Reviews for The Guardian
Aberham102 chapter 2 . 11/3/2011
I have a few things to say about this. This story seems a bit fueled by ego, and I have a few major telling issues with this.

1. Your character Ethan seems to be based off a napoleonic view of yourself. You write him as if he is the galaxy's answer to every crime or problem, and in the Mass Effect universe, there was a very important reason that Shepard was chosen for that. Shepard was the best humanity had to offer. To try and supplant that role with 'Ethan' is rather insulting to say the least. Go and wikipedia 'Jamie Sue' trope and you will find my reasoning. I don't have to state them here.

2. Why are you using a sword in the Mass Effect universe? The only people who use blades are the Drell, which is only referenced from the codex and never shown. Even with a Mass Effect generator, a sword would be no better than the butt of a rifle. Kinetic Barriers stop most of the impact of a blade, and putting any kind of mass effect generation or other such technology into such a blade would only make the kinetic barriers more useful against it. I have a lot of issues with this. in a high tech system, the sword is no longer an acceptable weapon.

3. Biotics are not artificially generated in a person. Plus, making your character the same strength biotically as Jack or Samara is a total insult to the people that made Mass Effect. Your character also doesn't use biotics the way that it is described in the codex. Take a look at them, the wiki is rather self explanatory.

So, these are the main issues I have with your fanfiction. Hopefully you can address them.
OrderlyAnarchist chapter 9 . 10/19/2011
Well damn. Still, I look forward to your next update, be it a month away or a year.
OrderlyAnarchist chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Amazing first chapter. Fantastic and unique introduction for an O.C. You've got yourself a new reader.
Stilphyell chapter 8 . 9/25/2011
Nice chapter, I found it interesting that Ethan started pursuing a relationship.

I want to know what Mordin finds interesting :D
Writter of Stories chapter 6 . 8/3/2011
Love this story might be going on my favorites list. please keep writing.
Guest chapter 6 . 8/3/2011
I like it keep writing
Stilphyell chapter 5 . 7/1/2011
Nice chapter, I was hoping to see more fighting from Ethan and I got it :D
Stilphyell chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
I like this chapter, you make him be Aria's personal badass.

I also recommend that you change the fic description a bit, telling that he is an OC going with shepard and that will likely atract a little more attention to your fic.
Stilphyell chapter 3 . 5/23/2011
Poor ol' jellyfish, great chapter, I like what you are doing with the character, I'm curious as to how he will enter shepard's squad... Tali? Eden Prime? Fist?

Keep doing it, its a very nice story
Stilphyell chapter 2 . 5/9/2011
Very nice history, I really like it, I'm wondering... this training he had recieved, it is perhaps a similar training that the drell assasins recieve?