Reviews for The Oblivious Prince
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Great story! I first of all like how you made Gaius notice Merlin was hurt. In the show, he was running around like nothing had happened. Second, I like that you wrote about this epi cause so few do. I like how Arthur saw Merlin was hurt. It's always interesting to read a fic where Arthur sees something he would usually be knocked out for! I also like all the thoughts associated of Arthur's. I also liked Merlin trying pretend he wasn't hurt. If there isn't anything I love more then whump, is people who pretend they aren't whumped or whumped badly. Hehe. Great ending! :)
MamzelleHermy chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Fabulous ! I absolutly loved it ! It was really a great story. I think it possibly could lead to a new string of other stories.

Cheers.
Vegetableswillhavetheirrevenge chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
That was nicely done. I loved the basic train of thought, and the descriptions of both Arthur's and Gaius' reactions to Merlin's injuries were great. Well done :)
Aris1013 chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Very awesome story!
Emachinescat chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Yay! Another brilliant story by Loopstagirl! :)

Loved it - I love your Arthur to bits and his internal turmoil was great! Perhaps he's not the idiot the writers apparently want him to appear to be, after all. :D

GREAT JOB! :D
ruby890 chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
that was great. loved it. when arthur easedrops its the .
MerlinStar chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Great stuff! I re-watched the episode just last weekend, so it was good to get to read this so soon after. (:

It was nice to see a less ignorant side to Arthur, and how 'it was once again time to play the oblivious prince.' It's sad how Merlin still can't trust Arthur completely, and the prince is acknowledging that, yet still wants to be there when Merlin is ready. I liked the flashbacks too to early on when they knew each other and Arthur couldn't stand Merlin!

There were a few typos - I noticed especially you wrote 'side comment' rather than 'snide comment', at the bottom of the fifth paragraph, and it felt a little repetitive in places. I really liked the ending though, how bittersweet it was and that you didn't end the fic with a high note, but left it hanging to go into the rest of Series 3. Nice and angsty! It was interesting too how Arthur purposefully plays the 'oblivious prince', but on another level he really is oblivious to what Merlin had to go through regarding Morgana.
IceCreamDoodle13 chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Great story, shows how well Arthur knows Merlin as he decides not to push him. It's good to see an Arthur who isn't completely oblivious, just pretending to be. Good job :)
shirarara chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Love it, shame you're not going to make a sequal. It would have been amazing! But I still love your story, it's well writen and just amazing.

-dAuGtHeR oF zEuS
PoisoningPigeonsinthePark chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Oh!

THIS is the side of Arthur that we all love!

the side that isn't totally thick!

I thought this was wondeful - arthur was insightful, but not OOC... he was just the right amount of intelligent, as it were.

The concern for Merlin was so touching!

as was the fact that Arthur thought 'Merlin couldn't hate anybody'... because you got across how Merlin has had to change - and how arthur REALLY OUGHT TO HAVE NOTICED THAT BY NOW!

loved it :)