on a roll here. Having Natalie and Chris' background from the prequel made a world of difference. Because before I couldn't get into it before, perhaps I was looking for something simpler then. Whatever, I ended up almost getting more into their story than I was into Spock and Uhura's, which is exciting.

Now back to Ulysses -_-
Jennifer esther chapter 11 . 1/19/2012
You made me honsetly afraid that she was going to be on the wrong ship. Excellent writing
Jennifer esther chapter 3 . 1/19/2012
Not the first time dayenu has been used in a lovers context but very well done.
cottonwoolfairy chapter 12 . 11/29/2011
Wow - I started reading this story because I had enjoyed your other Spock/Uhura stories, and I have to say, I was unsure when I saw there were Pike/Natalie sections at first because I've never really been that into OCs, and Pike never interested me much in fic, but this story was utterly wonderful and gripped me 100%. By less than half way through my opinions had changed radically, and as great as Spock and Uhura are, I really loved Pike and Natalie and they became the primary reason for me to finish the story in record time.

I completely loved it, and I'm going to scour the rest of your work for references to them!
Marcos chapter 5 . 10/20/2011
Beautiful chapter: full of speechless unconditional love. Words cant do their love justice!
creek-chub chapter 12 . 9/19/2011
I'm so glad you let Chris and Natalie end up together. I really was worried for a bit! I do hope we get an update at some point in a later story, however short a line it may be, about how Pike does with his recovery. I also wouldn't mind seeing the two of them show up occasionally...I really think Natalie is a wonderful character and with the way you brought her to life I feel as though she's canon (at least, she is to me...and since no one in canon has ever said there ISN'T a Natalie then...why not, eh?)

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and stories of these characters with us. :)
RetiredAccount101 chapter 12 . 8/23/2011
EEEEEK! *falls off chair*

...ouch, well now that THAT'S out of the way...

I don't want to stop reading this! I t is so great!

Keep writing

~E.
SG1SamFan chapter 10 . 8/12/2011
"Like most couples, they had opted for a non-binding marriage contract that expired each two years. Couples who wanted to continue their marriages simply renewed the contract when the expiration date was up. Divorce had become rare since letting a marriage contract expire was easier—and far less expensive."

Five years ago I wrote a story that included a similar version of this setup! What a crazy coincidence! What inspired you to include this? Perhaps we had similar inspirations for it.
SG1SamFan chapter 12 . 8/12/2011
An email bounced from forever ago and turned off my author alerts, so I've missed out on a lot of story from you!

I read the final three chapters of this because I so love your OC that I had to see what happened. :-) Thank you so much for sharing!
Redflowercactus chapter 12 . 8/8/2011
Wow. A great ending to an amazing story. I hope to see more great writing from you in the future! :)
VoiceOfTime chapter 3 . 8/8/2011
I have been reading your stories for the last couple of days, and have been enjoying them immensely. I know I'm terrible at remembering to review, so I apologize for this being the first one you've gotten from me. I just wanted to say that the way you have Amanda explain the importance of the ritual to Spock rang very true for me. As a Christian who has a hard time explaining to friends who are atheists why her faith is so important to her, you're way of saying that just because it may not be factually true doesn't diminish it's importance in a way clarified what I have been trying to explain for years. So I just wanted to say thank you for that and for these stories. I am truly enjoying them, even if I forget to tell you that! :)
319 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »