Reviews for The Art of Drowning
me chapter 7 . 7/30/2011
poor Tom. please keep updating and writing!
American Fantasy chapter 7 . 7/28/2011
Ah this is so good! Update when you can, I can't wait to find out what happens next!
ticass11 chapter 7 . 7/27/2011
I am really loving this story. Please keep this up as I am enjoying this.
Alpha Flyer chapter 7 . 7/26/2011
"Relationships are difficult, not impossible." Plain truth, plainly spoken - with the hint of optimism that is needed to make it all work.

This chapter had everything: Beautiful dialogue I could hear spoken in the characters' voices; an ebb and flow of emotions ranging from humour to despair, stopping just short of catharsis (the running scene alone was breathtaking - no pun intended); texture and wit; and two of my very favourite things: Shakespeare and Armani. Too bad FFN's limitations do not permit declaring a "favourite chapter". This would be it.
darkfinder chapter 5 . 7/24/2011
to bad for them .
darkfinder chapter 4 . 7/22/2011
good stuff to bad some on the T SIDE .
darkfinder chapter 3 . 7/22/2011
what a tease to cut off there .
darkfinder chapter 2 . 7/22/2011
what build . can't wait to see what happens next .
amieemb chapter 6 . 6/24/2011
I'm at a loss...

This is a beautifully written chapter that captures the hurt and struggles of both individuals. The fact that they are at least talking at the end of the chapter makes me feel hopeful.
BevNPicard chapter 6 . 6/24/2011
Very good chapter, but now I'm crying.
Alpha Flyer chapter 6 . 6/24/2011
A beautiful exploration of love and friendship, how they can coexist - should there even be a difference? - and how denial of one can lead to loss of the other. As J says, forgiveness is the key for both to flourish in harmony. Here's hoping Tom and Kathryn find it again ...
J chapter 6 . 6/24/2011
I wise woman once told me that forgiveness is the hardest thing. And within even that, self forgiveness the hardest of all.
Juddysbuddy chapter 5 . 6/14/2011
I'm really enjoying this story but the end of this chapter was really sad. If Kathryn really loves Tom, I don't think breaking up with him would make her better able to make command decisions involving him. She isn't going to quit caring for him just because they aren't sleeping together. Of course, Tom's dad's remark was already weighing on her mind. Thanks for writing!
American Fantasy chapter 5 . 5/24/2011
Love this! Please continue
amieemb chapter 5 . 5/23/2011
What a roller coaster ride! Kathryn's hormones remind me of ME! lol

I love the give and take of Tom - he is really a complex yet simple man. It broke my heart to see him consoling her over the break-up and then watching her walk out. She needs to figure this thing out and stick with something.

Great 2 chapter!