Reviews for Locus Standi
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Great story! :)
ccase13 chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
I loved this story. Sam killing the coyote with a borrowed bow and arrow was great. No wonder Jess was starting to make up wild(but not wild enough!) stories about poor Sam's very peculiar family. I always like Jess fics, she must have been very nice since he loved her so.
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
What a fantastic story. So glad to have found it. :) Nicole.
Jillian chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Wow. This is great. Everything from the double-meaning of the title, to Jess's wild theories (if only she knew the truth!). I love how Jess loves and supports Sam, and keeps his secrets. I love that he took out a coyote with a bow and arrow. I love Sam's abnormal reactions to Jess's questions (The rifle wasn't loaded/ No one's expecting me).

Although since Sam is so concerned about not appearing like a freak, I think you should add in a line or two about Jess knowing about that fear and taking care that her reactions to his reactions didn't show how weird she thought his reactions are.

I love the medical jargon. No idea what it means, but it sounds good.

Keep it up.
Jessica chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
good luck jess wanting to meet sam's family add more want to read more thanks
Tellhound chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
This was really good. I really liked Jessica's explanation about who Sam's family was. She really did have a good imagination.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Very good story.
Team Rosalie chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
luved it :)
I'mcalledZorro chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Not really much of a hurtSam person, but love Sam/Jess stories, and I am so glad I read it! It was an awesome story! Loved how Jess kept on trying on figure out Sam's past. Also having Sam kill the coyote with a bow & arrow pure greatness! Thanks for sharing.
pielover62 chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
DItto to everything Madebyme said. I can't say it any better, so why try. I just loved the way you portray Jess here and her little fantasy about Sam's family was perfect.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Second time around and I could have wallowed in it all day long! All the little details about Sam and Jess, about their relationship and seeing a slice of their everyday lives, well it's just right up my alley and in my eyes it was perfection.

For the record, I loved how you filled out Jess's character because we know so little about her from canon. But you captured her bright, fun loving, kick-ass and caring personality that we did see glimpses of in the show and expanded on that, which I adored. I loved how she questioned herself, did she hurt Sam? Will he be OK? What would they do if he lost his leg? All the little things that would pop into any females mind given the situation.

It was brave of you to segue from the 'Jess is going to be a med student route' which, while it has it's merits in the Halloween costume, is getting tiresome and I really appreciated how you linked her creative musing about Sam's family into a career path. Very neatly done.

I liked it too how Jess picked up when Sam flinched or winced when she mentions certain things, or how he knows a lot about getting blood off clothes and doesn't think that 6 hour car journeys are long. It's little touches like these that fascinate me about her and complicate writing a fic from her POV because she must have suspected something, but what? And you did a really awesome job explaining that and making it feel realistic.

As always with your fics I spotted quite a few wonderful details which I'm sure equated to doubtless hours of research. The malleable dish soap gel was top of my list followed by the home-made icepack and medical information. That attention to detail really lifts a fic for me and I can't get enough of them.

Nice touch too with having Dean not get the call as he and John were in prison, not only did it tie it all into canon but you linked that to Sam's career choice, wanting to be able to hep out his family by taking a different route. You tackled that brilliantly, very inspired.

But most of all I adored how Jess's love for Sam really shone through. How despite the fact that Sam's clearly not being honest and completely open with her, how she doesn't know much about his family or his past, she's willing to put it all aside for the man she loves. Call me a romantic fool but I can't help but love that about her and knowing that despite all the crap that Sam goes through in the future, he did once upon a time, have a girl who would would do anything for him.

I must admit that I did miss Dean but mainly because I'd love to see his reaction when he finds out that Sam did his knee in my tripping over a shi-tzu! Maybe you could link it with some h/c in a little sequel. Just thought I'd put it out there...

I loved everything about his fic and I just ate it up! I really hope this got your writing juices flowing and that another fic will pop up again soon. Take care, Abbi
26 | « Prev Page 1 2