Reviews for Sacrilege
Aisu chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
This. Is. Brilliant. I'm Turkish and I already knew these, it's my country's history after all, and I love the way you turned it into a fan fiction. The way you wrote it is simply amazing. I adore it.
I also know for a fact, especially in early times of the republic, Turks have been obsessed with French culture. They translated their books, adopted their way of writing and even language. There are lots of words in Turkish which were orginally French. In high schools, the foreign language you learn aside from English is usually French, or maybe German.
So knowing all of this, and reading such an amazing fan fiction, I might start shipping them... Nah, better not.
Anyway, I just wanted to say just how brilliant this is. You are brilliant.
Hikou no Kokoro chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
I'll say this first: this was awesome. After seeing some fanart with France and Turkey, I was wondering where people were getting the pairing from. Little did I know that it's from the three century Franco-Ottoman Alliance!

This was really well-written, and it's clear the you've done your research (I need to read up on this!), and I really like how you basically parallel the historical events with the interactions between the two characters. Even though you're just paralleling, there is a great amount of creativity and originality in what you've done. After seeing so much history stuff, I've always thought that countries really ARE human; maybe because what is ruled by humans are human.

So this is a great one-shot! I really love it!
webcomix chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Hello, 'comix here! Returning the favour you so rightfully deserve.

Alright, let's see...where do I begin? First off, Holy Roman Empire, Batman, I did not expect this length for a one-shot. However, the story managed to sustain momentum and had appropriate breaks in the text for the different segments. I was still engaged by the end.

Second, I'm very happy for the fact alone that you went for a rare pairing (with two of arguable the SEXIEST characters in the series, asdfjkl;) which still has firm historical/cultural basis. In that vein, I found the characterisation quite nice, then. Even Turkey's inflection of sorts (which usually bugs me) worked out very well - it was actually used as an indicator of his brash personality. I'm happy that France was portrayed with many layers - both were, in fact. Good job on this. The other characters were slightly less fleshed out, HOWEVER I see this as being from the POV of your two main characters and therefore a skewed perception of their natures. So still - good job.

I had very minor issues with some sentence structure/syntax but it did not detract from my reading at all.

Once again, good job! D
regine-afalange chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
It's great 's realy a waste that there isn't more turkeyxfrance.

thank you for the story(english is not my first language)
Shinichi06 chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I simple cannot applaud long enough to emphasise how wonderful this story is. So marvelously written, and so delicately detailed. This is probably one of the best fics I've read in a long time. :)
Readers-Section chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Wow...you've put all that history and played with it so accurately AND made the characters fleshed-out while retaining their original feel...AND the story is interesting and fun to read. Amazing. And now I'm even more in love with Turkey than I was before.
Devin Aiden Teague chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Wow.. This was really amazing. I kind of like this pairing, and... I love how close to history this actually is.

I also love the history lesson in the end. :)
ultimatebishoujo21 chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Awww nice! I think francexturkey is a sexy pairing
WeAreTomorrow chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Is it bad of my that I find the idea of countries getting it on fascinating, cute and kind of really freaking hot.

And I actually have a Turkish friend who sounds exactly like that (she has the same tough-guy attitude).

I love this stuff, pleeeease keep making more.