Reviews for The V's Have It
Alereic chapter 10 . 1/11
A few years late, but what the hell?

I only recently found the beautiful storytelling that is the Kingkiller Chronicles, and just finished the second book. Let's hope that this review does not come so late that our author won't read it, shall we?

A few grammatical and spelling errors, a bit of forced dialogue and description that, for me, didn't sink up with the original writing style, bash complain critique, blah blah blah, etc. Now that that is out of the way, "The V's have it" was a treat! Read in the better part of an hour, a wonderful little "what-if?" between our titular not-yet hero and my personal favorite female character in the books. Making them siblings in love, while a common theme in fanfiction, is well-played, with true feeling given life in another's characters. I felt tension, despair, and had a good, honest belly-laugh at the final chapter's "dueling words" line. I am truly pleased to have found both Patrick Rothfuss and our dear Mushroom Scribe. Definitely a favorite to reread in the future, and I look forward to perusing the author's previous and future tales.
K chapter 10 . 9/24/2014
You've watched many fetish-filled anime, haven't you?
Never imagined a Devi/Kvothe thing, but still liked it.
Keep up the good work.
Csyren chapter 10 . 8/30/2014
I'm so glad that I've stumbled on this little story. It was so heartwarmingly sweet, as short as it was. However, I believe I wouldn't have it any different. I understand this story is old, but I want to make clear that this story has baught me such happiness even after so many years and that a thanks is the least I can say.
misterfn chapter 10 . 5/8/2014
I say nothing but awesome. Thank you for this story
MarkusK chapter 10 . 1/19/2014
I have to say, this was a good fanfic. That incest was a bit disconcerting though. All I have to say is that in the Silmarillion, Tolkien had a little incest thing. Here, I'll give you the link. lot r. wiki m/wi ki/Nie nor. Just get rid of the spaces.
MAPB chapter 10 . 1/12/2014
I just finished this, and wow, it was very good. You've got a real gift for writing here, and its important that you know that. The prose was fluid and elegant, the plot was very well constructed. Tens across the board with this one!
Fraxure Productions chapter 10 . 11/6/2013
*weeping* Oh... That was so beautiful...
Damascus Steel chapter 10 . 9/25/2013
All in all the story was quite good, and well written to boot. It took some crazy turns I certainly didn't expect and gave me a severe Dafuq moment, but I actually found it very refreshing and interesting. Very unique, and I'm not just talking about the balls it takes to take a turn for something as controversial as incest, but that it really was a genuine surprise plot twist. Not only that, but then how the story actually progressed fairly fluidly from that total change in direction from what I had come in expecting. The strangeness and somewhat twisted nature of their relationship worked to draw me into the dynamic quite well, and I found myself rooting for them while also kind feeling fucked up for doing so. The characters were a little bit too sappy to be considered true to the novel I suppose, but who I am kidding I'm reading a fanfic that's what I'm here for :P
Overall though the story most certainly drew me in and I congratulate for a job well.
roseflorintine chapter 10 . 5/6/2012
I liked it. Well written, and just a tad bit bittersweet. Good job!
Kiwisuru chapter 10 . 3/6/2012
This was a truly wonderful story. I did NOT expect that twist, but it was all very well put and I really got into the characters. I loved the first book (This was really good in keeping with the endish of it) and I can't WAIT to get the second one. I keep putting it off because I'm afraid it won't be as good as the first one (poppycock of course, but still) Anyway, your story was great. I loved it. It brought a smile to my face and made me laugh.

Thank you.
Gstar391 chapter 10 . 12/31/2011
That is the best take on Kvothe Kingkiller I have ever read. Admittedly, that's only out of ten or so, but this was a pretty fantastic story. I will say, the incest threw me off for a bit- I kept wondering exactly how you did that- but it actually made the story better. After all, it wouldn't be Kvothe without some crazy twist.

If you ever decide to write the in-between chapters, I would read those in a heart beat; you even managed to make the style of writing similar to Mr. Rothfusses
donovan123456789 chapter 10 . 12/9/2011
i liked it an intresting twist
roseflorintine chapter 10 . 9/24/2011
I like it!
Bloodyredshade chapter 10 . 8/22/2011
This is an amazing story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I personally have no objections about incest. You find love where it lays. It's hard enough finding love. It's impossible to find it again. I loved to read and reread the King Killer series. It's amazing. It's nice to see Kvothe get paired up with devi. Not only is it interesting but, it is also better than that denna girl. She's sketchy. Devi seems like a good match up with Kvothe. I think I might try my hand at a King Killer fanfic. Good luck with future projects.
unimaginablyevilguycalledbob chapter 10 . 8/10/2011
tad creepy and I would have prefered it more explicit but on the whole a good fic