Reviews for The Oldies: A Lost Episode
Wolliw chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
This is seriously brilliant. Everyone - *everyone* - is perfectly in character, and there are so many great one-liners, particularly from Sue. Too bad Rachel and Quinn don't end up together, but I loved the realism of that; it could have happened that way on the show had they gone there.

Oh, and great job with the script format as well!
Lils chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
That finchel scene was truly ending in a sour note. But it was overall amazing, so thank you and cogratulations on your writing.
Lils chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I'll use this one to tell you that this was hilarious and I loved Samwise. Awesome.
Lils J. Keald chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I loved this! I don't think it has nearly enough rewievs, so if you don't mind I'm gonna leave a coupple more.
Cassicio chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
This is amazing. I really love the way you wrote it and I can actually really picture this all happening in my head.

I even heard the 'Glee Narrator' voice and saw Santana squint at Brittany in confusion like she did with the 'Gay Sharks' comment.

This was really enjoyable to read... Even if Faberry did angstfully break apart...
Panda Luff chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Wow, this was like a legit episode. You've really got the style down, especially as I read through it. Would love to see more!

(Also - Finsulin, Samwise? So perfect.)
stix04 chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
I'm going to make this easy on us and go through the story as I write the review so I won't ramble (much). Okay, your a/n: as a film student grad, I thought your format was a great mix between acurate and easy to follow. I liked that we were just dropped into the "espidode" with a short recap because that's what glee does, really. All your characters were perfect. Very well done. I enjoyed that it started with celibacy club because of the obvious humor. And although we don't know the backstory for Rachel and Quinn, it was a great introduction to them because, again, this is glee and glee rarely gives you everything. Plus, because we didn't know everything, it added mystery or whatever. I don't know, it made it hot and sweet and I felt like a teenager unsure of where it was all going but excited at the same time, or some other lame simile. I enjoyed the scene changes. although I'm not a huge fan of reading about the other characters, you made them interesting and they were all in character. i liked the random sue and the cuteness of klaine. finn and santana were funny in their plotting ways. you even pulled a ryan murphy with the unhappy ending. Bartie lived and no faberry. but even though i hate finn as the next faberry shipper, i liked rachel and finn's scene at the end. it came off as friendly. and although i'm a sucker for a happy ending, i kind of liked the bittersweetness of faberry. it felt more like the show. You really need to write another episode because it was so much fun to read. but i need more! too good for only one. i'm actually working on a glee-like ff and i know how hard it is to capture the show. you didn't it really well
mytenno chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Accidently pressed "submit" button for my previous review. I guess that was a good call, since I could've gone rambling for years. Sorry about that, by the way.

Anyway, just to wrap that up, I really love your Glee stories. Thanks for sharing.
mytenno chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I loved the ending. Murphy has this thing with ending episodes with auditorium scenes, so I think that it really wraps everything up. I agree with a previous reviewer, in stating that the Quinn/Rachel story line really was bittersweet. While I'm happy I got my Faberry fix, my heart still protests loudly at the quick end to them. The Finchel scene at the end was the salt on the wound for me (since I loudly revolt against that particular pairing). I'm over it now, thankfully, only because the rest of the story was amazing.

The other reviewer, "nix", obviously didn't read the whole way through. I guess with all scripts you have to read for awhile until you really get into the swing of things, since the format is so different than what you normally read. Anyway, the beginning threw me off a bit, since I got the sense of choppiness and awkwardness. It smoothed out in the middle and especially towards the end - very flowing, smooth, and nice use of present tense. It reminds me strongly of Glee's good episodes, back when the show was edgy and didn't particularly care what people expected of them. It's a quirky little show, isn't it? But it all works out.

I get what you're saying about adding Sue into the episode just for the sake of having Sue in the episode. While I love her, especially during her little moments on the show when she's literally throwing sticks at Mercedes, I start to think the writers are trying too hard to get people to keep liking her now. They take what we want too seriously, when really they're only letting mass favour sway judgement into believing that's what we viewers would like, when really that's not it at all. Just because a million people believe something doesn't mean those million people are right.

Anyway, Sue-rant over. I think the multiple story lines with in this episode fic were handled really well, much in Glee style. I always admire a story that can handle their subplots well. A lot of the authors I see on this site seem to think it's fun to introduce story lines, but completely ignore them later on to die an underdeveloped death in the background. At least Ryan Murphy has the decency to somewhat tie up the loose ends before moving on and ignoring it the next season (Quinn was pregnant? Really
romangst chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
that was an awesome read! I was heartbroken that rachel/quinn didn't happen at the end (... I say, there should be another episode *wink wink*
truc chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Thanks for the story! It was very much like an episode of Glee. The faberry-ness was bittersweet but I enjoyed it nevertheless. Maybe you'll do more episodes in the future? :)
nix chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
soory but this was total crap!
Bladed Darkness chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Oh my Glee, this was just so perfect. Gah, so much like an episode of Glee (the good ones). I had the same heart-constricting feeling throughout it, laughed when it was appropriate (or in Sue's case, not), and nearly cried at the end. Gah. Brilliant.