Reviews for One for the Ages
The best story about abby and luka! Very realistic! Update please!
anonymous01 chapter 24 . 5/14
I've now read through this story twice and the trilogy as well. It is, hands-down, one of the best stories I've read in years. You've got the voices down, and I love the realism of it. Update when you get the chance; with something this good, I'm willing to wait as long as it takes.
- anonymous01 (who can't remember her password)
die Otter chapter 24 . 3/12
This is the best ER story I've read so far. It reads as if we were straight in Abby's head, In fact I could't stop myself from hearing it all in her voice. I love how you picture the whole Kovac family. You also have a great ability to mix the funny and the sad in perfect proportions. And above everything else, this story is filled with so much of pure love it makes one feel happy by just reading about it. I can't wait for the next chapter.
allthatisevil chapter 24 . 1/16
Hello. I’ve started this a few times because I wanted to sound smart and sophisticated when reviewing such a great story but fuck it, I can’t; this was AWESOME. Your story ROCKS. Allow me some fan-girling here, the feelings and the love and the way you wrote them and the conflicting moments, yay! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for writing this and for writing it oh, so well. YAY!

Ok, let’s go back to being a normal, rational person (ok, I am not, but I’m going to try in order to leave a comprehensible review).

Wow, what a great story. I loved seeing them going through everything you put them through. You wrote everyone so well, so in character. I could hear them and hear them, I could follow their lines of thought and feel their feelings without bending my perception of them. Luka is Luka, Maggie is Maggie, Eric is Eric, and Abby… Abby is so Abby. You and I must have the same idea of who she is, and shy she is the way she is, and how she feels things, and how she processes things because, to me, you wrote her so spot on that it was amazing and a little scary. Everyone else was perfect, but Abby, you… are you sure she’s not yours? Maybe you sold her to Crichton and you don’t remember? No? Seriously, though, I really feel that… she’s really Abby. Thank you for bringing her back to life.

And the story? Wow, what a great. I loved seeing them going through everything you put them through. You sent them into complex, stressful and painful situations that are completely plausible; probable, actually. Their reactions to every single one of them… so perfect. You may think here that your story didn’t surprise me, but it did. I was always a afraid of Luka shutting down, of Abby relapsing, especially when she went to her father’s funeral and when Caroline fucked up. Oh, Luka’s night out with his brother? That really freaked me out.

About the funeral (I should probably go back to that chapter and write this there), I loved it. The step sisters? I don’t know from which universe you took them, but they were certainly not blobs in my head, the little judgmental bitches, which is completely a result of your writing because, even when you did describe them completely, you described enough to make them palpable, real characters. When Abby was outside whit the not-so-loved one, that’s when I feared she would steal a sip of the wine of asked for a cigarette. I would have been able to deal with the smoke (hell, I lit one up myself), but the drink would have totally destroyed me. I was so proud of her for not drinking.

I really liked how you grasped and wrote Abby and Luka’s relationship. She’s kind of dark but happier than ever and really, honestly trying to and actually managing to deal with her shortcomings; and Luka is dealing with his issues, allowing her to help him. Their love is so intense and genuine; and you managed to keep the cheesiness to the exact amount possible for them. Seriously, I have never read their relationship so… accurately descript.

I am sure I am leaving a lot of things unsaid, and I am going to blame that on sleep deprivation. Grammar and spelling mistakes, they are the result of English not being my fist language, lack of practice writing in English and not checking what I wrote (I am exhausted) . The incoherent line of thought is pure excitement. Please, excuse me for all of them.

Thank you very much for writing this story and for doing it so well. I love your style.

That’s all. Basically, awesome story, awesome writing, awesome everything! Congratulations!

Allthatisevil.
fan chapter 24 . 12/20/2014
Another beautiful chapter. I love the juxtaposition of the banter and sexy times with the serious talks about guilt, grief, and self-esteem.
And how cool; I never win anything, haha. I was so excited to guess that I forgot there was a prize. My name's Susannah. Well done with picking out three excellent West Wing women, by the way. It's not like you could include "Commander Kate Harper aka Debbie the Red Cross Worker" (as she is affectionately known in my circle of friends).
Speaking of crossover...I have reason to believe that Abby's wedding dress may make an appear on the Mentalist...
someheartslove chapter 24 . 12/15/2014
Obožavam ove slatke trenutke koje podijele kad senetko vrqti doma s posla.
Jedva čekam vidjet abby kao profesoricu.
Razgovor s neelom je bio presmiješan i skroz istinit.
Super chapter!
someheartslove chapter 23 . 12/15/2014
Jedan od najboljih chaptera, sviđa mi se veza između abby i brata. I povratak doma si prekrasno opisala.
Ne mogu ni izreći riječima koliko mi se sviđa ovaj odnos abby i luke.
someheartslove chapter 22 . 12/15/2014
Drago mi je da si napisala da ju on podržava unjezinoj odluci, ma kakva ona bila, ali mi jejoš draže što ga je pitala treba li ići na sprovod.
Dinamika između njih dvije ovdje je predivna
someheartslove chapter 21 . 12/15/2014
Ne znam zašto misliš da je to problem, ali jako mi se sviđa kad govoriš o tom vremenu prije 7 godina. Možda zato jer taj dio imam i u vizualnom sjećanju, točno znam kako su izgledali, kako su se pomašali... jako mi se sviđao ovaj chapter
someheartslove chapter 20 . 12/15/2014
Ne znam zašto sam više nervozna pisat review za ovo na hrvatskom nego na engleskom.ž ali neka.
Jako mi se sviđa što ne idealiziraš likove. Razumijem abby u ovom dijelu, ali razumijem i luku. I baš mi je drago da su se prvo posvađali, a onda pomirili.
A joe je presladak, kao i uvijek. Razgovor o cipelama i zašto mu trebaju je genijalan
someheartslove chapter 19 . 12/14/2014
Now this is just so so so good. Joe and his present, how he plays with dinosaurs, espresso machine, flirtyness. The way you write is exadtly the way i can imagine them in my head
someheartslove chapter 18 . 12/14/2014
I can not read about this without crying. Ive been there dozen of times and it doent get any easier nomatter how many times ive been there already.
The dialog, the description of the places thea went to, howthey felt, everathung is spot in. Youre an excellent writer.
someheartslove chapter 17 . 12/14/2014
i think that last line just becamemy favoriteline in fanfiction ever! And i have almost 5000 written reviews here.
Drunk luka was so intense and i absolutely loved ithow you described him and his actions, abbys reaction and their talk the next day. Adorable
someheartslove chapter 16 . 12/14/2014
hahahahahaha
I love Ana!
and i loved aour tour of city centre.
Hqve you ever been to zagreb? you write like youve been here.
The park to - my fav place, too
someheartslove chapter 15 . 12/14/2014
adorable croat is adorable.
And abbys gift was the best ever. Great idea!