Reviews for The End of the World
Alethea27 chapter 8 . 11/8/2014
So sad! Neither of the Potter's are facing Harry's death very well. Lily's keeping super busy in order not to think about it and deal with the pain and grief and Potter's hitting the bottle rather than face his guilt, pain and grief. Not a good premise for a continued successful marriage.
The only reason Dumbledoof is worried about Severus is because he might lose his puppet. If Lily blasts him to hell and back when he admits he was the one that sicced Voldy on them, at least he'll be free of the guilt, but we can't have a spy who isn't feeling guilty because then he wouldn't feel obligated to dance to whatever tune Dumbledoof decides to play
Yeah, Black, right! You and a drunken Potter go teach Peter such a good lesson that you both end up in Azkaban. That will really help things! What a total asshat! Looking forward to the next chapter!
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 4/5/2014
Well, I don't blame Severus for being angry with Lily. After all, she didn't seem to have any trouble forgiving James for saying 'don't make me hex you, Evans', which would seem to me to be quite a bit less forgivable than 'mudblood'. But of course a rich, handsome pureblood is lots more forgivable, right?

As for Voldemort, he doesn't seem to have a clear view of his aims, or he'd have a lot more recruits of his own age, I would think.
Covered in Bruises chapter 4 . 9/17/2012
Why isn't Lily killing him for getting her son murdered and for being a Death Eater?
Montosse chapter 5 . 9/18/2011

(please) cool so far !
Penelope Muir chapter 5 . 9/13/2011
Aww, loved to see Lily and Severus working together :) So sad that Lily doesn't understand his reasons for keeping his distance from her - though I imagine it'll all make sense once he reveals his part in the prophecy and, indirectly, what happened to Harry.

Not so keen on James, I must admit. Loved Lily pointing out he's supposed to be a grown man when he reverted to childish insults. I was pleased to see Sirius, on the other hand; even if he did agree with James, but what else can we expect I suppose :). It was also good to see mentions of Remus and the betrayal he must have felt about the whole secret keeper/spy ordeal they went through - I wonder if we'll see him soon?

I'm very sorry it took me a while to read and review - I got the update email a couple of days ago but have been rushed about all week with work; the settling down period is over apparently lol. Was delighted to see you'd updated as a chance to relax :D
Penelope Muir chapter 4 . 8/28/2011
Yay! I'm so glad your writers block has eased up so you could get out this chapter :) It seems like things are really picking up; I'm looking forward to seeing if Severus does reveal the truth to Lily - it'll be very interesting to see her reaction and if she can forgive him for delivering to prophecy or not. I wonder, is this a Severus and Lily as a pairing story or just a friendship, with James still around? I see James and Lily are both coping with the loss of Harry very differently, which I imagine will be the cause of some strain as time goes on.

Really glad you've updated :)
Penelope Muir chapter 3 . 8/6/2011

The premise of this story is really interesting, I'm really keen to see where it goes and how events unfolded without either Harry or Neville to take on the role of the 'chosen one'. Also, if this leads to a Severus and Lily relationship, I'm looking forward to seeing the two of them together and how she goes to him following her relationship with James, as you've kept him alive in this story.

I'm guessing this is the story you're suffering writer's block with? I hope your muse strikes up again and you're able to continue :). The idea for this story is very original and that's quite difficult to find.

- Penny
IonicAmalgam chapter 3 . 6/2/2011
I like it. Nothing wrong with friendship fics. :)
illiterate ghost chapter 3 . 5/28/2011
Dear Author,

I get to be your first review, which is a huge responsibility.

I am very taken with the original idea of your story and am very curious to see where you are headed with this story. It's a very unique idea and you have done very well so far.

Your writing is engaging and of good quality, the pace of the story is also well set. However (I guess you knew there would be a however), if I were you I would think of changing my timeline, just a tiny bit. I actually checked your age to make sure that I am not commenting on something that you may not know because you are too young, but this is not the case. Parents whose child is murdered cannot sleep for weeks, usually end up having or being close to a nervous breakdown, end up having depression for at least a couple of months and are in generally in no state to walk to get a mug of cocoa from anywhere. Unless it's incredibly relevant to the timeline that Neville is immediately afterwards murdered and that the Potters are aware of it, please have them fly off to another Potter estate and let them mourn for a weeks at least. They can get to Hogwarts and Lily and Snape can get together after that. The behaviour Lily exhibits is that of someone, whose child died at least two weeks earlier.

I really like your story and hope to see an update soon. I hope you don't take my comment to much to heart.
SachaSacha chapter 3 . 5/28/2011
Those three first chapters are good ! I was disappointed when I arrived at the end of this one seeing I would have to wait for the next update to read more :)