Reviews for Bringing Out the Blue
Marsh chapter 25 . 4/30
I've binged this for the past few days. I really enjoyed this fic, especially how you portrayed the characters. It was fun to read about things we didn't see in the show, such as Zuko sneaking on Zhao's ship. The conversation between Toph and Zuko was also very amusing. It's been about 6 years since this was updated, and I'm holding off reading the last chapter. I guess I don't want to finish reading it yet. I don't know if you're going to finish this, but thank you for this story. I hope you're doing well.
sushigal007 chapter 26 . 3/23
I know it's a long shot subscribing to a fic that hasn't been updated in more than five years, but hey, there's a renaissance on, no harm in hoping! But even if this fic is abandoned, I just wanted to let you know I found it on a fic rec list and binged the whole lot in three days flat and thoroughly enjoyed it, so thank you!
Wonderful, wonderful story! There aren’t enough good stories about Zuko being the Blue Spirit. I hope you come back and finish this! :)
Toris Lietvu Laurinatis chapter 16 . 2/6
Okay but I spent a good five ten minutes convinced they where going to jump to the conclusion with Tophs knowledge that he was Lu Ten who had survived an attempted assassination by someone firenation sent by Ozka and had been hiding in the Earth nation ever since lol.
Again, this fic is the best representation of ADHD I've seen in a LONG time. The trouble with thinking, with thoughts getting tangled up? Especially with two entirely separate lines of though getting confused into one mass? How helpful it is to write things down? How much easier it is to think things through when you can slow down and work it out? How new concepts are difficult to deal with on the spot? How if you don't pin down a thought, then it morphs and slips through your fingers and you forget what it was?
This fic is excellent.
Bubbles chapter 24 . 1/30
It's horrifying that the guy genuinely thought he was helping by calling over the Dai Li- trying to get Jet treated as a person, not thrown in jail, and make sure his record stayed clean and he could settle into the city- and instead he delivered him into what was possibly the worst fate Jet could meet at that moment. Reading his dialog sent a genuine chill over my skin; harmless and helpful, in one context, standing up for someone with no one... but if you have the full context, it reads very differently.
howmanyisthat chapter 26 . 1/29
was great
sorry if Im rude chapter 26 . 1/3
so I heard about your health, and today (right now) I saw this thing, planrevitalizante treatment plan thing, in Argentina (not travelling, don't worry), this Dr Adrian Jaime was talking about regenerative non-prescription, online only purchase, supposedly not expensive, without (can't think of the word, the bad symptoms that happen when you take two meds, those don't happen, he says), pill (pastilla? but not synthetic?) for tiredness, pain, chronic and cancerous, as well as degenerative, illness and about worldwide studies in this. thought I would just mention it and look like a jerk for thinking I know anything or you, you know, might find it useful, if at all I hope it helps or if not, I'm sorry for overstepping. I'm worried. hope youreok
Guest chapter 26 . 12/22/2020
I'm sad this is over but it was a good run! Amazing story you should be proud of yourself. I hope everything is well with you
Pitch'snieceanddaughterofMew chapter 26 . 12/20/2020
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH THIS IS GONNA BE SOOO GOOD! I CANT WAIT I LOVE THY WORK AND BID THEE WELL!
Bubbles chapter 21 . 11/22/2020
On one hand, I feel bad that Zuko's struggling with executive dysfunction. On the other hand, I am absolutely THRILLED to see a character with executive dysfunction in anything that I read, so thank you for that!
Farbeyondthegrave chapter 26 . 11/22/2020
terrific story! I hope you are well
Guest chapter 23 . 11/12/2020
Huh, is Zuko's body temperature always cooler and less noticeable when he's wearing the mask because the Blue Spirit is pulling energy from him? Or doing something to disguise him?
avaya29 chapter 26 . 10/15/2020
I absolutely love this story! The deviation from and confluence with canon, so well interwoven (down to details like the pot of yellow flowers). Jee’s own little rebellion and its intersection with Suki’s story. The relationship between Mai and Zuko, so well done! Iroh’s characterisation is brilliant and Zuko very complex and believable. Ozai is a clever manipulative evil little bitch and the way he’s managed Zuko makes Zuko’s belief that he can earn his father’s love really believable. Toph is fantastic, and I loved the bit about learning to sign her name and the reason she needed to.

You’ve put in a lot of worldbuilding too, details like how Katara and Sokka were schooled, which makes the story much richer. I The whole ‘real Blue Spirit’ is fascinating. I hope Zuko remembers to tell his uncle that bit about the dragon spirits!
Guest chapter 26 . 10/14/2020
Fantastic writing and amazing story! You're so good at getting into each character's head and portraying them logically and realistically! I love seeing the changes that occur due to Zuko helping the Gaang, and I love how Zuko is changing his ideas about the world in a way that is believable. The way you write makes the story feel real. I feel Mai's and Ty Lee's trepidation and respect for Azula; I feel Zuko's growing respect for the Avatar; I feel Iroh's love for his nephew and his sorrow for his son. I hope this story has not been abandoned, because I really want to see what happens next. Everything seems to be slowly coming together, with all the important characters together in Ba Sing Se, and the White Lotus making plans for the same thing as Aang. I also love the budding friendship between Toph and Zuko, and their subtle jabs at each other when they're with everyone else, and I want to see that keep progressing.
1,298 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »