Reviews for Before the Dawn
sunshine.katz chapter 33 . 3/15
I completely teared up during the last few chapters. Beautifully written. It all had such an aching sense of inevitability and the ending just threw me. Off to read your seprequel now!
summmersun chapter 32 . 1/22
That last chapter was really something. It's so beautifully written...feeling sad now (
riverDraconis chapter 33 . 1/8
Oh my poor heart...
Guest chapter 33 . 11/15/2017
Oh my gosh I think someone just threw a glass of water on my face. You are beautifully, wonderfully, cruel to play with my heart like that. What an INCREDIBLE fanfiction. I may or may not have a million homework assignments but I am 100% about to binge read as many of your stories as I can
arizonadaydreamer chapter 2 . 10/27/2017
I adore this story. Just read back through the whole thing and it is just beautiful, heavy, and lovely. Thank you so much for sharing it!
VioletBuckbeak chapter 33 . 10/24/2017
Oh my God! That's how it ends?! It was sad and heartbreaking but so good but hats how it ends?! What happens now? It's a cycle? Does she still go back? Does she do it all over again? Ahhhh
jadeweepingrose chapter 33 . 10/20/2017
This was so beautiful, and still so hard. I love that this story is just a slice of the bigger picture, but I also can’t help but want more. To see what else happens and what changes are wrought by one alteration of the timeline. Like a small glimmer of hope for an eventual happy ending that you know won’t be there because nothing really ends, and this story is so true to real life you know happiness isn’t guaranteed. It is so strange to feel equally sad and satisfied by an ending. Thank you for writing and sharing.
annieca chapter 3 . 10/20/2017
I'm going to sound like a broken record pretty soon, gushing over your writing! But it is so beautiful. It's perhaps the best writing I've read in quite some time.
annieca chapter 2 . 10/20/2017
I cannot get over how beautiful your prose is. I mean, who would think to compare limbs tangled together to "badly stored jewellery"? It's beautiful I tell you! And so, so sad. In that you have written Hermione so empathetically that I can feel her sadness as if it was my own, even though I don't know all the details. So many kudos for this!
annieca chapter 1 . 10/20/2017
Ooh, I like the premise already! You have a beautiful writing style. It's very fluid and descriptive without going overboard or, on the other hand, giving too little. Looking forward to reading more!
wishtly chapter 33 . 8/6/2017
oooo non on o no no non ono oo

:is crying and IT WONT STOP:
Amerise Rei chapter 33 . 5/23/2017
This was such a well written story. I read it in one day but I cried a lot for the last two chapters. I think the touching part the I like the most was Arthur's fatherly role in the previous chapter. It was like he was taking to a daughter and the point he made about what's more important. Oh, the feels!
I really liked how Hermione is all knowing up until that last chapter, playing a role to just watching everyone she loves die, having to know with certainty is the most tragic part of her role in this as well as the other story that this story sprung from.
Molly and Arthur's role in these stories are my favorite and usually they are the most understated background characters in the books that most forget about but I love how you highlighted just how much of a backbone they are to Harry and in this case, Hermione as she technically grew up as an orphan without any parents after she went back in time. Now that I'm thinking about it, it is a shame that she not only lost her old life, but her whole existence was solely to save Sirius.
I've always wondered what Harry's life would have been like if his godfather had lived, but in this story, it's sad that his best friend made the ultimate sacrifice for him and he doesn't even know it. In away, it's also sad that her whole existence was mainly for Harry then Sirius and her life revolved around saving their life. Sorry for the existential tangent but for some reason this story made me really sad.
That is not to say that I didn't enjoy it. I really enjoyed how much Hermione tried to make lemonade out of all the lemons life gave her despite the sword of democles over hers and everyone else's head. I liked how Hermione tried to soften the blow to Cedic's death by giving him a goodbye letter and how as much of a stickler as she is for the rules, she broke the rules the one time it really counts because she couldn't live with letting Sirius' death on her conscience. Keep up the great work and I hope to read more of your fics!
A. A. Rei
LadyFlorentine chapter 33 . 5/17/2017
I'm crying my eyes out, thank you for writing this, it's so sad and beautiful.
LCB chapter 3 . 5/9/2017