Reviews for Death of Fairy Tales
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Type balls were a huge advance over keys that always jammed right when you needed to go fast!

But I can't say I blame her. Fairy stories were only for her sister, not for her.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Awww! Poor Petunia. They drifted further and further apart...and then she never could say sorry until it was too late...
VandyFNP chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Poor Petunia. She was jealous. Too bad Vernon had to come along and make her...whatever you want to call it.
ms Marauder chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" that's fun to write. "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" hehe. "The quick brown fox jumps over yhe lazy dog" one more time. "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

P.S. Great story :P
Akai Shuuichi chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Someday I'll review this one again, after I dig out that 30 year-old iReaders Digest/i magazine with an article that tells me there is actually a sentence that consists only of b26/b letters, thought you'd like to know about it, though iA quick fox jumps over the lazy brown dog/i is succinct enough for typists to use.

This is a very interesting perspective! It does enplain how the Evans sisters get estranged.

Right now though, I'm just glad that the words Petunia is typing isn't iAll Work and no play makes Jack a dull boy/i, if you know what I'm hinting at?
Moonlight chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
What can I say?

just that was and still is bitter
MollyCoddles chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Ah, the magic of childhood. Too bad we all have to grow up and get typewriters. *sigh*
siriuslycrazy4snuffles chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
I'm no fan of Petunia, but my heart just broke for her. Although there is no excuse in the world for her reprehensible treatment of her only nephew, one could understand her complete disdain for anything associated with the magical world. It was a bit of a double whammy - the same world that wouldn't allow her entry also took her sister. Beautiful job!
Carnivalgirl chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
(Sorry I'm not logged in) I really liked this. So often Petunia's painted so badly, so I really liked that she's the indulging kind of sister rather than the bullying kind. I also think it's a good take on the wizard world - it must have just seemed so unfair that magic turned out to be real after so much worthy effort to create it! I wish this was longer for my enjoyment, but its message is clear. :)
tambrathegreat chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I think this was the best piece you've ever written. I really loved it. It was just perfect. Thanks for sharing.
NaginiFay chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I like this. It's rare to see something from Petunia's POV.
cinroc chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
That was so sad. I am really glad you wrote that. I always felt bad for Petunia and i a mglad to see I was not alone.
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Aw... no wonder she was disinclined to like anything to do with the Magical world or "that awful boy". It all took her sister away from her.

I wouldn't have minded a little more development over why she wanted the typewriter, but on the other hand I can imagine practical Tuney wanting to learn and get good at something for her future.

I love IBM Selectrics. Their pica type is just a little different from normal typewriters. More clean and elegant, somehow.
alix33 chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I think I understand a very tiny bit, now, about why Petunia called witches and wizards freaks for all those years: It was that vile and icky Severus Snape who sparked that idea in her, initially.

Typing vs. Hogwarts - Tough call, though I think Hogwarts will stil win. Though, if I ever got hold of the resurrection stone, I would take typing as a high school subject and thus have a fairly marketable skill from the moment I graduated 12th grade instead of only after finishing college, years later.