Reviews for Pursuit
Giselda chapter 1 . 3/21
This fic is beautiful, sensitive and charming. Love the way you captured the nuances in the interactions between the 2 leading men. And Saitou is SO SO freaking adorable here!
saadokana18 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Wow. Just wow. This is the first time I've read a Hajime-Saito fic. I really liked your ending with "Even when my job is to follow, you allow me to walk at your side."
Nice (:
Casting Moonlight chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
That was so freaking awwww! I love the dynamic there, it's perfect! Very nice!
Ryzuya chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
omgod..so0 amazing. please write more hijikata x saito 3
Neilina chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Great one shot. I usually don't like the Hijikata x Saito pairing but this one was beautiful and well done. I really like how you portrayed Saito here.

Thank you for posting this !
ChitoseSenri chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
*sniff* Touching... I want more Toshi/Saitou fics from you... PLEASE I love Saitou's thoughts, it's really like him, and I absolutely LOVED the ending. It wasn't cliche, it wasn't expected either, I just loved it. Can't express how i felt at the end, it's sooooooo good
www.L.O.V.E.com chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
All I can say is: YOU CAN WRITE REALLY WELL!

I love this story, it has a great story line! And I envy your writing skills!

Love, Crystal
Meta-chan chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
I love this.

please keep writing.

your stories are fantastic.

I fav you and your stories.

I apologise for my unworthy English.
NotAsBeautiful chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Omgbeautiful piece of work

Write more yaoi Hakuouki fics! Pls ._.
knightinred chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Such a plain, yet heartwarming story. You're good in making sweet scene (look what you had done to Saitou's hair tie!) while keeping them IC. Keep writing :)
Niacy chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
It's PERFECT as usual with you. _

Hop hop hop (it's a french expression) story in my favorites !
Jolinar773 chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful...

You knowm it it wasn't for this, I would never have come across Hakuouki anime... Thanks a lot!
TheaBlackthorn chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
That was beautiful darlin'. You have really captured the warrior's way and a deep affection that makes my heart warm :)
NerdyNel chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
YAYAYAYAY another Hakuouki fic from Rii! "Pursuit" by rii no ame, or "All the Reasons Why Saitou is Luv." Love his deep, deep loyalty and how Hijikata has personally earned that loyalty. Love how he is so careful to try and uphold his captain's pride - that pride, that honor, is such an integral part to their very being as samurai; it's nice to see that other kind of bond being expressed alongside the hint of romance. Also an [unintentional?] echo, perhaps, of Hijikata doing the same for Okita in AMoB? Speaking of Toshi, I believe thanks are owed to the gust of wind that was kind enough to let his hair down - *goes off on bunny trail* I was so devastated (okay, not really) in the anime when he cut his [long, gorgeous] hair, because we hadn't gotten just such a moment in any of the episodes, not counting the shot in the EP...*smacks self for being a shallow, pretty-loving fangirl*

Getting back to Saitou /and the story/, how did you make the simple act of /taking out a hair tie/ so deliciously sensual? Saitou with his hair down *and* blushing...looovvveelly.:D Beautiful last line.

Fav lines not mentioned above:

/You're always fighting battles for us, even without a sword in your hand./ Very true and insightful.

'And Saitou, because he knows that silences and nuances almost always speak more than words...' That's so him!

'And that's the reward for all Saitou's years of quiet service: the briefest of glimpses beneath a stern and dutiful exterior to the heart of a man boyish and stubborn, loyal to a fault and easily frustrated, charming and irritable by turns.' Perfect description of Hijikata.

One last thing, because I am obviously physically incapable of being concise, I don't think this needs to be an M. Most of it reads as a more or less pairing-optional K and the bit near the end is definitely no stronger than T.