Reviews for Righteous Deeds
croclock chapter 4 . 4/22/2013
this was so beautiful, I've read it many times and keep coming back to read it again... I almost cried at the end. A bit different from how I imagine them, but that made it even more interesting i guess. Really beautiful and interesting, i love it immensely!
Fortune Zyne chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
This was an epic story! Well done!
Crimson Cupcake chapter 4 . 6/3/2011
Such a bittersweet ending. I feel so, so sorry for the Feanorians, especially- no, I just feel sorry for all of them. I guess I'm more inclined to pity Turko and Curvo because they're in the story more, and I really do think that it was more of injustice being dealt to them than otherwise (though of course I'm very, very biased). But in a way, if the two of them hadn't been driven out of Nargothrond, they would have died when the city fell, and then there would be less Feanorians. So I guess it's a good thing. Kind of. Not really.

There were parts of this which made me want to 'awww' and cry at the same time. Most were Celegorm-related. Yes, I'm so biased, I love Turko the best out of the Feanorians (save Feanor himself), though I don't really know why. I mean, they're all awesome! But I really love how you showed Curvo. Manipulative in his nature, not by trying to be. And also, he thinks that others act as he himself would act. This shows through really clearly when he was talking to Celegorm after the Luthien-speech.

Great, I feel like I'm analysing this now xD Still, so depressing. If only this would happen... those poor Feanorians... Wouldn't it be great? Back to Valinor (or staying in ME as lords), Silmarils in hand, head held high, and leaving Morgoth completely and utterly defeated. -sigh- If only.
Lisse chapter 4 . 5/1/2011
So lovely!

I really enjoyed how you portraided Curvo :) cruel, manipulative, but not without honor and pride. A Noldo lord indeed!

I just wished you would have go on with the story a little further, so we could see the interaction between Turco and Curvo with their other three brothers (specially the twins)

Anyway, amazing story :)
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 4 . 4/21/2011
Your ending did not disappoint, oh no it did not disappoint AT ALL! I love the dialogue between Tyelko and Curvo there at the end about Curvo's respect for his brother. I only hope he was telling the truth! :) Earlier on, I loved hearing Tyelko's confession of love for Luthien. I always knew he really was in love with her (not just her position of power) and I've always wished they ended up together. :( :( I hate that jerk Beren! Oops, rambling again! ;
FireFly07 chapter 4 . 4/19/2011
Whoa! I think that your writing totally improved...especially that ending, it was so dang epic! It sounds even more Tolkienesque than before, with all the pride of the Feanorians, the awkward moments between close brothers and the conversation leading them to hope and determination... it was so d*mn awesome, because "dang" doesn't cut it anymore. :D :D :D

And I LOVED the part in Maedhros' chamber... it WAS so fluffyyy~~! So cute, how Maedhros isn't so mad about it because they're brothers and 'cause of the Oath.

Man... I'm totally looking forward to your other stories!
Anamia 1 chapter 4 . 4/17/2011
Somehow, I feel pity for Celegorm. I wander what would happen if he was able to meet Luthien before she met Beren?
FireFly07 chapter 3 . 4/15/2011
I can totally imagine Curufin having a calm smile even in the most difficult of times... X3

I like how Maglor is the one who was loud this time; Maedhros just being silent. Brings more personality to them; since their roles are more often than not, the other way around.

Thingol's letter... D: Must have been hell for Maedhros to have read.

The ending... it was so... I loved it. The Feanorions are so cute...! I love how you made Maglor calm down... the last few paragraphs made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. C: Celegorm's last sentence was epic, and a perfect chapter-ender :D
FireFly07 chapter 2 . 4/15/2011
Nee! The part where Celegorm was asking Maedhros if they could stay, it was so cute~ Well done on the brothers' discussion and meeting!

Curufin's and Celegorm's exchange was interesting. I have always liked argument scenes for some reason... challenges the author to think up smart defensive lines for the characters :D I can totally imagine that argument happening. "...it was but a matter of time before I could persuade him to look at all this from my point of view." Perfect line for Curvo :)

Oh ho ho... the letter from Doriath has come, Maedhros is conveniently in a good mood, and Celegorm is not on perfect terms with his partner-in-crime... D:
Anamia 1 chapter 3 . 4/15/2011
Oooooh...Curufin is such a little snake. I can't wait for his true colors coming out. I believe there is a story somewhere about that.
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 2 . 4/14/2011
I like this. I like this very much indeed. Being a huge Curufin fan, I love the telling from his POV! You've pointed out some stuff (actually justification of a sort for their actions) that had never crossed my mind and your style is fabulous! (e.g. They were trying to stop Finrod from going to his death, etc.) I also liked the description of Orodreth as a "pitiful creature." I agree with that statement all too much and actually composed a page-long rant on my sympathies for his apparent wimpiness! Anyway... love the story, can't wait for more! (sorry for rambling! :)
Anamia 1 chapter 2 . 4/14/2011
I never liked Curufin. I always taught he is a natural conspirator. So was Celegorm. It's childlish to say, but I think it's the Huans presence at his side that made him look tolerable. But oh, the wrath of Maedhros is something to behold! Can't wait (swoons all over the poor, innocent keyboard...and the cat...don't ask).
FireFly07 chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Wow, I loved it! :D The atmosphere was very nice (well, dark actually, just perfect.) I really like the way you write; it's quite similar to how Tolkien writes (that's a personal opinion.) And... I feel so much pity for Curufin and Celegorm now... very effective intro.

Ohgosh... why did I feel such sudden, unexplainable, and very strong sorrow when Maglor said, "He is dead?"? ... Poor Finrod, and poor Maglor...! D:

Curufin enjoying being in the limelight... very Feanorian... :) Very strong last paragraph too. I really like how... immediate, this story sounds. Immediacy. That's right. Nice work! DEFINITELY looking forward to the next chapters; I think this is my favorite of your stories so far! :D
Anamia 1 chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I was waiting for this story since I saw your picture of it on da. Waiting for more, please.