Reviews for Harry Potter and the Eyes of the Serpent
Wandering Immortal chapter 32 . 6/30
Excellent story so far. Looking forward to reading more.
more then ok I never like that asshole
Hmm, interesting fiction name.

Hermiones asking what happened and claiming to have heard everything contradict each other in a way. But I am glad they are togther.

You named your fiction after the Serpent eyes plot, and now you tell us that they don't come with powers and are just a minor plot? Disappointing. I don't care about overpowered, Harry got his eyes from basilisk venom and phoenix tears, they should have special powers... like petrifing, healing, maybe poisoning. Just as decorations is unacceptable.
P.S. okay, he don't need glasses anymore, that is a plus. But at the same time he has to hide them with contacts, that is a con.
Kin-Ryu Chikara chapter 32 . 6/22
You said spells have three areas, seven aspects and thirteen attributes. I liked the areas, they make a certain sense as to what spells target, a transfiguration spell would target the Body etc. But you haven't said anything about the aspects or attributes and I find myself curious as to what they are and how they work.
Reader chapter 2 . 6/9
Wow, Ron bashing at its finest! Funny how pretty much every other Weasley, aside from Molly, tends to treat Ron so badly in fanfiction. Well, aside from love potion doping and being an all around git, as the British would say, the Weasley clan is composed of okay people. (I got nothing against Ginny, other than her not deserving Harry)

Don't worry about other people calling you out on stuff. From what I have read, the education of wizards is pretty shitty and doesn't try to push them, instead putting them on an 'idiot track.' Hell, if I remember correctly, McGonnagal said that it would take her class SEVEN YEARS to learn all FOUR SPELLS for Transfiguration. That's like Super Applied Magic or something like that, and pretty much every other class was the same. (I think it wasn't until fifth year that more than one spell of each class was learned per year)

They also don't realize that this is FANFICTION, meaning you can, and WILL, take liberties. You could have made it so that Ron's crotch beating forced him to undergo gender reassignment surgery if you wanted. Anything is possible for a fanfiction writer, they just got to make it believable. As for Ron's outburst and the use of those words, if my best friend just beat the living shit out of me for insulting his girlfriend, I would probably have used some really badly chosen words at age twelve too. (And with Malfoy around, the word 'whore' was probably learned from that gross toilet called his mouth)
That idea about Harry becoming Lord Potter is clich├ęd retardation.
shadowkat87 chapter 32 . 5/29
Please continue this story I really like it hope to read more.
Faery66 chapter 32 . 5/16
Hope to ead more soon.
D
Are you trying to redeem Dumbledore, or is he just trying for damage control?
If we take the later information from canon into account, Dumbledore either was aware of Harry's childhood, or he was willfully ignorant. Mrs Figg was placed to watch Harry. She at least knew that the Dursleys wouldn't let Harry visit her if they suspected he would enjoy it. That should be a very clear indication about their attitude. Dumbledore admitted he knew he condemned Harry to ten dark years before he placed Harry there, not learned later.
The best explanation is that his plan was form the beginning to make Harry's life so bad that he would be willing to die later.
When Wormtail cuts him, Harry must say, "I willingly give my blood."
This seems quits obvious. With the emphasis on unknowingly, willing and unwilling, there must be some significance to that. So whether the effect is small or large, it seems to be one easy way for Harry to somehow bring the ritual off track.
Please! Please update! Love this story! I want more of it!
writeratheart007 chapter 32 . 5/4
I hope that you're able to post again soon, this is a FANTaSTIC story. The only critique I would make and it's a small one (I'm a details person so this may only be me) when you're gone a long while and post again make sure to reread or skim your chapters so you don't repeat yourself. You've done it a couple of times. You explained the first away with Harry on his meds (brilliant by the way). Otherwise, the story itself is friggin fantastic and I can't wait for more.
phoebuscat chapter 32 . 4/25
Gary Stu, all the way. All these powers, and Harry is above the law? He can't be judge, jury and executioner all in one all the time.
But I still wish you would finally finish this, I had fun! And Ron got what he deserved... yeah!
I wish you got Malfoy at the same time
Its nice to read of confirmation that im not the only one who has a loathing for all things Ron.
1,832 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »