Reviews for Before the Dawn
TriciaArlene chapter 33 . 6/16
Finally finished this stunning piece of work you have created.
I made the mistake of reading the last 3 chapters in the parking lot before heading in to work, and I feel like I haven't been able to fully process my emotions. I knew it would be a sad ending, but your writing led it to hit me a lot harder than I anticipated.
I thoroughly enjoyed the "snap shot" way in which to approached this story. It allowed me, as a reader, to fill in the gaps with either my own imagination or from the original HP cannon story-line.
I very much look forward to reading some of your other works.
Congratulations on a fantastic story!
DianneBaquiran chapter 33 . 5/8
Can't stop tearing up.
aubrey1 chapter 33 . 3/4
I've read One by One and Before the Dawn multiple times, and every time I'm just so amazed by what a creative, complex storyline you've put together. And despite veering so sharply from canon, the characters still feel like they're coming straight from JKR. I honestly have no idea how you manage it. They're all thoughtfully developed, even those we don't see quite as much, like James and Lily. And I love how you don't make excuses for Hermione's decisions. As a reader it's so hard to watch her let so many terrible things happen, but she does, even when she's not sure the reason not to intervene is enough. She may hate herself at times, but the fear, (valid or not,) of creating a worse future is enough to paralyze her. At least for a time.

I'm also selfishly grateful for all the wrongs you set right. Fred, Remus, Tonks, and of course Sirius; it's so nice to imagine that they all get a happy ending.

So I know it's been several years since they were finished and I've read many of your other fantastic stories since then, but these two stories stand out to me as some of the best I've ever read. I'm such a huge fan and always excited when I see you've posted something new.
AllyrianFlame chapter 33 . 2/25
Originally, this was just a tool for procrastinating my research project. However, I have now been crying for an hour straight as I finish this tale and I honestly don't know how I'll ever recover. Great writing and story even though I'm so exhausted from crying right now and slowly running out of tissues. Just beautiful and tragic.
FallonNicole86 chapter 33 . 10/8/2014
So I just completely binged read this story. At first I hated the way Sirius treated Hermione. He was so concerned with Harry and things he couldn't control that he didn't even care about her standing in front of him. He just kept hurting her and hurting her and having the same argument over and over again. It made me sad at the end. I really hoped that both could be saved and then I hoped he wouldn't least lament the fact that he was a jerk most of the time since he got out of azkaban. Oh well. It was a great story thought!
The Dark One Rising chapter 33 . 6/4/2014
That was an ending I didn't expect. Still, was the death necessary? Was it? It adds more depth and meaning to the story, sure. But, still. Why? The ending was very bittersweet.
Eylia Riddle chapter 33 . 5/23/2014
Exelent story! I loved it! Now i'll read the sequel ;)
Felicity91 chapter 33 . 3/11/2014
This was such a beautiful, bittersweet story and the ending was even more so. At first, I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy it because I always love to read about "the chase" and not the established relationship. I'm so glad I decided to go against what I usually do and read this. Like with your other works, I loved your characterizations. I think they're spot on. I can't wait to read the seprequel to see how they fall for each other and see how Sirus and Hermione were as a couple before they were each hardened by the realities of their world.
waywardwillowywicked chapter 33 . 1/20/2014
You are so evil, but so wonderful. This story is amazing (as is its sequel), one of the very best I've ever read. I am in tears. Truth is this is the second time I read this story (the last time was several months ago, but I couldn't bring myself to leave a review, I was a mess, snotty sobbing mess). Thought I was not going to cry, not this time. Well, I held out longer.
(Just to indicate the levels of awesomeness of this story - I am a cold-hearted, old, rotten inhuman being, the amount of tears I shed is limited by two or three drops I spare when stabbing my toe - two or three drops per year. And second time I break down like there's an onion-chopping factory in my apartment).
I loved every single word and sentence. I loved every situation and dialogue, every character, every description. I loved everything about this story. Thank you!
solosinger1 chapter 33 . 8/6/2013
Omgosh that was one of the most intense stories I've ever read! Not sure that I really liked the ending, cause I love happy endings. But it was so good and I guess it made sense...such a good story...
CMDRHill chapter 33 . 6/10/2013
You made me cry. No fanfic author has done that. Ever. I'm not even terribly fond of Hermione/Sirius.
How could you?
ptl4ever419 chapter 33 . 4/14/2013
I think this is the saddest story I've read, but saying that it is also one of the best. I'm going read the sequel now :) I'm amazed with your writing please never stop.
autumnapril15 chapter 33 . 4/11/2013
Absolutely heart-wrenching. Spent the last chapter simultaneously dying of suspense (I couldn't believe she saved him, though I probably should have seen it coming) and sobbing. I love that it differs from the usual time travel fics - it's great to see one where she isn't in Hogwarts and doesn't miraculously save everyone (not that I don't read those ones, too). Unique and utterly lovely.
anon chapter 33 . 4/2/2013
Omg, heart ripped out. That was so gorgeously terribly sad. Thanks for a great read.
NSteph2883 chapter 33 . 3/29/2013
Oh. My. Gosh... Amazing! I've been hooked from the first chapter. I'm so happy that I stumbled onto this story. I can't wait to read more of your stories. Absolutely loved it.