Reviews for Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Zara chapter 57 . 5/31/2014
Hiiiiis
I was just wondering if you knew the names of the stories you asked about in chapter 57

Please reply
I absolutely love ur stories
Zara
Paracosm chapter 63 . 8/25/2013
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Definitely one of the best fics I've read, and I've read a ton. I really loved that the recovery was in-depth instead of skimmed over. Loved how supportive Danny was, Lindsay's characterization, and how their friends were there for them. Also, it is an important message that other types of rape and attempted rape are just as traumatic as the common narrow definition of rape. And the message that L couldn't just recover quickly by having sex with D. Also, the distinction between trusting someone and being ready isn't usually made clearly in fic, so that was really nice.

Once again, I loved it, and now I am off to read more of your fics.
LoveTheBade chapter 63 . 2/28/2013
I absolutely loved this story. You're a great writer.
quinndex chapter 63 . 8/31/2012
Ok, so I have started reading Begin Anew, but since I liked this one better I thought I'd drop a review here. Not that Begin Anew isn't good; I've read the first twenty chapters (so maybe 'started' was the wrong word, but hey) and you kept me reading. And plus the sixty odd chapters here, that's pretty darn good, given my extremely short attention span.
Now I started reading this because I was bored one day. I read the first twenty or so chapters. A few months later, I came back and did the same, because I loved it that much. About a week ago, I decided that, despite above mentioned extremely short attention span, I was going to finish it because it was going to haunt me until I did.
And here, in a word, is what I thought: unbelievable. The writing style, your ideas, even some of the dialogue...apart from a few minor blips with grammar here and there, and the part where my mind 'would that really happen?' (at the sentencing phase bit, when Atwood dies), I was blown away by this fic. I'm reviewing. If you'd ever met me, then that would say something huge. I barely ever speak (but when I start I don't tend to stop) or voice opinions. This fic made me review.
gianne.o8 chapter 63 . 7/16/2012
I read alot of stories here and I can say this is one of the best. You did a really good job in writing the entire story. It was like the first parts of this story could be a season finale, I had that kind of feel. I could totally see this as an episode, really. Like people have probably mentioned, this one and Gassed should totally be sent to the writers/producers of CSI: NY. It felt so real, well minus the parts where it was too much to handle (night stick). I had tears in some parts. I had mixed emotions while reading this. Excellent job author! :D
Georgia chapter 63 . 4/22/2012
I think this the best story on here, I think you should send this and Gassed to the creators of CSI:NY and maybe get them to make an episode out of it. Obviously edit some of the bits about the rape and the nightstick out. Keep Writing!
John Potts chapter 13 . 2/28/2012
PS. One problem I did have with the story is that it seems oddly schizophrenic of the bad guys to be quite so disciplined and yet wreckless at the same time. A gang that goes around torturing and raping their hostages seem unlikely to be the sort to be so careful as to leave no clues behind. If they're ruthless (but careful) I'd have thought they'd just use the hostages to cover their escape and then kill them (and dump the bodies somewhere they wouldn't be found - the East River perhaps). And if they were ruthless but not careful, they'd have been caught by now.

Also, do cops really have cheques they have to cash? In this day and age, wouldn't they just have a credit transfer? I haven't had to actually cash cheques for 20 years, but then again I'm not American.
John Potts chapter 13 . 2/28/2012
While I never doubted Lindsay would survive (unless its an AU fic, she does in series) you sure did put her through the wringer. Danny too - I wasn't sure he didn't murder the suspect (although he shot the wrong man, if so), since I haven't got to the end yet. But I am anxious to see how it all plays out.

Are you sure NY doesn't have the death penalty? I seem to recall a scene between HoCaine and Mac when Horatio wants the suspect because Florida has the death penalty. Mac replies that so does NY, but Horatio replies "but you haven't executed anyone for X years". If it's simply a case of "Have it but don't use it", they might make an exception in these guys case. But even if they don't have that option there's always ways of making it worse in jail - drop the sexual charges for anyone who talks (OK, irrelevant at this point, given they don't need anyone to talk) and they'd go to a less secure facility (or so I believe - all my knowledge comes from watching TV!)
RandomTVFan30 chapter 63 . 8/21/2011
Great to see you wrapped up the story. Not sure how I missed it. Just got tears from reading the end. I loved the story all the way through.
Izzi Creo chapter 63 . 8/14/2011
This has been an excellent read from start to finish and I regret not reviewing sooner but it seemed that once I’d missed the opportunity a couple of times I might as well wait to the end.

Over sixty chapters later and I certainly weren’t disappointed. I know you said that you felt as though you went on a journey with these characters and I think your readers would agree that we went on a journey with them too. This was a well thought out fiction which had a cool sense of confidence which made it flow nicely when reading.

You tackled some of the harder issues which other writers sometimes shy away from or never seem to write quite to the expected standard but from start to finish you had the emotions and feelings down to a T. There was also a nice balance of character emotions and interaction with the Detective work which is needed with a case like this. I liked how you didn't focus solely on the characters and have the case solved within a blink of an eye.

Overall, a really great read.

Personally, I think an epilogue tacked on to the end might be nice just to give the readers a feel of what happened afterwards. I think it ended greatly with Lindsay’s determination as well as the arrival of the much-loved puppy but it might be nice to see that Lindsay was once again trusted with her weapon. Just something to show that she overcame everything Atwood threw at her - although I was glad to see that she could admit that some days she'd have ups and downs but it wasn't going to keep her down.

Maybe I just don’t want this story to ever end, who knows? :)

Hope to read more from you soon and until then i eagerly await your next masterpiece,

Izzi Creo
Angelpie24 chapter 63 . 8/3/2011
Hi there,

I just want to let you know that you have done an amazing job. I haven't completed reading this story yet - I started on Sunday and I haven't been able to stay away.

It's brilliant! I haven't read anythign in several months - new job - lie getting in the way. Finally, got back to FF and your story got me hooked again.

Well done!
bookworm chapter 63 . 8/1/2011
I like how you wrapped things up with this chapter. You have taken us on a fantastic emotional ride with this story. Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to see what you have in store for this family with future stories.
alexindigo chapter 63 . 8/1/2011
Hi Jenn!

Loved, loved, LOVED this chapter and this story. It was a fitting end, full of hope and promise for what's to come for Lindsay as she continues to heal with the help of Danny and Lucy (and Reese's, for which I suddenly have a craving for btw, the peanut butter kind, not the canine kind! :P).

I have read this story from the very beginning, loved every chapter and while I have not reviewed every chapter lately, I have waited on the edge of my seat (literally, sometimes) for the page to load when I see that you have an update. I love the foundation of the Danny and Lindsay's relationship that you have laid in this story and in your others; their unwavering faith and trust in each other, which we rarely get to see in the show, is the backbone of your stories and you so beautifully weave your twists and turns around them.

I am looking forward to Gassed. Thank you so so much for sharing this story with us. You have an incredible talent for which I am thankful that you continue to share with us. Can't wait to read what else you have for this pair! )
TessyMeeniac chapter 63 . 8/1/2011
wow! thank you for this wonderful, heart warming and emotional story. this has to be the most touching story i have ever read -so far...

what a nice ending as well

well done!
afrozenheart412 chapter 63 . 8/1/2011
While I could whine and cry that this story has more to it...you were right in showing us that this was the end. With all of the angst and pain in here you never lost sight of the love and laughter that has helped heal Lindsay through the love her family and friends. Even in bringing together two women who never met and are different as night and day but the same under the skin with the passion for justice, you've earned my respect and love for the halls of the crime lab are never ever shut to anyone who wants to make the place their home. :)

I LOVE how you had Lindsay set Danny straight on how tough it is to do Mac's job, and even Sinclair's. Being a boss means demanding the best and fairness out of everyone, not just your favorites. And being responsible to take those to task when they are in danger of ignoring that. But I do love that Danny is so protective of Lindsay he is even willing to buck Mac's protocols for her. That same lovable hot head is still inside of him. Thank you for that. :)

LOL, and thank you for the light and laughter after a long journey of darkness. Reese's is a PERFECT NAME! My family's favorite treat too, LOL! I think we are all born with the emotional blackmail when it comes to something cute and fuzzy, but I LOVE how Lindsay was questioning where Lucy got it. *coughs*Danny*coughs* Hey, if she doesn't melt when Danny turns his blue eyes on her, then we are martians! But I'm sure that Lindsay has something to do with it since Danny can't resist his brown eyed girl. :D

The end was perfect, Lucy delighted and communicating with Reese's on a frequency that is only available to animals and Danny listening to Lindsay get what was bothering her out. She may have seen what life without her would be like, but thank god that was never in question. Life might have moved on...but Lucy and Danny would have always needed and wanted her back in their lives. And it was AWESOME to hear that Danny has been in contact with Sam. I still remember what you said you were planning for him, I'm glad that it worked this way instead. :)

As for my favorite lines, here they are.

"What brought this on, Sweetheart?"

Lindsay took a shuddering breath trying to organize her thoughts into a logical form that she could make Danny understand. "Earlier this evening I was watching you with Lucy and it hit me that that would have been what your life was like if I had died. Then when I put Lucy to bed it hit me again what I would have lost if I hadn't survived."

Danny instinctively pulled her closer, running his fingers through her hair comfortingly. "Aw, Babe, you can't think like that. You did survive. Luce and I didn't lose you and a million prayers of thanks a day wouldn't be enough to express how glad I am of that."

Lindsay stretched up enough so that she could kiss Danny. "I know; I've been so bogged down mourning what he took from me that I sometimes lose sight of what he could never take no matter how hard he tried. At the end of the day none of those things I lost when he attacked me can destroy my life because I still have the two most important parts of my life that he couldn't even begin to threaten - you and Lucy. Both of you, your love for me and my love for you never faltered through any of this and that love is what is pulling me through to the other side and making me a stronger person. I love you Danny and I love Lucy and I love that the two of you love me back unconditionally."

Tears touched his own eyes as he kissed her once again. "Damn straight we do."

"I never thought I'd say this but I actually feel a little sorry for him. During his stay in prison he lost the same things I lost, maybe even more but he stayed so bogged down in that loss that he didn't see what was right in front of him. Just like I have you and Lucy, he had someone as well. He had a wife and a son who loved him just as much as you and Lucy love me. Instead of clinging to their love with all that was in him, he chose to stay in that dark place of loss and pain. That's why he ultimately lost everything and I'm not going to. That pain and loss won't go away right away but I don't have to stay in that hell hole. I choose the light of the love my family surrounds me in instead and none of that bad stuff can take that away from me. I'm going to be okay."

"Not a doubt in my mind." Danny assured her.

Lindsay smiled and snuggled closer into his embrace. She couldn't change what happened to her. She'd been in the wrong place at the wrong time but that place and time didn't have to continue to hold her prisoner. She wrapped Danny's arms tighter around herself and looked into his eyes. "Here in your arms is always the right place and the right time for me."

Thank you!