Reviews for Juxtaposition
noagnes chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
A very good missing scene story! I recently watched the episode the first time, actually, after having read this and I think it fits wonderfully with it. I am glad Joaquin knows the truth so he knows how he had misjudged Diego. Thank you!
BettiAnn chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
A very satisfying vignette. You portrayed all of the characters very well. I'm glad Diego got to tell someone!
Mai chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Robin!

Oh my gosh! I haven't seen or heard anything from you in ages! Never seen Zorro, but I've always enjoyed your writing. I'm around as Maisfeeka on , though I haven't been writing in a while. Maybe this summer? *hopes*

If you have a blog or journal, do let me know!

Mai
LaDamita chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
Really enjoyed this concept. At first I didn't remember the episode but your details and dialoge brought it back. I liked the little twist at the end.
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
This was a very good look into what was running through Diego’s head during this episode. There were some very astute observations. I particularly like this part:

“He was forced to look down. He had grown use to looking away from people as he spoke to them. The eyes always betrayed people. If a person could look another in the eye, secrets were nearly impossible to hide between them.”

So very, very true. :-) The parallels drawn between Diego and Joaquin were insightful, along with the caballero’s respect and admiration for Theresa (love her fiery nature!). You also depicted the bond between the don and the manservant incredibly well.

There are a few areas I didn’t necessarily agree with, but it was still a very enjoyable read. For what it’s worth, in my view of the series, Zorro would never reveal his identity to Joaquin, even if he was confident his secret was safe and that the matter would never again be discussed.

Diego’s doubts about being Zorro and wanting to lead a normal life also differ from how I perceive the character (IMO, he is finally free to be who he is as the fox, without the constraints of Spanish custom).

Ah, but that’s what fanfiction is for – exploring different ideas and thoughts. :-) I very much enjoyed this and hope you will write more for Disney’s Zorro. There aren’t nearly enough stories for my favorite version of Zorro! :-)
Therrae chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Satisfying. Which is what you want from missing scenes and extensions. You capture the attitudes and mood of the Disney Zorro without being limited to the assumptions and moods of 50s television. This is a delicate balance.