Reviews for Crossing the Equator
fanficfan71 chapter 12 . 8/2/2011
I liked your ending. Great story.
Moichino chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
What a great fic! The ending was great. New stories ideas...heck, I want to know what happens with Chris, Natalie and Eric. Loved Chris and Natalie.
startraveller776 chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
Oh, beautiful ending. Wonderful! So agnsty...and then... satisfaction. I think, despite my desperate need to see Chris & Natalie work things out, that the best part of this chapter was Nyota going through Gaila's things. Powerful, powerful stuff.

Bravo! Enjoy RL for now. As to suggestions for a future story: Your own version of Sarek/Amanda Grayson! I'm still remembering that image you wrote of their wedding. I wanna know what Sarek said to make her laugh!

But really, I'd read anything you write. ;)
Kat chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
Beautiful. I love this universe, and what you've carved out of the vague curves that have, so far, been given to us. I actually don't think the future movies will have too much of an affect on your work, simply because so much of your work is written between the lines of canon - not out of the lines, but between them, in that subtle space of possibility. I've read your stories on this site for this universe, and I love the direction in which you've taken them. I just wanted to say, they are greatly appreciated. Doubly so, considering you have so many species to think for. ;-) .
junewilliams7 chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
Wow! Before I forget to ask, how did Nyota not receive the messages Spock sent? Besides a plot device, of course. :)

I'm glad Spock realized he had anger issues and left before he exploded at his father. Sarek too has once followed his heart - he chose to marry a human instead of a Vulcan, so he should understand Spock wanting to choose Starfleet over the colony; I suspect that he wanted his son with him partly just for his own sake, so that he wouldn't be completely alone as a widower. Well, Sarek will marry again in the next seven years. And Sarek will meet Spock-Prime soon, I expect; now that could be a nice short story.

Natalie and Eric splitting... well, it better be an amiable divorce, for all their futures. Pike did think of his brother while he was fighting off the sedative, so he does love him. It was tough to read this chapter due to such strong emotions and tough decisions they were all making, but I think you did a good job. Better for Natalie and Chris to at least TRY than to not try. Perhaps they will go to space again; the captain isn't expected to go on away missions, so he can sit in his chair on the bridge. And Pike can still handle a phaser so he's not defenseless. What a beautiful full circle - Pike wrote a paper on the Kelvin and George Kirk, then rescued Jim Kirk from a wastrel life, and was himself saved by George's son. I would enjoy seeing a future story with Pike, Natalie, Kirk, and Spock (and Uhura, of course), perhaps on a mission together.

THANK YOU for the story! It was thoughtful and had excellent characterizations, believable all the way.
Insane Muse chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
I'm sad to see this story end. It has been so regularly satisfying, that I'm sure I'll soon go & re-read it!

Thank you for sharing, & I hope RL does not take you away from us for long!

I'd love to see some more on your take on what Nyota/Spock the rest face down the line. Your style would make it all wonderful!
Hazelnutkiss41 chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
Great ending to a cool story.
lapin chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
this story was fantastic.

i am going to miss reading your stories and will be happy to read the stories you come up with next. hopefully we wont have to wait till summer 2012 then surely i will be quite sad.

What i'd like to see is some insight into the Uhura's, what do they think of their nyota's relationship, or her career choice. what do nyota and spock think of parenthood? will they last? Can they continue to keep their professional and personal relationships separate? maybe on a more humorous side; things that baffle either one about one another.

hope you get everything that needs to be straightened out straight and since i understand you are a teacher, good luck this school year.
Gerriv chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
I really enjoyed this story! Well done!
cutemara chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
Oh wow...I wasn't expecting an ending quite so soon! I'm going to miss reading about Chris and Natalie! Maybe an epilogue some time down the road?
princelybell chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
Yes! Happy ending. _ I'm glad I read "Once and Future" as well.

I know you've already done the "Vulcans disapprove of Spock and Uhura's relationship" story with "O&F," but it would be interesting to see them in the colony environment for a bit (now or in the future) now that they're formally bonded. I wonder about the surviving Vulcans' reaction to another human like Amanda since there are now so few Vulcans; Uhura's existence would probably be even more well known.

Just the idea that popped into my head!

Thanks for writing another great story!

~princely
MJ chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
Loved this story and the character of Natalie. I hope you bring her (& Pike) back in a future story.
StarTrekFanWriter chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
A bittersweet ending, but the only one that would be honest in the Pike/Eric/Natalie triangle.

One of your best stories - which says a lot.
bookdragon01 chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
A good ending and a great story. Thank you.
Moon FireStar chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
this last chapter is weirdly sad ...it has a finality to it... yet.. it feels like something more is to come and its gonna be really bad...you know like the calm before a major summer storm ...when the air is so heavy and the world seems to stand still ... and then the sky opens up...
325 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »