Reviews for Shadow of Tears
geauxtigersgirl chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
This is a sad, but sweet story through the eyes of unique clone. I enjoy how you pen Rex in your stories. A clone, but with an independent streak who is both tender and loving. Thank you for sharing your talents with us!
Jedi-Dreamer101 chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Excellent job! Such a short scene, yet you maneged to capture such detail and emotion. I thought you also did a great job with Rex's charactor. I loved the last line. Very well written.

Jedi-Dreamer101
Twi224 chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Awesome! Loved it! :)
GraceForever chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Ohmigosh, that was beautiful! I always think about what Rex thinks about! Good job!
Jade-Max chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Fantastic!

Very, very well done; an excellent look at how Rex might have viewed the situation and Ahsoka at the time. I think you got his character 'voice' just right, along with the despair that would have been eating with them.

His resentment towards Jar Jar as the only being who was not affected was perfect too and, I think with the comment about not training him at the end of the episode, perfectly understandable.
Wingstrike chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
that's so sad
Nisha A. Hailm chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
If I wasn't in stage makeup I would have cried.

It had such a sweet sad feel to it.

Thanks for posting. :)
Slade1987 chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
So having read the second of your clone pieces I've gotta say you do a good job of capturing the...how to put this nicely...oh to hell with it.

You do a fine job capturing just how buggered beyond all belief their existence is. In the movies we're shown what are effectively machines. Willing to kill their own leaders without so much as batting an eyelash.

However in the expanded universe (the various Clone Wars iterations) we are exposed to much more personable characters and discover they aren't the automatons that they're cast as in the films.

Your style and treatment of them is quite good in that you get us inside their heads and really let us feel what they feel and think.
Commenter chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
MOATM is one of The SADDEST CW episodes EVER!:(
Taraum chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Wow...this was really, really good. I loved the use of first-person here, especially since its so believable. I think you brought out the emotion of the whole situation extremely well.
Lefty Blondy chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Nice, I love reading stories about that episode, and that one was a really good one, really touching
shakespeareaddict chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Not very happy, indeed, but touching and truthful.
Takianna chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Great job. I think sometimes people have trouble capturing the voice of a clone. You did an amazing job. Keep up the great work.
Queen chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Nicely done! It's good to see Rex's perspective on this particular scene. Seeing the respect they have built for each other is always warming. Rex being aware that his face was the last thing Ahsoka would see was lovely...though fortunately it doesn't come to that.

The R&J quote at the beginning was a nice touch, too. ;)
laloga chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Agreed. This is definitely one of the most heart-wrenching moments in TCW and - once more - you do a lovely job capturing Rex's POV.

"Too brave to die lying in the arms of her broken Captain." I love this line...it just resonates with me for some reason!

It's also incredibly touching to see Ahsoka give her all to the clones, and Padme as well.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!