Reviews for The bodyguard
iluvfandoms1 chapter 8 . 9/13/2014
Alright then wasn't expecting that ending. I mean it was obvious Artie was going to be mad at kiku but himxalice was surprising to me. Other than that it tugged at all the right feels and I loved it.
theSardonyx chapter 8 . 6/11/2014
You wrote Seme!Japan for am AsaKiku fic. Thanks.

Write on.!
Yuna
JayP.H chapter 8 . 10/16/2013
This. THIS STORY. RIGHT HERE. IS BEYOND AMAZING. IT SHOULD BECOME A NOVEL AND I WOULD DEFINETLY BUY IT. This right here is BY FAR one of the very top best fan-fictions I have ever laid eyes on and would recommend it to ANYONE who would like to go on a fairy tale adventure. Its beautiful and magnificent
Spica-san Dee chapter 8 . 3/17/2013
I LOVE IT.
So touching, and I keep crying at some point. Maybe I am a crybaby, but oh well, this is a great story anyway. Such a nice idea wrapped into marvelous plot. The ending is beautiful, however, I felt bad for Alfred. He'll have two fathers and he'll grow with thoughts like 'OMG mah dad'za bi.' I don't feel sorry for Alice, dunno why, but this doesn't mean I hate the ending. I think it's so romantic, knight and princess stuff

Gonna fave this!
- Spica Dee
Yue Sai chapter 8 . 12/17/2012
I was really looking for some good Asakiku fics since they're hard to when I stumbled upon this one. I will admit, in the beginning I did not have high hopes, but as the story progressed, I have really come to love it. I like how you made photography a hobby for Kiku, and I also enjoyed the fairy tail parts in this story as well. As much as I feel badly for Alfred and Alice, I really did like the ending. Thank you for writing the story as I found it to be a lovely past time. I hope to read something else of yours soon. Take care and thanks again.
Chichita chapter 8 . 10/15/2012
This was such a lovely story. Took me a while to read but I'm happy I was able to finish it even though is midnight lol.

The story is unique and I love the way you slowly made the characters fall in love. Each chapter was very well written and I must confess I almost wanted to tear you apart when chapter 7 ended, it made me sad especially what Arthur did. But I'm happy it ended somewhat of a happy ending. I too hope both of them find the happiness they deserve

I'm such a sucker for Kiku. X3 great story, hope you will consider a sequal. Asakiku 4evar 3
Guest chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
awwwwww this is soooo asdsadfbkJDBF i don't knowwww but it made me squee many times...
...next chapter!
MAWI
LadyArn chapter 4 . 7/4/2012
I'm loving this so far! Usually I don't review on finished pieces until the llast chapter, but I felt I should mention this:

Here in England, college doesn't refer to a private school. Confusingly, a private school is called a public school here. Our education system is a lot different to many other countries - we don't work by the grade systems.
You start at Preschool at around three years old. At four, you start Key Stage One (Primary School). At seven, you start Key Stage Two (Middle School). At eleven, you begin Key Stage Three (Upper or Secondary School).
At around sixteen, you leave compulsary education. Here you either begin college - either a Technical College to study practical subjects like hairdressing, or a Sixth Form College to study academic subjects like maths or psychology - or get an apprenticeship to learn a trade.
Most college courses last for two years, after which you can either try and get a job, or go to university for a degree or a diploma.

All education below college level is free. You only pay for education if you attend a public school, and when you attend university (except if you choose a medical course, and then the National Health Service pays for it).

Sorry, just thought you might like to know.

If you wonder why I know this, I'm a twenty year old English girl, I went to a normal school, a sixth form college, and currently attending a nursing course at university - I've never paid a days tuition in my life, and my student loan repayments will be less than a quarter what my friends will pay!
iamrebornthruhim chapter 8 . 5/30/2012
at ch 7, i will admit...i stared cursing you. then i finished chapter 8 and it was an amazing ending! i absolutly loved it! they way you captured their personalities was awe inspiring. i really wish i could write like you write.

again, i loved this story :)
xdreamsxinxmyxheart chapter 8 . 3/22/2012
Hi! Just wanted to say I really enjoyed this. There were some grammatical errors (but who cares?). The only thing that got me was the time period. At first I thought it was Victorian Era then there started to be cameras and airports and I was like " Wait, what?" Σ(・・;But it was great nevertheless. Have a good day! (_)
Dr. Dee Da Dee chapter 8 . 2/2/2012
OMGOMGOMG I only just read this, in one sitting, but just OMG that was the sweetest thing i ever read! I loved this story so much thankyou for writing it X333

The whole thing of them being together since childhood and when they nearly kissed hhhnnnng XD basically i loved it, and will now cease my meaningless jabbering XD

(the only other thing i will say, is that I am British and I've never heard a private school be called a college before. I mean, heck, i only just joined college this year, and im 17 XD) again this was awesome X333
ivyterasu chapter 8 . 11/2/2011
i the story! TTwTT one of the bests i have read! w keep with the good work!
LadyKnightRose chapter 8 . 8/28/2011
This made me cry! ( In a good way! ) 5/5 stars!
Selinawen chapter 8 . 7/16/2011
I've finally finished this story today, XD! I don't have enough words to describe my feelings because this isn't really the type of stories I usually read... But though stuff are confusing due to that reason, I managed to enjoy it throughout I laughed at how Ivan always seems to be the bad guy in a few Asakiku fics I've read including this one (but can't complain since I love making Alfred the bad guy), Since I love Russia, Japan and England equally in my #1 spot, I would like to see a story where they are friends for once one day, haha

In all, I feel that the description really blows my mind away and I feel that I could never describe things to this extent, but then again, I'm not too good in description to begin with so...

When I read the end of chapter 7, I go like... "whyyyy!" But at the end where they finally got together, I can't help but smile reading it, and I'm still smiling now XD!

I like it that you included Vash and Elise, seeing as they are my 2nd Hetalia OTP after Asakiku, it just makes me smile to see them there :) Actually...they are the first Hetalia pairing I ever liked, but Asakiku is too strong for them :p

I know I talk a lot...sorry, I've been going out of topic a lot... all I want to say that this is an awesome story and I hope to read more of your fanfics in future _

Oh and...if you are wondering who I am...the first word before 'Matantei' in my username shall give you a clue...I should really chang my pen name to something regconisable though... More clues...hm...I'm on dA and you got me into tumblr...I think that's enough clues for now XD!
kaz320 chapter 3 . 6/28/2011
I must confess I finished the rest of your story last night, or rather early in the morning around 4 a.m., on a work day (Monday of all days!). I was simply too caught up in the story to stop. Thank you so much for producing this beautiful work. Your creativity is surely something to be praised and deeply appreciated.

The Chapter three was as excellent as the previous two chapters. The rhythmical tempo of the story development was pleasant, and the five-year period was very naturally described over the course of this one chapter. I sincerely adore your writing talent.

There were so many parts which I liked – some of them sweet, some of them subtle – in this chapter that I cannot quite choose which one to start with. I think my most favorite scene was when Arthur let Kiku sleep in his bed. The fact that it didn’t take Arthur long to notice his bodyguard's fatigue, as well as Arthur's genuine concern for Kiku taking the form of dragging him into his bed and practically forcing him to take a rest, were so heartwarming. Also, I found it sweet that Kiku was the first person Arthur shared his bed with (my apologies this expression is rather misleading… I meant just literary). In addition, Kiku tucking Arthur in bed was really cute, especially when Arthur said he is too old for it. At that point Arthur might have possibly been slightly taller than Kiku, hasn't he? Considering their heights were just about the same when they first met? Maybe I'm overreacting to such a trivial matter, but somehow the scene made me really swoon :-D

At the end of this chapter, we could see Arthur's longtime torment-to-be, Kiku distancing himself from his ward for the sake of professionalism, has officially started. Maybe the first sign was when he caught himself reaching out to a sleeping Arthur, when he first declined Arthur's offer to sleep with him (gosh, again my apologies for the misleading sentence).

I am grateful that there is so much space we readers can take the liberty of imagining how their relationship has been developed over the five years captured in this chapter. Especially, as Alice mentioned in later chapter, I'm curious how Kiku befriended with her big brother :-) Thank you again for yet another wonderful chapter!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »