Reviews for Screwtape and Me
zanuda chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
You succeeded in being both very true to Lewis and original. I recognize (like your other readers) the similarities with myself, when young (which was very long ago). Well, judging by the fact, that you wrote this lovely fic, Wormwood has been defeated spectacularly again! Happy Easter! (In my country it is just coming).
Balin Lord of Moria chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Superb! It's good to see that there are still some people who can show such faithful loyalty to C.S. Lewis' style of literary writing. I may write a story or two for the Screwtape Letters in the future myself, maybe even the near future. I hope to do almost as well as you did.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Ok.
Some questions.
What is the 'Screwtape', who is the Enemy, why that person should do that to a human?
almostinsane chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Love this. I hope you recognize your own worth when Wormwood tries to whisper in you ear. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
DreamCrosser chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
You did a very good job writing this. For a second there I thought that you were C.S. Lewes! I don't remember to much about the book, mainly because I read it when I was in 8th grade, but I do remember enought to know that you did perfict short story. I need to re look at the book sometime. Great job, keep up the good work, and may God bless you!
Ladyofthelake13 chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Despite my screen name, I'm a Christian too.

I can empathize with the really shy part. That was me, and still somewhat is.

I've gotten better and so will you. Just take this sentence and make it part of your weapons arsenal:

You (and I) are introverts.

Knowing that is half the battle. Seriously, most of the time I got frustrated I couldn't just walk up and talk to people because I was trying to be like my brother (whose an extrovert).

What works for me is just forcing myself to ask some questions.

Then the other person can start the convo for you. :)

You write really well as Screwtape actually.

I kind of want to write one for myself, but I'm not quite sure I could get the tone right.

It is kinda hard to step out of yourself enough to write this type of thing.
Silvertongue90 chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
This is really good and I'm glad I read it. I think you did really well writing like Screwtape. I only have one suggestion that will improve this story. You have a lot of run-on sentences that need to be fixed. I have a problem with that myself.

God Bless!
LordGodsServant chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Let me be the first to congratulate you. If this is really a description of you then I can empathize with the shy part, or at least I am not very sociable on my own in school. At least I feel like I'm not, by contrast however I find myself not really caring about it because my overall opinion of the students at my school isn't very high.

Be strong in your faith, especially in this world today where it's so much easier to fall to sin. Remember, even though your shy, you are part of a family thousands of members strong. I wish you well in your life.

I hope you continue this but you don't have to. Continue it if you enjoy it.

Happy late Easter.

Good Day and God Bless :)

Sincerely, LordGodsServant