Reviews for When There Was a Tomorrow
Umbra.Venator chapter 25 . 6/19
Bloody epic story, so looking forward to Reaper vs Flood battles :)

Keep up the epic work! :)
So Six is nothing but a side character
Alfonse08 chapter 25 . 5/30
This was a pretty fantastic story, it might not have diverged much from canon but I've been assured by you that eventually things will diverge, and when they do I look forward to seeing some great things happening. Until then though I think I'll take a short break reading before your sequel, your stories are so long that reading them always leaves me feeling rather exhausted by the end of it.
Alfonse08 chapter 23 . 5/27
I'm a little pissed that you went and killed off Carter, but at the very least you gave him a pretty good ending by letting him go out the way he wanted to.
Dude man guy chapter 22 . 5/24
ACKERSON YOU BASTARD! YOU SOLD THEM OUT! GREAT CHAPTER BTW.
Alfonse08 chapter 22 . 5/22
Again took me forever to get through this, but I finally made it, and got to see a little bit of Chief too. Getting near the end now, I'm almost there.
Alfonse08 chapter 20 . 5/20
I hope this isn't me being presumptuous, but I hope that at some point in the future Tali helps Cortana achieve the Holy Grail of AI research Metastability. I always thought it was so tragic how Cortana ended up being destroyed in Halo 4, and even if she wasn't she was almost lost to her own Rampancy anyways, so it was something of a no-win situation.
Once again took me forever to get through this chapter, but I finally, FINALLY made it. So most of the Normandy crew is back together again, the Covenant is definitely going to be hurting. Hope to get news about Shepard and Tali soon.
Alfonse08 chapter 18 . 5/18
I can't help but kind of question your argument concerning the Star Child for a few plausible reasons. While I do accept that your argument concerning the Reapers trying to stop a robot holocaust by causing one is rather circular and nonsensical, you have to take into account the fact that the Reapers to begin with were based off of the Cthulu Mythos, based on the alien gods who are beings indifferent to the suffering of other races as they operate on a cold alien logic that is beyond the capacity for ordinary beings such as ourselves to comprehend. So while it might seem dumb and nonsensical to us, to them it makes perfect sense. You also have to consider the fact that the Catalyst didn't act in the way that its makers the Leviathans intended, so you need to consider the fact that there was some kind of error in its logic systems somewhere in its design, even if the Leviathans say that no mistake was made as it still goes about its given task in preserving organic life. Also, while it is not impossible for a synthetic to lie, they simply don't see much of a point in doing so like us organics, so the Catalyst couldn't have been lying.
Alfonse08 chapter 15 . 5/4
Damn it took me forever to get through this chapter, but I finally did it. Hope Legion managed to salvage something from that supercarrier, it would suck to know it was a total waste.
Alfonse08 chapter 13 . 4/20
Ugh, took me forever to get through this chapter but I finally did it. Not bad fight scenes, but I'm really hoping that in some near future chapter you toned down the action a bit, all this action is starting to wear me out.
Alfonse08 chapter 12 . 4/12
Half way in and I still have yet to get bored of your story. You might paint a pretty grim picture for our favorite crew and friends, but you sure know how to keep an audience on its toes.
Alfonse08 chapter 11 . 4/11
Well now things are starting to really pick up, so we finally see who the true antagonists are that have caused all these changes. I also thought John got Cortana at an earlier date than this, but perhaps I am mistaken as I am no expert on Halo lore or timelines.
Alfonse08 chapter 10 . 4/10
Jeez I may not complain about your story length, but do you mind sizing the chapters down a bit more in the future? You make them so long it takes several hours just to get through one of them. Try spreading things out a bit more, it'll also help increase your update time.
Alfonse08 chapter 8 . 4/9
Again good to see you developing the characters a bit more, it's not easy trying to analyze what a character is like unless they happen to be made by you. Also looking forward to the Normandy crew trying out some new toys next chapter.