Reviews for A Happy Dream
bye123456789 chapter 7 . 12/18/2016
oblivious madoka is my favorite thing to read in the worldddd
EverHopeful chapter 15 . 10/24/2016
Words are a struggle at the moment, so I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet.

This story has instantly taken a spot in my top 10 fanfiction stories I've ever read. The characters are all captured and portrayed with such warmth, genuine feeling and humor that I feel like I've known them all for years. You made me laugh, you made me feel, you made me happy.

I'm looking forward to reading more. I'll be here when it arrives. Thank you so much for writing this.
Random Guy chapter 2 . 7/18/2016
Omg kyoko is on fire. What should I do? LOL
rwby8520 chapter 15 . 6/15/2016
RIP me, binged through this fic in a day, now i'm like a drug addict who needs a fix of KyouSaya ;_;
JuiceCarver chapter 2 . 6/11/2016
I've been trying to find a good Kyousaya to read and this lovely piece appeared. I've read it before but now I've found it again. I think this is the only Fanfic I've reread and fully enjoyed. I love the way it flows and the story is simply outstanding. Thanks for another great write.
theoncomingwolf-tumblr-ao3 chapter 1 . 4/10/2016
Nice! I loved the fight scene between Sayaka and Kyoko particularly, as well as the references to Sayaka's magical girl persona.
Guest chapter 15 . 4/3/2016
Please continue this fic. Its one of my absolute favorites and i really want too see sayaka and kyouko get together already! Pleaseeeee.
Tai Ru Kaerisato chapter 15 . 3/11/2016
More please!
anonymous chapter 15 . 2/7/2016
I just found this fic, it's so great! Definitely one of the best I've read! :D Everyone feels really in character, and this story just really draws me in! And apparently its drawn in a lot of other people too, considering you have over 400 reviews. Awesome job ;u;
Cloy552 chapter 15 . 1/12/2016
Sayaka noooo that was a stupid idea. I'm liking this story a lot.
ProtagonistAlert chapter 15 . 1/9/2016
This story is an interesting one for me because I went in without many expectations, and I wasn't particularly enchanted with the story at first- I think it was primarily the typographical errors that irritated me and detracted from the experience. However, the more I read the story the more I was drawn in, and eventually I had grown almost as invested in these characters as I was in their canonical counterparts.

The story has an interesting sense of humor- even when a joke fails to connect, it fails to do so in a relatively interesting or entertaining enough way that it's perfectly excusable. Our different senses of humor was likely also an initial disconnect for me, but I eventually grow to appreciate your wit, and some of your jokes did get smiles from me, if not actual laughter. (I will say that I think your referential humor feels a bit ham-handed at times.)

The setting is surprisingly elegantly constructed- you provide excellent reasons for why characters are the way they are- Sayaka's character honestly feels like it has a stronger foundation than it does in canon, for instance. You manage to incorporate elements like Walpy in a way that makes some degree of sense (if you allow for a bit of suspension of disbelief), and incorporate characters in a surprisingly fluid and interesting fashion. The sheer amount of Madokaverse characters you've managed to work into the story is incredibly impressive, yet they never feel like they outstay their welcome or feel obtrusive.

I would say that Sayaka is the story's biggest success. You give the character an incredibly strong foundation while keeping her extremely true to her canon self, and then build from there. You manage to incorporate Kyouko into her life in a way that makes relative sense, and then have her develop in a relatively fluid and natural way as a result of this new element, primarily for the better. You manage to make her interesting, relatable, and honestly turn one of my least favorite Madoka (main) characters into one who I can root for, and that is definitely to your credit.

That's not to say your Kyouko is bad either. She has just about the right amount of spunk and snark to pass for the real article, while still making her feel original and not derivitative in the least. She's definitely charming and I am very interested in where the character is going to go from here.

The plot is primarily dominated by fluff, and here the story definitely excels. You do a fantastic job at making the various fluffy moments that the characters go through incredibly charming and endearing, and it makes the chapters just incredibly fun to read through. Even when there are dark clouds on the horizon, you manage to avoid making things feel grim enough to really ruin the general chipper tone of the story, which is something that is legitimately impressive for a Madoka fic. In fact, a lengthy Madoka fic with a genuinely chipper tone that isn't, on some level, dark and grim is something that is definitely worth celebrating.

You also do give minor characters like Junko a real chance to shine and shine they do, quite brilliantly.

And even my initial gripe of the story has mostly been cleaned up at this point- typos more or less seem to be a thing of the past, and they don't impede my reading of the story any longer, at a minimum.

So, very solid work. Will be very interested in wherever the story goes next.
TakerFoxx chapter 15 . 1/2/2016
OKAY! The holidays are finally freaking over, life has calmed down, so I can finally get down to this.

Reads title

Yes. Yes, she is.

Reads

Now this is a girl that seriously, seriously needs to get over violin boy. I mean, my God.

Reads

Hey, it could be worse. Instead of getting splashed by a car, you could be shanghaied into selling your soul and sending yourself into a downward spiral that will eventually destroy you and everyone you care about.

Reads

No matter what the universe, Homura is Batman. Or a Ninja. Assuming that there is no contradiction.

Reads

Damn Sayaka, are you like always on? You already saw her naked, so she’s okay. Turn off the paranoia already!

Reads

Sayaka is worst matchmaker.

Reads

Yes, Homura. Kyoko does indeed work fast. Consider that Sayabooty tapped.

Reads

I’m sure in time Mami will come to appreciate motocycles. I mean, they’re essentially giant vibrators.

And yay, Jun’s back!

Reads

Oh, ho ho! Considerable attention given to this little sister for it to just be a one-off. Could Jun’s last name be Momoe by any chance?

Reads

Enter Oriko. Oh, this will be fun.

Reads

Ah HA! Mama Sakura confirmed alive! Or was, anyway. What could this mean for the altered fates of Father Sakura and little Momo?

Also, I kind of love Oriko’s reaction to all this. “Oh, this new intern turned out to be a runaway that was reported missing. Guess I have to forge her some documents then.”

Reads

No matter the universe, Kirika will always be a troublemaker. Though I find myself curious as to what fate took the unlucky previous intern.

Reads

Kyoko has a very interesting way of getting fresh air. It’s very Peter Pan-esque.

Reads

The world needs more of Kyoko in a suit. Hell, it needs more Megucas in suits, period.
Reads

Um, try as I might, I just cannot picture Kyoko wearing makeup of any kind. Sorry.
Kyoko, you really, really need to tap that Sayabooty.

Reads

Hell of a first impression to make, ladies. Hell of a first impression. Good lord.

Reads

Aw great, it’s that asshole.

Reads

Oh. OH! So he’s that guy. Makes sense. Well, he’d better thank his lucky stars that Sayaka can’t whip out her Unlimited Cutlass Works and slice and dice like in the original ‘verse. Still, I predict nasty things in his future. Nasty, cathartic things.

Though it does make me wonder how Oriko puts up with him, and what would happen if he ran into Kirika.

And that’s it.

And now I wait.

For another year.

Sigh.
Friendlys chapter 15 . 12/30/2015
Last year I commented saying how you didn't show up for Christmas like the weird uncle but you actually did and I didn't realize it
kaito136 chapter 15 . 12/25/2015
I just checked… MY LAST REVIEW HERE ABOUT YOUR UPDATE WAS IN AUGUST 2014 BRUH WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE ALIVE THE DREAM IS STILL GOING ON

THIS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER HOLY FUCK THANK YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND KEEP UPDATING

Although tbh I had to reread nearly the entire fanfic because I've forgotten nearly the entire thing and I must say, your latest chapter has a distinctively different writing style. I can't pin point it out but the style is just different even if compared to the previous chapter.

Carry on though, off to wait another 1 year 4 months!
magicalgay chapter 15 . 12/23/2015
Wow, what a great 20 minutes of reading! Just good enough for me to wait another 12 months ;w; (Just kidding, I'm sure you're busy and stuff!)

Anyways, awwwh, I love Sayaka trying to make puns! And oooooOh, some Kyoko and Mami interactions? That'll be fun. I forget if you put the events of "The Different Story" as canon in this fic, but if they are, well... Sayaka had better hurry up and realize her true feelings for Kyou or else suffer another Kyouske/hitomi episode

Anyways, can't wait to see what happens!
522 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »