Reviews for We Need Lies To Make It Through The Day
StrangeAttractors chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Wow, this was such a great one-shot. I love the comparisons you made between Ali, Maya and Paige. They were so distinct and true to character. I really think this story touches on the potential unseen/unheard doubts and fears Emily could've had while going from one roller-coaster relationship to another. Paige and Emily have such an undeniable chemistry it's impossible to overlook it.
theninemuses7 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Gorgeous. Beautiful emotions, heartbreaking sentences.
carola76 chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Oh man. This was soo good. I love the way you write. Please write more Paige and Emily fic.
urbexflame chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
I never review because I read fics in my lunch break and don't have time; however, I was compelled to send you my comments for two reasons:

1. The fic is brilliantly written and so much PLL fanfic is poorly composed.

2. You received some unwarranted negative reviews that frankly astounded me with their ignorance and unreasonable criticism.

If readers do not like the character of Paige they shouldn't read a Paige story - end of. If readers do not like experimental fiction writing in which the author decides to play with other emotions and characterisations I suggest the reader rereads the same fic over and over again so they don't have to deal with alternative perspectives and interesting analysis. Pick a Maya/Emily fic and read it on a loop. It's unreasonable and grossly unfair to complain to this author about Paige and about her perception of Emily. Furthermore, insults are not criticisms; saying 'sucks' is pathetic. If you don't like it leave something constructive and move on.

Theaugustrain - your writing was powerful, interesting and unique. I appreciated the new perspective on Emily and really loved how you juxtaposed her feeling about Ali to her feelings about everyone else. The PLL fandom will only benefit from more stories from you.

*strolls away*
crazy-dreamer13 chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
wow, now I'm officially your fan. I loved this story, and then I found out you are also writing "Your Hand in Mine". Both are awesome.
disconnectedsoul chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
love this! it's the way I think of all of emily's relationships in my head.
IxHeartxGlee chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Thanks for sharing!
Poodlesrock chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I just read some of the other reviews and feel that folks were a bit biased...As far as Emily coming off as Ali that may be the thing that brought them together...Also, Emily comes off as a saint and in real life, that would be so much pressure and it makes sense that she will snap one day...I'm going to read your follow-up story next! Can't wait.
Poodlesrock chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
Interesting perspective and very well written. Please write more. I think you are on to something because on the show, Emily's non-verbals convey a kind of longing for Paige and that comes through in this story. It seems there is a part of Emily that will have to face what all of us do, which is to follow our own path and turn away from what other people think about personal choices and pursuit of happiness. I look forward to reading more from you. Good job!
MisterSir62 chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Daaaammn! That was really fucking good!

I totally agree with Skylocke saying how Emily didn't come off as a bad person but as a real one in this.

Fuck yeah! I loved it :) Great job!
Tanuki Ra chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
I liked it. Most stories have Emily coming off as a saint *laugh*. I like that she's a little more screwed up and insecure (read: realistic).
Ribena chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Yes Emily is acting somewhat like Alison in the story but she acted a little like Alison in the show in the way that she treated Paige so the story is very much in-character.

Emily has been hurt by Alison and she is a little reluctant to open herself up to getting hurt again, I can see her pushing Paige away especially given how unsure about them Paige can be at times. Emilys got to worry if she is serious, her behaviour in this story totally makes sense.

I hope you write a follow up to this.
Mallory chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Ehhh, Im on the fence...I like Emily but Paige...not so much. But it was okay.
ElIzabeth-81 chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
I see you already had written one and I didn't realise!

I really enjoyed reading that, you have such a simple clean style, like you can convey so much so easily and sometimes you only need a few words to get to something complex. I would absolutely love to read a longer story from you. I thought it was a really realistic depiction of what must be going through Emily's head.
Sandie chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Wrong on so many levels...Emily came off just like Ali.