Reviews for What are We Exactly?
angiembabe chapter 3 . 7/15/2015
I am surprised I have only just discovered this story, as I am a big fan of Yugi/Anzu pairing and the whole love triangle thing. It's what attracted me to Yugioh.
I loved the way you explored their emotions and confusion. The way they held back from discussing how they really felt for fear of damaging their friendship.
When I read the manga, my heart always went out to Yugi when Anzu tried to bring out the Other Yugi. You really got the hurt he felt about the incident at the theme park across briliantly.
Anzu's reaction to him being kissed by another girl was priceless. But it was just the kick she needed to make her realise that she might lose him.
Loved the little twist at the end when Yugi thought he heard Atem speak to him.
I did notice a few typos and spelling mistakes, but on the whole it was pretty good. I really like the way you write.
draco122 chapter 3 . 11/19/2013
ok that was great very powerful and i loved it
Draco122
MissSlyRedFox chapter 3 . 4/23/2013
Holy heck I love this story. I'm pretty sure I nearly cried in this last chapter.

Just one thing, I found some of the monologues were a bit drawn out and didn't really give the reader time to relax their eyes, so that was a personal issue for me. This was an issue for me in Anzu's reflection of the past.

Apart from that I really enjoyed how you interpreted and developed the original characters through the story to mature them and make them emotionally attachable for the reader. This is something I look forward to in good fanfics because I feel the emotions whether it be heartbreak or joy that the characters feel and you hit that nerve for me spot on.

Congratulations on now possibly my favourite Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic and I hope that since this was published you have further improved.
Nevergonnafindme chapter 3 . 3/18/2012
wahhhh so wonderful! and the atemu part at the end was very touching 3 I am a big fan of this threesome LOL ;;
Nevergonnafindme chapter 2 . 3/17/2012
I love your style so much. *_* and omg yes everything is just amazing cant even retype all my fav parts because everything so good!
Nevergonnafindme chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
win :D yeah ANZU get your head together! Yugi is who you want 3
Namara Jane Knight chapter 3 . 1/23/2012
This is one of the best Peachshippings I have ever read. It's one that was a good and easy, yet fulfilling read. It was very well written (only a couple grammar mistakes, but that is to be expected). Definitely going under favorites.
punkrocka23 chapter 3 . 1/3/2012
One of my favorite Yugi and Tea stories. Wonderful job!
Aeleita chapter 3 . 9/8/2011
Beautiful stoiry
Linkin-Phoenix chapter 3 . 9/6/2011
To start off I stand by what I said in the earlier review, however I will say that despite my problems with the pervious chapters I think this one was outstanding.

My main issue with the last two chapters none of what was said moved the plot forward. It was rehashing stuff that's been covered already, this chapter gave us something new to get our teeth into. It was excellent. Endearing, interesting, sad in places but eventually its a happy and sweet ending without it descending into soppy.

There are some minor spelling errors:

Scoffed not Scuffed: Yugi scoffed at the fact he'd scuffed his shoe.

There's at least two more but I can't actually find them in the text, a careful reading by your good self should identify them.

Uh... to be honest, despite what I've said about some of your other stories continuing. I don't want to see a chapter about Atem's feelings on the subject. If it were a chapter that kicked off some kind continuation of the main plot, something to drive a wedge between the two lovers which forced them to work to get back together, something that moved the plot forward then yes absolutely I'd love to see this continue.

But another chapter like parts 1 & 2, maybe not.

I can't end this on that note though. Despite some errors in word use you are an excellent literate writer. This chapter in particular was full of all the right beats that make a romantic connection between these two work and you found a unique take on the relationship which after such a long time is amazing frankly.

This chapter also quanitified all the issues I've had with the Atem/Anzu pairing as well. I've always been a fan of Anzu/Yugi to the point that at one time I seriously disliked the Pharaoh. Anzu's last paragraph in particular was something I've said for quite some time.

I hope my comments have helped rather than hurt and I hope you'll take them into consideration.
Linkin-Phoenix chapter 2 . 9/6/2011
Hmmmm, I'm... I don't know. Frankly this story is a bit of a turn off for me. I like the idea but the problem is its just way to text heavy for it be be enjoyable. It would be fine the slabs of text were confined to say one chapter but having two chapters of slabs of text with no dialogue in between is just asking a bit much of the reader.

It needs to be broken up in a different way, instead of slab of text after slab of text you should have either or both Yugi and Anzu talking to someone. You could start with the fact Yugi's being chatted up by a girl and then have both of them reflecting on their complicated relationship by relaying it in a conversation with people they trust. Serenity or Mai on Anzu's side and perhaps Isis, Marik or Ryou on the other.

My other suggestion if you don't like that one is to perhaps either intertwine the two stories over multiple chapters so we're getting the different perspectives on the same time period at the same time or make more but shorter chapters. It's just too much information in to big a space.

The other thing I'll say is I'm not entirely sure it needs to be so continuity heavy. I'm sure an abriviated history of the feelings for each other would be perfectly acceptable to someone coming to read this story. If someone came to this site and chose to read your story it would be assumed they're a fan and know something of the background of the series. In this instance its not a crime to assume that if you talk about a specific incident that happened in the Anime that people are going to know what you're talking about.

I'm not trying to be down on your idea, I like it. It's just the way you've gone about it perhaps leaves something to be desired. I hope this review helps.
Creativity at its best chapter 3 . 6/28/2011
u r truly a fanfriction writer! bravo this was well done
Creativity at its best chapter 2 . 6/28/2011
chapter 2 is even more interesting!
Creativity at its best chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
this chapter is awesome u know ur yugioh episodes good
ColinatorGX chapter 3 . 6/21/2011
This was such a great story! You have a real knack for character develoment I'd say!

Also love the couple. )