Reviews for Chiaroscuro
DevilGoblin99 chapter 54 . 6/19
Arthur: Ford?
Ford: Yeah?
Arthur: I think I'm a sofa...
Ford: (Pause) I know how you feel...
Both: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! (Turns back to normal)
DevilGoblin99 chapter 3 . 6/18
Sir Bedevere: …And that my liege, is how we know the Earth be banana shaped.
King Arthur: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheeps' bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
Sir Bedevere: Oh, certainly, sir!
Sir Lancelot: Look, my liege!
(A magnificent castle stands before them.)
King Arthur: Camelot.
Sir Galahad: Camelot!
Sir Lancelot: Camelot.
Patsy: It's only a model.
King Arthur: HUSH! (Turns to his knights) Knights, I bid you welcome to your new home. Let us ride to…CAMELOT!
(The inhabitants of Camelot sing "Knights of the Round Table")
Knights of the Round Table: (Singing and dancing) We're knights of the Round Table, we dance whene'er we're able. We do routines and chorus scenes with footwork impec-cable, We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and Spam a lot. / We're knights of the Round Table, our shows are for-mi-dable. But many times we're given rhymes that are quite un-sing-able, We're opera mad in Camelot, we sing from the diaphragm a lot. / In war we're tough and able, Quite in-de-fa-ti-gable. Between our quests we sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable / It's a busy life in Camelot.
Knight: (Somberly) I have to push the pram a lot.
(Cut back to Arthur)
King Arthur: On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.
DevilGoblin99 chapter 15 . 6/4/2019
Patrick: (In his sleep) A spider! Spiders! Get em' off me! Get em' off me! Get em' off me! (Lifts rock and starts smashing SpongeBob with it several times, he then goes back to sleep)
SpongeBob: No, Patrick, no, Patrick, no, Patrick, no, Patrick! Wake up! Wake up! It's me, SpongeBob! (Moves away from the rock a few feet and goes back to sleep)
Patrick: Spiders! Spiders! (Picks up his rock, runs over to SpongeBob, and smashes him repeatedly with the rock)
SpongeBob: No, no, no, no, no, no, no! (Patrick goes back to sleep)
Guest chapter 66 . 5/17/2019
Wonderful. Love the whole story.
Kirsah chapter 66 . 9/2/2014
Wow, just wow. Loved every chapter. Just discovered this site rather recently and have gotten slightly addicted (meaning I've been reading A LOT of shenko).
Adienath chapter 66 . 4/23/2014
Fantastic writeup of the game, I really enjoyed your take on Sheppard - you made her feel like a real person - more Marrakech than just Commander Sheppard :) And it was interesting to see Alenko on board the Normandy for these events!

The only complaint I have is the lack of Tali (my favorite character of the series) and Garrus, although I understand your reasoning in trying to stop it growing out of hand in terms of length :P

Continuing slightly post Arrival was a great idea, and given you wrote this pre ME3 it's impressive how well it ties into the ME3 story. And I LOVE your idea for a ME3/Doctor Who crossover, that would be brilliant! Which Doctor/companion(s) would you use though - that's the big question :P
Sidnika chapter 59 . 3/3/2014
Hi! Haven't read through it all yet (it's great btw!) but thanks for the song tip in this chapter! cheers!
Sidnika chapter 24 . 3/2/2014
You totally made my day! Shepards speech was great and I started laughing thinking of the scared expressions of the crew! My boyfriend thought I was weird when I sat and laughed by myself.. but oh well, he doesn't understand the Kaidan- appeal
gaiawolf chapter 20 . 12/16/2013
So, as a way to get Shepard out of his mind, or maybe be closer to her, Kaidan goes through the entire N commando system in 2 years? Not sure if that is a reasonable amount of time, but damn is he dedicated.
gaiawolf chapter 18 . 12/16/2013
Garrus asking about 'Hopping Marsupials.' Oh Garrus, you interact so well with the humans that one forgets that he isn't.
gaiawolf chapter 19 . 12/6/2013
For some reason, I always thought that Jacob and Kaidan would get along very well together, as in; We both knit and don't care what you think because we are secure enough in ourselves. Or something.
the guttersnipe chapter 66 . 10/30/2013
I'm new to this wonderful fandom and so far I enjoy it! Stories like this makes me dive in for more...

Thanks for sharing! 'Till next time!
Kerrigan chapter 9 . 11/18/2012
I love your writing style. I'm a Mass Effect noob (just started in july, but I've become addicted.) I've been working on a story and was hoping maybe you'd give me some advice. How do you work your conversations so well into the actual story?
tccarty chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
Yup. Finally tackling this monster of a fic. Slowly. Two random thoughts. Am I the only one who hates Lilith from the moment you see her? I may have even laughed when she becomes human-goo. Maybe. My other thought is, poor Kaidan always gets blamed for Horizon, but in my opinion all the choices for Shepard just sucks. Bioware should've just given us Kaidan/Ashley in ME2.
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 66 . 9/22/2012
Great story. Thanks for entertaining me for a few hours.