Reviews for Journey
Jengurl24 chapter 50 . 5/26
Fourth or fifth time reading through beginning to end and Journey is still one of my favorite FFVII stories out there. Not just for the valenwind, but just Vincent, Cid and the rest of the characters you've written so well. I haven't been able to find you on AO3 though? I have admittedly stalked your DevArt profile and thoroughly drooled over your art...eheh ;) I would love to see a sequel or even just some mini story arcs featuring post-Journey Vince, Cid and Avalanche. I also have a weakness for Vincent and Marlene interacting and would love to see you write their meeting. The way she ran to him in AC spoke of familiarity and sparked my imagination into a frenzy of "adorableness vs. tall, dark and gloomy", the victor being obvious, lmao.
Autumn810 chapter 1 . 1/20
I remember reading this when it was being written. It inspired me to write and to keep writing and even now, reading it again two, almost three, years later, it's still basically the best thing I've ever read. So props to you! Thanks for the inspiration, the laughter, and the tears. I'mma keep reading now because, y'know, cid Highwind and all ;)
guest chapter 50 . 12/2/2017
great story! my first 'valewind', and it's epic.!
the first chapters flew by and you had me hooked on their journey.
i got caught up in cid's character and couldn't stop reading, i just love the way you built up everything.
cid's attraction, how you wrote vincent(and his 'living' cape), yuffie - who is very recognizable as a teenager, i could go on and on , the characterization and your plot are simply perfect.
like i said, great story! thank you for sharing! :-)
metz chapter 50 . 3/12/2017
I think this is one of the best retellings of canon I've ever read for FF7! There's such a hard balance to find between putting in too much detail from the actual canon and leaving things out to make it flow better as a written narrative but you really pulled it off amazingly. And the way you describe the journey with a much more realistic tone, including the weather and the consequences of risky battles and the ways that the group would have to actually navigate the terrain, is really refreshing to me. Especially because it kind of drives home the differences between the characters' physical capabilities and tolerances that are easy to forget about in light of game mechanics that basically smooth everyone into a uniform fighting machine. Plus the ever-present problem of who was there to see this happen and who had to hear about it second-hand or who never knew because they joined later is used so well to develop Cid's understanding of Vincent, like I was just blown away.
Cid's characterization was honestly amazing and I love the way you put so much detail into the Highwind and her crew and his relationship with them (I love that you gave the poor beleaguered pilot a name and actual interaction with Cid!). The first time I played FF7 I was so surprised by the segments where Tifa and then Cid step up as leader/decision-maker but I think they're honestly some of the best parts of the game in terms of characterization and you really fleshed out the behind the scenes details that get skipped over in the POV transitions. Plus Cid's attitude to leadership really rang true to me as part of his character; that and how he relates to Rocket Town and his past as a Shinra pilot were really interesting parts for me, and I like the way you depicted the relationship between him and Shera as well as his recognition of how he fucked up there.
And of course, the romance was honestly so good. As much as I love a good relationship reveal fic, I appreciate the understated way that their partnership remains fairly ambiguous to the rest of AVALANCHE even though they're not ashamed of it or really actively concealing it. Ditto to the way in which Cid tries to engage with Vincent without really pushing over any boundaries and making it clear to Vincent that he can both enforce boundaries and reach out to Cid in return. (And it's really nice to read a fic that doesn't either demonize Lucrecia or paint her as a perfect mother who did no wrong.)
Honestly, one of my fave things about this fic is the way you managed to write so much but still leave things unsaid in a way that just makes me want to think about all the other little things going on in the background (like what Shera and Barret's faces will look like when Cid suddenly returns from the garden with Vincent, both of them very obviously disheveled). I spent an amazing chunk of my day just reading through this once and I'm sure I'll come back to it again in the future to laugh at my favorite bits and discover all the nuances I probably missed the first time around.
Thank you for writing this. 3
Guest chapter 50 . 1/16/2017
this is probably the best valenwind fic and possibly one of the best ff7 fics out there 3
so big thank you for being awesome and writing and posting!
Verlerious chapter 50 . 8/19/2015
I can't believe I took this long to put in my final review for this fic. Dx Absolutely loved it of course though naturally I hate seeing it end. But I do love how it ends, especially Cid's frustration to Vincent leaving without a word for so long. Lol just love the way you write these two. Looking forward to your future creations.
Guest chapter 50 . 7/14/2015
This story was amazing
Loved it to pieces there was some writing/phrasing problems, but I was too hooked to care to point them out... Sorry?
Thanks so much for writing and charingļø
Zweit chapter 50 . 7/10/2015
Wow. Just, wow, my friend.

I recently jumped onto my old copy of FF7 after the Sony E3 trailer of the impending remake. With all that nostalgia I even ventured to this old site for something fun to read. Boy did I get more than I bargained for! First and foremost, your writing is excellent. I love the easy flow you're able to create and how well (at least, I think) that you capture Cid's personality and tone. Not once did any part ever feel mundane or dull to read through. I found myself eager to find time to come home, sit down and devour more. I especially love the original scenarios you created to go inbetween points unseen in the actual storyline.

Most of all, though, I absolutely /adore/ Cid and Vincent's relationship. It's such a slow burn, Cid's patience and understanding beyond endearing, but it fits the narrative of Vincent's history so well and it creates such a healthy, loving thing that I kind of feel at a loss now that (after reading steadily for a week) it's all over lol

I didn't mean to leave a novel in response to yours! So I'll finally end by saying that this was an immense pleasure to read. And I definitely look forward to seeing what other wonderful stories you have made and those still to come :)
Product Of A Sick Society chapter 50 . 7/3/2015
Great closure. :) I laughed aloud at "I snore /pleasantly/," XD

You know that feeling you get when you finish a book, and it was really good, but now you're just depressed that there's no more? I'm feeling that right now. I have to go back and reread this story to make myself feel better, haha.

You have a way with storylines, I've noticed. Even when there's not much happening, it stays interesting. I know there's a technical literature thing that explains it, but I forget writing terms as fast as I learn them. :P Like... I dunno, all the events feel relevant. Even the "filler" events usually help along some form of character development, and I think that makes all the difference with a long story like this. I've been striving to accomplish that for years, and you make it look effortless. :)

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more from you.
Love-Ice-Rose chapter 50 . 6/29/2015
I don't think it needed smut, this seemed right somehow :)
I'm excited for the sequel! Also super curious how the team finds out about them.
Thanks for investing so much time and work into this, it always cheers me up to read it and I am so appreciative that you wrote it.
Pureblood-BloodRose chapter 50 . 6/29/2015
I'm sad that this story is ending but I'm also happy because you have created a beautiful story that was an enjoyable journey (see what I did there ;) ) to be on. I loved every from beginning to end and I am glad that you decided to share this story with us. :)
SailorPoison666 chapter 50 . 6/29/2015
Bravo! Bravo! That was a great ride. Thanks for posting this.
kilala-hunters chapter 50 . 6/29/2015
The epilogue already T-T
You got me scared for a minute when Vin wasnt there, I'm glad he came back!
Hope to read more from you pretty soon!
Rosyan chapter 50 . 6/29/2015
Thank you for this great fic.
taikuus chapter 50 . 6/28/2015
It's over!? Wow, can't believe it's been four years. This is one of the best FFVII fics I've read, and by far one of the best, if not THE best, long fics I've read. Your writing is actually very good, you have a way of bringing a scene to life and there isn't much, if any, awkward wording which I inevitably find in most stories. I quite liked how you wrote the sex scene - not over the top, totally believable. Please write a sequel! I've never been a fan of Valenwind but you're changed that. These two are great together.