Reviews for The Stinging Habits of the Western Honey Bee
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 1/21
"... what were a Weasley and a Malfoy doing together? Forget surviving the Killing Curse, this was all the proof Severus needed that Harry was a miracle worker." **chuckling**

So Harry is a Gryffindor. I've really always thought he should have been sorted into Hufflepuff myself. His strong desire to have friends and his loyalty to those he calls friends would seem to make the 'Puffs a good fit. Also, Pomona is more hands on with her kids, and I think she would have made a better head of house for Harry. Minerva, IMO, is too distant and detached from her kids.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 1/21
Oh, I hope the teasing doesn't cause Snape to withdraw his ... "mentorship" (?) from Harry. Snape is so like a child in some respects, and he has worked hard to cultivate his evil bat persona. He won't want to damage it by appearing too fond of Harry, although he has practically ensured regular visits by getting the snake. **hehe**
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 1/21
Well, Snape certainly gave Harry a far more interesting (IMHO) and educational experience in Diagon Alley than he received from Hagrid. Harry probably learned more, too, because he wasn't overwhelmed by fawning, overzealous well-wishers or looked at like some curiosity.

I thought Snape gave good advice about the Malfoys. It might be nice NOT to be dogged by him and the "bookends" all the time. I was surprised Snape didn't talk about the House system, although he may have done so "off camera."

It will be interesting to see how the Dursleys treat Harry ... and how they handle Snape taking that check. I can't imagine that will go over too well, and Harry will surely get the blame. I wonder who has the Boomslang at this time. Hmmm ...
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 1/21
Given his complete ignorance of the Wizarding world until a few hours ago, Harry has asked surprisingly few questions about things. Then again, Snape seems only mildly less annoyed by questions than the Dursleys, although at least he answers them instead of just giving Harry a smack.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 1/21
Vernon and Pet were slightly less obnoxious than usual, but that might have been due to the time and place of the ... "interview." They're both so obnoxious that I hate poor Harry having to spend even five minutes with them. I always love it when someone casts "payback" spells on them - the kind that force them to experience the same physical and emotional anguish they have inflicted on Harry over the years. I hope Snape eventually casts a few on them. **evil giggle**
Danny for Jesus chapter 7 . 1/10
I loved Reading the Stinging Habits of the Western Honey Bee now i'll read the Sequel A Year in the office of Albus Dumbledore
Martionmanswife chapter 7 . 9/11/2014
this has been very cute. I am looking forward to reading a sequel, and the rest of this story. GREAT job.
The Lost Rogue chapter 7 . 7/21/2014
Ah I loved this! Hehe :') Snapey is just a big softie at heart xD I'm on a Snape high right now :) thoroughly enjoyed the read :D
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 8 . 7/7/2014
This is beautiful and gorgeous and oddly refreshing. There are so many stories out there that have Snape as Harry's first introduction to the Wizarding World (and most of them end up being Severitus or whatnot), and this one does too, but the interaction and dynamic are refreshing because they don't end up losing the original characterizations. Also, it really helps that your writing style is fun to read.
daisy.tya chapter 8 . 5/26/2014
:) thank you
sarahsezlove chapter 7 . 5/10/2014
Loved it. Off to the sequel.
Silverdragonstar chapter 8 . 1/9/2014
Really liked this story. I showed a fine touch on how to treat Servers and Harry's meeting and how things could have been different.
Johanni93 chapter 7 . 9/22/2013
I think it's brilliant that you didn't make Harry choose between Ron and Draco but let him be friends with both of them :D
I'm so going to read the sequel once I'm done with revising for my test. Darn, I shouldn't be reading stories at all right now but your wonderful piece of writing had me so hooked! Why do I have do have this bloody test tomorrow...*grumbles*
Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this amazing fic with us!
Cheers!
Johanni93 chapter 3 . 9/22/2013
Awesome story! Loved how Sev sees the real Harry and not James' carbon copy! And the way Snape dealt with the Dursleys had me cheering, xD.
Lily-Magnolia chapter 7 . 8/16/2013
Lol! Or sweetness, Filius is such a sly one, aren't you! Oh well, it does not matter Gryffindor or Slytherin, as long as the bond built between them is there to stay, and I doubt it will change for a long time. Thank you for sharing this with us!