Reviews for When There Was a Tomorrow
Alfonse08 chapter 13 . 4/20
Ugh, took me forever to get through this chapter but I finally did it. Not bad fight scenes, but I'm really hoping that in some near future chapter you toned down the action a bit, all this action is starting to wear me out.
Alfonse08 chapter 12 . 4/12
Half way in and I still have yet to get bored of your story. You might paint a pretty grim picture for our favorite crew and friends, but you sure know how to keep an audience on its toes.
Alfonse08 chapter 11 . 4/11
Well now things are starting to really pick up, so we finally see who the true antagonists are that have caused all these changes. I also thought John got Cortana at an earlier date than this, but perhaps I am mistaken as I am no expert on Halo lore or timelines.
Alfonse08 chapter 10 . 4/10
Jeez I may not complain about your story length, but do you mind sizing the chapters down a bit more in the future? You make them so long it takes several hours just to get through one of them. Try spreading things out a bit more, it'll also help increase your update time.
Alfonse08 chapter 8 . 4/9
Again good to see you developing the characters a bit more, it's not easy trying to analyze what a character is like unless they happen to be made by you. Also looking forward to the Normandy crew trying out some new toys next chapter.
Alfonse08 chapter 7 . 4/9
Excellent chapter, I feel that you really managed to give the characters more depth than a lot of fics about these series normally do.
Alfonse08 chapter 3 . 4/8
You didn't feel this was long enough? Dude, I have quite a few stories up on my profile, and I know of only a handful that can rival yours in terms of sheer chapter length. Trust me, you have nothing at all to be embarrassed about in terms of length, just one of your chapters is longer than any college assignment I have ever done in the past three years.

However in regards to this story, I feel that you handled things rather well in terms of how the two sides responded to each other, the biggest issue for me in any story like this where two sides from different universes meet up like this is the fact they are too quick to trust each other, or to even take their word at face value. That kind of response is just not realistic.
Alfonse08 chapter 2 . 4/8
Only on chapter 2 and I'm already liking where this fic is going, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for the future.
lightning909 chapter 10 . 4/5
really liked the generation kill reference. good job on the story so far sir. I'm really enjoying it.
TrueMetis chapter 6 . 2/12
I imagine there's a bit more behind the Spartan's acceptance than age. They probably had to fit a specific psych profile as well. I'd actually like to see a Spartan that broke that mold and didn't like Halsey.
greavy chapter 3 . 1/11
I'm sure this has been said and the story's done but I'd just like to point out that if a plamsma projector round went anywhere near the normandy it would be shredded and plasma torps go near light speed
Diablo's Heir chapter 25 . 12/23/2014
well then, this took me weeks to finish. great story, just great. excluding the few grammatical errors it was perfectly written and the characters were expressed accurately and developed in a believable way. gonna be honest though, not much of a shepardXtali fan, still it didn't ruin the story for me. it was actually one of the more interesting aspects especially when you hinted at garrus having feelings for her. canonically speaking if garrus or tali aren't romanced they end up together so i found that tidbit to be pleasing. guessing that Guilty Sparks is the sequel to this and i can't wait to see how you continue the story especially with how large of a cast you have to deal with but I'm sure you'll give everyone their due time.
Diablo's Heir chapter 10 . 12/9/2014
I realized I wanted to mention this a few chapters back but emile wields a kukri knife, not a machete. they are similar but still different weapons.
Diablo's Heir chapter 6 . 12/6/2014
One small tiny error, Jorge calls Halsey "Mom" not "ma'am" since she was the project lead for the Spartan IIs. I'm guessing you played the reach games but if you read his wiki page it's in the trivia section. There are other Spartan IIs that call her that as well. I know the story is complete just wanted to mention that small tidbit
aoj95 chapter 18 . 10/30/2014
Ok so this was about as far as i could get really before i just had to stop. Why do you hate halo so much? I mean really, does everyone in halo seem useless to you? From the ONI spy who folded on a lack luster threat after shouting around the ship who he was. You know these guys are meant to resist interrogation. Not fold and piss themselves under a mean look. Also, why is shepard being a dick? And im not referring to his character arc, at the start Shepard keeps on whining about trust when hes given the UNSC nothing to trust them on other than, he seems honest. Any government, particularly a military one in a losing war, would have jailed him, taken every bit of tech he has, interrogated him and if hes particularly unlucky, disected for his biotics. ONI would have sent in a spec ops team and slaughtered the alien crew in minutes. Also, why the hell is Tali or Kasumi of any help what so ever? Kasumi is a theif with no military training whatsoever yet shes on par with the spartans? Also, how can tali find completely different covenent tech and instantly know how to improve unsc tech "100 fold"? Why do phasic rounds have any effect on covenent shielding when they are designed to work on kinetic barriers? Something completely different in design. How thw fuck is garrus able to choke a spartan who literally weighs several tons? Seriously? Pushing emile to the wall and making him "squeak" out words? Emile would have rippwd his arm off in moments!
Now im not some halo fan boy blind to the truth ok, the fact that in 500 years humanity hasnt improved in weapons tech at all just makes no sense. If you could email me a response it qould be appreciated cause i just wanna know.