Reviews for Snapshots Left on the Negative
Kait-WIN3 chapter 1 . 6/10
I have read a lot of fanfiction, in a lot of fandoms. I've read comedies and dramas. One shots and drawn out series. Stories that paint a beautiful picture, and ones that are incomprehensible dribble. Ben and Leslie have been one of my all time favorite couples since the first time I watched them interact on screen, but when I clicked on this story, I must say, I did not expect to find the most beautiful fanfiction I have ever read. But that is exactly what this little masterpiece turned out to be. The way you weave your words through all nine chapters is absolutely breath taking, the level of detail making the reader feel every little thing right along with Leslie and Ben. Based on the summary (and the fact that I didn't check the word count somehow) I expected this to be your everyday, run of the mill, "5 times these people did this" fic that you see so often ("and I mean, Parks and Rec is a COMEDY surely this will just be light, heartfelt, feel good fic!") but wow was this so much more, and WOW was I wrong... I laughed, I cried, I cheered, and I cursed... and I will definitely be suggesting this story to every person who will listen to me, because Snapshots Left on the Negative is without a doubt the most beautiful writing I have ever read.

PS: Snapshots Left on the Negative is the PERFECT title for this story. The way it so simply lays out Ben and Leslie's relationship... it's just so poetic, it hurts.
toavoidconversation chapter 8 . 6/5
Oh ALSO. This is canon in my head because if parks and rec was a drama and not a comedy this is EXACTLY how it should have gone. I'd have cried endlessly (the only reason I stopped crying reading this is because I knew in a few chapters time everything would be ok) but it would also have been perfect.
toavoidconversation chapter 9 . 6/5
I was the last guest reviewer not signed in. This is AMAZING. Honestly the characterisation is so perfect I can actually hear their voices, see heir faces as they say these things. The short sentence paragraphs are amazing and so well done and I literally can't praise this enough. I love all of it. I want to marry it. I can't stop gushing. I love it.
guest chapter 2 . 6/5
OH MY GOD THIS IS TOO MUCH MY HEART CANNOT TAKE IT. I always thought I could handle Benslie angst but good lord this is like my insides being carved out with a spork, and is just reinforcing that these two are MEANT TO BE.
Rosie chapter 9 . 12/6/2016
This is an EXCELLENT story - so well written, and the scenes after her father's death made me cry (tbh, a lot of this story made me cry, but that's your brilliant writing). You've really mastered that short sentence/paragraph form, and how to write angst without it getting ridiculous. Also thank you so much for keeping Ben such a lovely character - even making him kinder - and letting their struggles be the real ones of two good people. Well done!
Afangirl153 chapter 2 . 9/27/2016
that was beautiful and sad at the same time! Wonderful! I was about to freak out and then I read your author note and thank you for that!
Kummerspeck chapter 9 . 7/9/2016
Awwwwww finally finished! It's such a great story, from the first word to the last! Thank you!
Kummerspeck chapter 1 . 7/8/2016
The talk in the stairwell about how beautiful Ben thinks Leslie is is my new favorite romantic romantic line of all time of everything I have ever read. I just linked your story to basically every fanfic reader I know, that's how much I love it.
Blinked310 chapter 9 . 2/28/2016
So, I realize this story is old - honestly, I'd be sort of surprised if you ever read this review. I'm going to write it anyway, though, because this story was . . . Incredible.
I love your writing style, which is easy to read yet incredibly descriptive, with a lot of fun tangents snuck in that captures the tone of the show and what I imagine Leslie's thought process to be.
I love the plot, which is believable and heart-wrenching and a genuine pleasure to read. The characters from the show keep their personalities (despite the very different paths you led them on than that which the show ended up taking), and, amazingly, the few characters you added feel surprisingly rounded-out and have an actual role to play, as opposed to the one-dimensional characters they usually turn out to be. (I'm mostly talking about Paul and Diane, here - both funny, appropriately overbearing, and believably important in Ben's life.)
As I was reading this story, every chapter there was something that I'd go "I should mention how much I loved this thing in my review at the end," so I envisioned this being really long, but I suppose I've said what this story really boils down to for me already. Each chapter DOES have something, or lots of things, that I could point out, but what I really want to do is just let you know how much I appreciate this story. It's funny, heartwarming, and long enough to really sink your teeth into without becoming a major commitment to finish.
Thank you for the incredible read - I'll definitely be coming back.
Syd chapter 9 . 1/8/2016
This story was so amazing that I had to leave a review even though you likely don't write fanfic anymore (which is totally okay because, life moves forward). This is probably what I would imagine parks and rec to be if it had been a drama instead of a comedy. Like, this is how Leslie Knope's personality quirks would have manifested (I don't know about the problems with commitment part, though, because I don't see that in her but we definitely saw the struggle between work and personal). In any case, that wasn't what I wanted to say. What I really wanted to say was how well crafted and well written this story was regardless of the parks and rec aspect (or maybe in spite of? I don't know). The emotions you described and situations you portrayed were so true to life, it's as if you took intangible experiences and strung them into a coherent melody and then took that and transcribed it into notes and words. I actually cried during that whole episode with Leslie dealing with the loss of a parent. It's something that I've gone through recently and what you wrote described the process and emotions and situation perfectly. The relationship aspects between Ben and Leslie were also so real and imaginable that I was nodding and feeling amazed that these feelings that we feel truly are universal.
In any case, I hope you're still out there being awesome and thank you for such a wonderful piece of work.
pnaixrose chapter 9 . 9/23/2015
This has got to be my favorite Parks and Recreation fanfic ever- or possibly my favorite fanfic in general ever. It's so beautifully written and I was hooked onto each emotion that you had pouring out from every single line of this. I haven't read such a good piece of prose in a long time and I sincerely thank you for allowing my love for Parks and Recreation and Benslie grow even more. Simply amazing.
Greenstuff chapter 9 . 9/2/2015
*huge contented sigh*. This entire fic was completely perfect from start to finish.
Hunter chapter 7 . 9/2/2015
You do know that Leslies Dad died when he was 10 right?
Greenstuff chapter 3 . 9/2/2015
This story is gut wrenching perfection. It's okay if I blame you for the fact I'm getting no work done today, right?
Hpdwlotr24 chapter 9 . 8/18/2015
Ok, well this was amazing. I absolutely loved it! So much tension! You write them so well! Awesome story!