Reviews for Fall Down From the Sky
Rainstray chapter 5 . 9/20/2014
It was a while ago since I started reading this fic and got to chapter3, but then...well, life got in the way...but I haven't abandoned this story :), I'm so curious about what will happen. I just finished reading chapters 4 and 5, and really enjoyed them, once again. It's like you're building things up for something big, I don't know what it is, but I'm guessing the "shit will hit the fan" at some point. Well, once again there were several things I liked about these chapters, such as the way you describe Kurt's feelings at Dalton (order) vs. McKinley (chaos). I remember a scene from the show, where Kurt is walking through the halls at Dalton with his uniform on for the first time and looks awed, and high fives someone...but soon after, his ideas are shot down at the Warbler's meeting. The Warbler's were right in thinking that Kurt would end up leaving.

I will continue by giving you sunshine and rainbows for all the Klaine make out sessions :), you can never have enough of them. The discussion between Blaine and Kurt was priceless! It reminded me a bit about the conversation between Finn and Sam, the one about "cooling off", though a lot more eloquent :). Thumbs up for that! Kurt's choice of words ("delicate flower") made me think about the scene in Season 5, where Blaine (once again) struggles with his insecurities and they end up fighting, and Kurt uses those words, precisely.

When I'm reading this I'm constantly reminded about the fact that I have always perceived Blaine as the more insecure of the two. I've always felt that Kurt is the stronger one and maybe this is why the relationship is a bit off balance (this is only my personal opinion). I think Blaine has some serious issues, and you also addressed them in this fic, such as "the happy mask", I'm glad you included this, I think there is a lot hidden beneath the horrendous amount of hair gel. (I'm still hoping we will se a curly-haired Blaine in Season 6!).

It was really painful reading about Blaine's father. I think you made a good choice in not making his father a bigoted, abusive nutter, instead adopting the equally hurtful passive-aggressive approach. That was a stroke of genius! And thanks for the awesome Finn-Kurt interaction! Great chapters once more, I take my hat off :)! Thank you!
Rainstray chapter 3 . 7/5/2014
OK so I read chapters 2&3 and decided to post this review before it gets too ridiculously long. I really enjoyed reading these chapters! There are many interesting things happening, subplots that I hope will be explored...I'm really excited about what will follow!
As before, there are many small things I just love, such as the way you describe Kurt's obliviousness to the Warbler's plotting: "nuclear blast of happiness", *grins*, yes, that's how I pictured Kurt feeling at that point. I like the way you have described the supercuteness that is Klaine: they even know each others quirks and gestures. But, there was also angst in these chapters, with the strained relationship between Blaine and his father. I always thought that Blaine's willingness to go out with Rachel in that fateful BIOTA episode had a deeper reason than just "searching". Maybe a quiet, desperate plea to be a person your father would accept? For the record, I've always thought Blaine is more insecure than Kurt, right from the first episode through all the aired seasons. I think one reason is the lack of acceptance at home. It's not really mentioned, but I've always thought so...not sure if anybody agrees though :). Here it's also obvious that even though Kurt tries, he doesn't really understand. He's been blessed with an incredible father. (Or maybe that's a wrong way to put it. What I actually love most about Burt Hummel is the fact that he doesn't walk around with a sign that says "Dad of the year" even though everybody would grant him the sign, no, he has said, many times I think, that his job as a father is to love and support his son no matter what, so there's really nothing incredible about it. He knows that's what he's supposed to do.)
OK, I just have a few comments on chapter three: Great with some Kurt & Rachel & Mercedes interaction! Clothes therapy for Rachel, *laughs*...And the fan girls! A different way to make Kurt aware of his own attractiveness, great! I enjoyed it a lot :). I also started thinking about Kurt in the Cheerios. This is something that bothers me with Glee: the lack of consistency. It really ought to be a bigger deal that Kurt was in the Cheerios and actually won Nationals with them. It's downplayed on the show, I'm happy you included it. And I'm sure Blaine watched the videos several times :).
Again, two great chapters! Thank you!
Rainstray chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
First of all, this story is amazing! My phone actually wrote that word - amazing - in capital letters, as if it was agreeing with me. Which I am sure it was. I'm going to do something I've never done before and try to review every chapter separately. This story just made my mind whirl, and I noticed I had a lot of thoughts and questions. So here we go, chapter 1...I hope you read this, and before I start rambling, THANK YOU.
Ok, so there were a lot of things that I loved from Square 1. The Warbler Conspiracy (wouldn't put it past them), the general cuteness of Klaine, the smiling until facial muscles hurt. Niiice! I really loved the way you addressed the sexuality issues, the insecurities of both boys, and the struggle to come to terms with their growing affection. I have been thinking along the following lines: maybe Blaine (as well as being scared) is hesitant, because at the beginning he was sort of a mentor for Kurt, and that might be difficult to shake. Further, he met Kurt when Kurt was being assaulted because of his sexuality. AND he tried to educate Kurt, without success (I really think the awkward discussion they had in "Sexy" would have some impact on their relationship). First, I wasn't sure about the way Blaine was...well, more turned on than Kurt, but I think what you wanted to communicate was the insecurity and maybe the fact that Kurt wasn't really connected with his sexual side?
The talk with Burt was wonderful.. Can there be a better character than Burt? I mean, seriously. I laughed my head off when Kurt started talking in his head, priceless! The dialogue between the boys was also enjoyable, the small banter ever present. There were also a few details that were sooo good - I would never have thought about it if you hadn't written it: that Kurt and Blaine's vocals were maybe not the best at Regionals, because they were basically making out instead of practicing...*laughs*. It was brilliant to "give" Kurt the part about the lockers in "Loser like me". And the next part should also have been sung by Kurt: all I do is shake it off, I'll get you back when I'm your boss...that's what Kurt said to the jocks when they threw him in the dumpster, right?And last but not least, my favorite sentence: "And on and on his mind would whir". Great job! Loved it!
Kingslee chapter 11 . 2/16/2014
No, pressure but have you ever considered letting the box scene project use this fantastic story. Now on to the review, I loved seeing all the normal little struggles that happen when entering into a new relationship. I only wish that we could of seen a tenth of this on the show.
wolfish-willow chapter 11 . 2/12/2014
This story has just left me with all the warm, fuzzy feelings. There was just the right touch of angst with Blaine and his family - and Kurt's insecurities. Everything was handled so well. The awkward talks between Kurt and Burt, and Kurt and Blaine were great. So glad that Kurt knew he could go to his Dad about everything. :D

Great fic! Thank you for writing and sharing.
StrainAsylum chapter 11 . 2/10/2014
:) I do wish this feeling had kept through season 4 disaster...But I loved it. And have always loved The Carpenters. Karen's voice...
StrainAsylum chapter 10 . 2/9/2014
Fantastic! And I'm glad that Kurt's more comfortable with his good locks/sex appeal and Blaine IS still getting his looks (though he's not aware of them). Yes, Blaine should tell Kurt about Karofsky, in case there are stalker tendencies.
StrainAsylum chapter 9 . 2/9/2014
First, I know this was long ago, but I hope your friend recovered; you were a good friend to them.

I only started reading fanfics during the seemingly endless breaks during season 4. I started watching near the end of s3 - I had not watched TV in years, but was told about a TV show with kids singing musicals and had to watch. Kurt/Chris hooked me at the first scene at the dumpsters and I never looked back.

Anyway, late s3-s4 Blaine turned tainted Kurt/Blaine for me (I don't like the portmanteau Klaine because Kurt is such a small part of the name...almost insignificant). Most Kurt/Blaine fics that I've read have reflected that attitude. YOURS, however, has Kurt as strong as I know him to be. As strong as he showed in s1. And as strong as later s4 and s5 are showing. I don't know if you still write...or if you even still watch Glee, or if you, like many other Kurt fans, were driven off by the minimalization of Kurt's wonderful character. Either way, please accept my thanks for writing such wonderful stories.
StrainAsylum chapter 8 . 2/9/2014
So wonderful! I had to send a link of your stories to a friend who recommends fics; As previously stated, I've seldom run into Klaine fics that showed an equal Kurt/Blaine (both great, in different ways) and a wonderfully healthy relationship, maturing nicely. I also love that Kurt's insecurities regarding his appearance and sex appeal are being addressed so gratifyingly.
StrainAsylum chapter 7 . 2/9/2014
Wow...People really should be tested before being allowed to have kids. Procreate, OK, but KEEP them? Not without testing.
StrainAsylum chapter 6 . 2/9/2014
It has been a long time since I've enjoyed a Klaine story as much as this. I wish SO MUCH that this had happened in canon! There would be a good many fewer "bitter Kurtsies" (as I struggle against becoming...unsuccessfully, at times).
StrainAsylum chapter 5 . 2/9/2014
Very, very sweet ;) Love the family fluff, too. Yes, Burt is The World's Greatest Dad.
StrainAsylum chapter 4 . 2/9/2014
VERY nice! If they had had talks like this, I think a LOT of misunderstandings would have been avoided. I think this Kurt might not have backed off after expressing displeasure over Blaine's continued association with an overtly-flirting Sebastian, nor put up with the slut-shaming of "It's Not Right, But It's OK" (the context ruined a truly wonderfully performed number and tainted Klaine for me). Thanks for this story.
StrainAsylum chapter 3 . 2/9/2014
This is really sweet :) I loved that the teeny-boppers lusted after Kurt and - hey, maybe he WILL understand that he's definitely got the sexy down, whether he knows it or not. And really good of him to tell the girls about Glee and how positive it can be.
TeamSparkles chapter 11 . 8/31/2013