Reviews for Before the Dawn
wishtly chapter 33 . 8/6
oooo non on o no no non ono oo

:is crying and IT WONT STOP:
Amerise Rei chapter 33 . 5/23
This was such a well written story. I read it in one day but I cried a lot for the last two chapters. I think the touching part the I like the most was Arthur's fatherly role in the previous chapter. It was like he was taking to a daughter and the point he made about what's more important. Oh, the feels!
I really liked how Hermione is all knowing up until that last chapter, playing a role to just watching everyone she loves die, having to know with certainty is the most tragic part of her role in this as well as the other story that this story sprung from.
Molly and Arthur's role in these stories are my favorite and usually they are the most understated background characters in the books that most forget about but I love how you highlighted just how much of a backbone they are to Harry and in this case, Hermione as she technically grew up as an orphan without any parents after she went back in time. Now that I'm thinking about it, it is a shame that she not only lost her old life, but her whole existence was solely to save Sirius.
I've always wondered what Harry's life would have been like if his godfather had lived, but in this story, it's sad that his best friend made the ultimate sacrifice for him and he doesn't even know it. In away, it's also sad that her whole existence was mainly for Harry then Sirius and her life revolved around saving their life. Sorry for the existential tangent but for some reason this story made me really sad.
That is not to say that I didn't enjoy it. I really enjoyed how much Hermione tried to make lemonade out of all the lemons life gave her despite the sword of democles over hers and everyone else's head. I liked how Hermione tried to soften the blow to Cedic's death by giving him a goodbye letter and how as much of a stickler as she is for the rules, she broke the rules the one time it really counts because she couldn't live with letting Sirius' death on her conscience. Keep up the great work and I hope to read more of your fics!
A. A. Rei
LadyFlorentine chapter 33 . 5/17
I'm crying my eyes out, thank you for writing this, it's so sad and beautiful.
LCB chapter 3 . 5/9
Ouch.
happiness8000 chapter 33 . 4/18
Wow ...sort of ...speechless
happiness8000 chapter 6 . 4/17
I'm reading this because of the nomination for a mischief managed award and I'm so happy!
happiness8000 chapter 5 . 4/17
God this is gut wrenching. But good.
happiness8000 chapter 1 . 4/17
Like the start!
Call Me Bessie chapter 33 . 2/6
This story is radiant.
You manage to distill the emotion you're aiming for, and concentrate it into so few words. That takes a great deal of skill, and it is something I will ever admire.
bennettfan84 chapter 33 . 1/28
I just found this beautiful piece and want to thank you for sharing this. It was amazing and I'm sitting here crying. Absolutely beautiful.
helenheaven chapter 33 . 11/2/2016
I don't think it's possible to feel this much... but I am, and it HURTS! Beautifully written, I would say thank you but I'm not quite there yet...
Maida chapter 33 . 11/2/2016
God. Oh my God. Good Lord.

I CAN'T EVEN OK I JUST STARTED AS A CASUAL READER BUT FELL IN LOVE AND GODDAMN IT THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND SO DEPRESSING, SO HEART-WRENCHING, BUT BEAUTIFUL NONETHELESS AND JUST GOD YOU'RE AMAZING OK PLEASE KNOW THIS I LOVE AND HATE YOU AMBIVALENTLY I JUST LORD HELP
mythaeology chapter 33 . 10/31/2016