Reviews for Before the Dawn
TheBookImaginarium chapter 33 . 8/28
Oh, you're just so cruel! Cruel and brilliant and so freaking talented! I love this story and I hate it too because my heart ached the entire time I was reading it. Like everything else I've read written by you, it is a pleasure to read, but there wasn't a single moment of respite from the misery and dread. I cried damn it! Legitimately.

Until the very last moment I held onto hope that maybe both of them will live this once and MAYBE get a happy ending. I knew they wouldn't, but I still hoped! I am so glad however that Hermione died in this one, not because I wanted her to die, but in most Hermione/Sirius stories it is Sirius who bites the bullet and having Hermione die and him grieve her was an entirely new experience.

I know I've said it before, but I admire and adore your writing style to much. It is so succinct and unburdened by purple prose and just perfect! You manage to capture everything in just a few lines of dialogue or description and it is truly a satisfying experience reading anything you write.
arizonadaydreamer chapter 1 . 6/22
I just reread this story & am so in love with it still. It's absolutely, beautifully heavy.
wolfstars chapter 33 . 5/13
i am dead :(
XxTaintedxDaggerxX chapter 33 . 3/21
So sad!
arizonadaydreamer chapter 33 . 1/29
So well done. I mean, I am not happy with this story breaking my heart, even though I knew all along it was going to happen. However, it was a beautiful piece. Truly enjoyable...and painful in a good way.
rosesnblueberries chapter 33 . 1/4
Why!? I'm soo sad and I'm getting all teary on public transit. This was sooooo goooood! But sooooooo saaaaaaddd!
Belle of Books chapter 33 . 9/23/2015
oh god oh god no no no. I was prepared for Sirius to die again, but I wasn't prepared for this, which is stupid because on second thought of course this was the ending. But oh no, this is painful and horrible and loving and sacrificial, and I'm very overwhelmed right now. I've been a fan of your writing for a long time (really love your Sherlock/Molly stories), and this is both perfect and horrid. I love your Sirius, and I love your Hermione. (You /could/ always write a AU of your own story where she lives...). I like that you started the story in the middle; we know she dropped through time, that they fell in love, that life happened. But then we get to see the sadness and pain and moments of friendship and love that comprise their relationship (and with Remus as well). I just really really love this. Thanks for writing it.
kimchi759 chapter 33 . 9/14/2015
Fuck. Excuse my language, but...just. Well. Fuck. I knew this wasn't going to have a happy ending as you don't really do those, or at least not with this pairing, but fuck.
That was painful and heartbreaking and merciless.
You didn't even bother giving us closure.
That last sentence was just stomping on the remnants of our hearts. Ruthlessly.
I applaud you grudgingly.
S.Peridot chapter 33 . 8/6/2015
TriciaArlene chapter 33 . 6/16/2015
Finally finished this stunning piece of work you have created.
I made the mistake of reading the last 3 chapters in the parking lot before heading in to work, and I feel like I haven't been able to fully process my emotions. I knew it would be a sad ending, but your writing led it to hit me a lot harder than I anticipated.
I thoroughly enjoyed the "snap shot" way in which to approached this story. It allowed me, as a reader, to fill in the gaps with either my own imagination or from the original HP cannon story-line.
I very much look forward to reading some of your other works.
Congratulations on a fantastic story!
DianneBaquiran chapter 33 . 5/8/2015
Can't stop tearing up.
aubrey1 chapter 33 . 3/4/2015
I've read One by One and Before the Dawn multiple times, and every time I'm just so amazed by what a creative, complex storyline you've put together. And despite veering so sharply from canon, the characters still feel like they're coming straight from JKR. I honestly have no idea how you manage it. They're all thoughtfully developed, even those we don't see quite as much, like James and Lily. And I love how you don't make excuses for Hermione's decisions. As a reader it's so hard to watch her let so many terrible things happen, but she does, even when she's not sure the reason not to intervene is enough. She may hate herself at times, but the fear, (valid or not,) of creating a worse future is enough to paralyze her. At least for a time.

I'm also selfishly grateful for all the wrongs you set right. Fred, Remus, Tonks, and of course Sirius; it's so nice to imagine that they all get a happy ending.

So I know it's been several years since they were finished and I've read many of your other fantastic stories since then, but these two stories stand out to me as some of the best I've ever read. I'm such a huge fan and always excited when I see you've posted something new.
AllyrianFlame chapter 33 . 2/25/2015
Originally, this was just a tool for procrastinating my research project. However, I have now been crying for an hour straight as I finish this tale and I honestly don't know how I'll ever recover. Great writing and story even though I'm so exhausted from crying right now and slowly running out of tissues. Just beautiful and tragic.
FallonNicole86 chapter 33 . 10/8/2014
So I just completely binged read this story. At first I hated the way Sirius treated Hermione. He was so concerned with Harry and things he couldn't control that he didn't even care about her standing in front of him. He just kept hurting her and hurting her and having the same argument over and over again. It made me sad at the end. I really hoped that both could be saved and then I hoped he wouldn't least lament the fact that he was a jerk most of the time since he got out of azkaban. Oh well. It was a great story thought!
The Dark One Rising chapter 33 . 6/4/2014
That was an ending I didn't expect. Still, was the death necessary? Was it? It adds more depth and meaning to the story, sure. But, still. Why? The ending was very bittersweet.