Reviews for Just For Now
Le chapter 1 . 6/21
So um this story seams really good based after the first two chapter however I just can't read it. The subject matter hits far to close for home.
Equinox Lia chapter 20 . 6/10
I really like your the story and you writing. The dynamics between Harry, Snape and Draco does not feel forced or unnatural so I am really enjoying it. I was also thinking about when my mother went through cancer treatment, with chemo, she also became very thin. She got a blue prescription of vitamin smoothies so that she would get enough nurisment. Easier to get down.
Scared-potttah chapter 20 . 6/3
Please post more
meromero chapter 20 . 3/10
I need to know what's going to happen! Update it if you please!
I love your story so far by the way. It's emotional and interesting. Draco finally is starting to realize that one can't judge a book by its cover and Severus soon would also realize that Harry is not his father. Oh, I hope Draco and Harry would end being good friends or brothers or whatever.
:D
I-OfTheHawk chapter 19 . 2/19
Ey-o! So i absolutely fell in love with this story and speed my way through it. I also was very sad to see it hasn't been updated in a few years. Is this story adandoned? I really hope not because it's amazing and I really want o see where it goes :)
Pat chapter 20 . 2/9
1. This is a very moving account of what it's like to have this type of cancer. I hope for your sake that it's not you or a close family member who's experienced this, I hope you're a doctor or nurse who helps others deal with this. Even so, one person having to deal with this, is one person too many...

2. You've left your readers stranded on the Island of Incomplete Ideas. You started with "Harry has cancer" and "Draco has to hide with him" - but you haven't even gotten us to the first day of school, and you've taken 20 chapters to get this far.

If you're going to continue the story (and maybe you weren't planning on it) - you'll have to figure out what your endpoint is - what will you be aiming at. Are you going to think ahead to how this disease might end up cured in Harry's case? Or how Harry will get through one school year (learning only theory)? Or how Harry could possibly defeat Voldy if he's this sick? (And how will the Harry-horcrux affect the story?)
aussiec chapter 20 . 2/3
Please update this. It is far too well written to be left unfinished
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 1/9
Excellent update. Mike is getting an infusion every two weeks (the nivumolab stuff, aka Opdivo) and his tumors are smaller according to the last PET scan, yay! But his taste buds are still full of suck, though we're trying something called 'miracle fruit' that is supposed to help with that.

But the hair does grow back. Honest.
dhamann7878 chapter 20 . 12/19/2016
good story, hope you come back and finish it
she-who-is-invisible chapter 20 . 12/10/2016
Please Please Please Please Please Please Please PPLLEEAASSEE UPDATE NOW
apoemforgotten chapter 20 . 11/22/2016
I hope you come back to this! Very well written :)
Juliana Hart chapter 20 . 9/2/2016
Please update
bookworm51485 chapter 15 . 8/21/2016
My brother had non-Hodgkins. It is a bitch of a disease. By the time they figured out what was wrong, and he was misdiagnosed a few times (one doctor had him on antibiotics because he SWORE it was mono), the tumor has gone from a mass on his chest to covering his entire chest (most of his ribcage) and all the way down his arm. He had the port in his chest, just like Harry, but he also got radiation directed straight at his brain, which caused what they call Cancer Brain. He's got the worst memory. He'll do something and 5 minutes later forget he did it. He also suffers from horrible back pain, he had to get a special mattress for it, and Lymphodema, where his arm periodically swells to twice its size. The one thing that sucks about cancer and cancer treatment, even after you go into remission, the side effects of the cancer and them essentially pumping you full of poison for years are a bitch. Not only does it get your during, it'll follow you for the rest of your life.

I will admit, I wasn't see the weight of things earlier in the story, but I guess a lot of that was caused by ignorance of what cancer is. I'm starting to feel it a bit more, but the tone is still pretty light. I think about that time of my life. I was still in high school, he'd just graduated, though he was younger that normal so he was still a minor, and it hit the entire family. I spent my entire junior year of high school taking care of myself because my mom needed to be in the hospital. I went to visit him a few times and I couldn't go back. I still have a thing with hospitals. I don't like being in them, I don't like being near them, I don't like being around them. It's a miserable disease, absolutely miserable.
Guest chapter 20 . 8/7/2016
Ummmmm where ARE you?
Guest chapter 20 . 7/14/2016
Can you PLEASE post a new chapter? I'm about to cry... And I would love to know what happens next.