Reviews for Treading Muddy Waters
Ladyaloysius chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
I think so too, McGee!
Gottahavemyncis chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Wow, you must have precognition, this story fits so well with Shabbot Shalom! You laid out the attempted redemption, 18 months ahead of time!
tangled6 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
"Too little, too late."

You summed that up rather accurately. Perfect ending to a great story! It is always a fascinating read when we get insights into McGee's feelings about his partners. I believe you're the first to cover this particular moment. Job well done!
Mechabeira chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
How did I miss this? How did I not manage to see this after two such intense episodes as "EF" and "ED?" I am a fool.

I love this. I love the casualness-if that's a word-because it seems to really capture the strange, offhand way Tim speaks. It's beautiful and honest, too, in how it captures the complexity of Eli's relationship with Ziva. Brava.
JoBelle chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Too right! Too little too late! Your McGee was very in character here! Great job! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
like this one shot alot.
Amilyn chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
This is really excellent. I like Tim deciding to give a straight answer because of how *Ziva* had tried to be kind to Jackson. I like him deciding not to make things more difficult for Ziva by sharing the conversation with Ziva. Nice choices of dialogue, character details and character decisions throughout. Eli *does* ambush people, and, even though he's lousy at the execution, does want Ziva to be happy.
lol chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
An nicely written point of view, Tim trying to protect Ziva even though he's not exactly sure what he's protecting her from - he's willing to wait and see if Eli will attack or not.

A curious use of an opening song quote, "Now fatherland, fatherland, show us the sign / Your children have waited to see..." since Tomorrow Belongs to Me, from Cabaret, is the song sung in the play by the Hitler youth group and is about taking over Germany. To use it for a situation between two Israelis - somebody really must hate Eli!
Proseac chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I found this piece through a rec from Alidiabin, and I must say, I'm impressed. I like what you've done with Tim's thought process here - the missing pieces you've added fit very well with the canon. Also, given the way Enemies Domestic finishes off, it's very believable that Eli would show such concern about Ziva to McGee. Maybe Hadar was right after all, Eli's heart is close for a reason?

Nicely done!
HerLadyship86 chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Yep. Good ol' McGee. I can totally see this happening in that episode.
ChEmMiE chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Loved it! Perfect! :)
ls chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
really welll done thank you
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Good fic, I liked the side of Eli it showed. And McGee's care for Ziva.