Reviews for Chasing An Empty Dream
Dear Romano-without-people-skills,
realizing you have a problem is the first step towards solving it. I'm glad you've gotten this far, now consider getting professional help (or a cute Spanish boyfriend who fixes it whenever you piss people off.)
Aaaaaand, the award for "worst date in the history of the universe" goes tooooo... GERMANY AND ITALY! *loud clapping* get up here and accept your price!
*DIE Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Yup, female pronoun. German language is weird.
Oooh, is Herr Stick Italy's broom? Please say yes, FavCharacterEver!
Learning insults with Prussia!
In German, "Hurensohn" is actually way more insulting than "son of a bitch" is in the English language. Though, I suppose, if you don't gravely insult people in a bloody battle for life and death, when DO you insult them?
*sobbing into a handkerchief after that last scene*
Ah, do I have permission to be an annoying busybody about language now? Yay!
So, um, the German in this is actually pretty great, and I'm aware only native speakers would notice, but there's a lot that should be capitalised. In German, every noun has a capital letter, and while it was correct in a few places ("Halt den Mund!"), it wasn't everywhere.
Sorry, just me being an annoying Besserwisser!
Story's great, love it!
Woooo! Get some, Prussia! And you too, um... who're you again? (Do I detect PruCan subplot here? (-; )
This story just keeps better... through the addition of MAAAAGIC!
Ah, somebody did their research on Germany! Very awesome of you! (Kesesese!)
Oh, and everybody is soooo IC, I'm impressed. Spain, do the world a favour and remove every metal object from Romano's vicinity until all the drama clears up in a later chapter, m'kay?
No, Prussia.
Your little brother hurting himself by punching a mirror is NOT awesome. Aside from the actual injury, the bodily attack on one's mirror image implies underlying pathological self-hatred and all kinds of issues, very not-awesome things.
Please repeat after me: "My brother is not feeling awesome. I have to go get a psychologist appointment for my brother."
My compliments for very IC Prussia though!
Yay, German phrases that actually sound like things German people would say! (You wouldn't believe how rare that is in this fandom...)
On one hand I would doubt that America would really use the polite "Sie" instead of the casual "Du" with Germany, on the other hand he probably has little to no idea what he said anyway, so... it fits, I guess?
I really love this story, maybe because I get weak in the kneesies at every mention of the HRE/Chibitalia pairing anyway. Still, this story is more or less exactly what I came to this fandom looking for, so thanks! (Despite this being the angst-y chapter!)
Ve!
Seshat-Ra chapter 17 . 10/13/2016
Generally, I do not like romance stories.
But I do love that you had Germany create a stable paradox. His actions would ensure that he would live to save himself.
... that really awesome.
I also love how Germany had reacted.
...And the foreshadowing.
While there are certain things that I do not like, the good parts more them make up for that.
Good job -Ra.
Acvodadkawaii chapter 17 . 10/2/2016
I. LOVE. THIS. STORY. SO. MUCH. OH. MY. FXCKING. GOD. THIS. IS. BEAUTIFUL. I'M. DEAD.
Saubree chapter 17 . 8/4/2016
Oh. I love you so much. Thanks thanks! This was beautiful! I totally loved this x3 and you are awesome with the lenguajes!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/24/2016
Oh my fuck that was beautiful I lost ten pounds in tears
vivientan chapter 17 . 6/9/2016