Reviews for Fate Ingens Cor
Mastermind4892 chapter 7 . 3/19
Sorry I haven't been able to make my usual scheduled timing to read and review your story! Mid-terms got in the way! But I'm here now!

Harry, you most certainly do deserve to be named a Prefect. The title and responsibility it carries is one you would carry with pride and devotion, a fine representative of ideals. Do not take it as an insult, for it is no slight against you from Dumbledore. And Saber, I thank you for putting it so clear and distinctively that the Boy Who Lived certainly has earned the right to carry the badge. You understand that your Master is a virtuous and valiant young man. Even when he was still a minor, he faced and overcame trials that most men wouldn't dare face. Your loyalty to him is more than just in respect for the contract, for you see that Harry is not like 'most men'. Even at the age of eleven, he alone showed as much courage against the impossible as your fellow knights did, a hero in the making. He never allowed anyone else to tell him what kind of person he was and thus always stood true to what he believed in. These are the qualities of a man who is incorruptible and unwavering, and would more than deserve to carry that badge.

Oh no, I completely forgot that a number of Servants would have to be on the Hogwarts Express! When Hagrid once said to Harry that the journey to the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, I don't think that this is what he had in mind! I was almost certain that a battle between Servants (and FIVE of them no less) would have hurled the train clean off the tracks!

If Assassin is here, I'm more than willing to bet that Lucius has given her to his son, Draco, especially since that the Servant of Stealth would stand out the least at the school. I feel sorry for both of them. Draco will no doubt be in deep water with her exceedingly low opinion of him after their previous encounters, while Assassin has to chafe under the moronic and foolish prideful decisions of her new master. Draco has caused us even more trouble than Shinji was capable of! Not to mention that he can actually use magic...

WELL! I never knew what to think of Caster, but Bertilak de Housdesert? I must confess that while I am familiar with him, I never would have guessed that he could become a Heroic Spirit, let alone be summoned into this war. And a MARBLE PHANTASM? I have severely underestimated Bertilak, I never thought it would be possible for a mortal to ever achieve the use of one! Even Gilgamesh would have a little trouble against a Marble Phantasm

Caster's identity and his power has finally been unveiled! Almost every Servant has shown a portion of their prowess so far, and now the King of Knights has shown her own hand to the Servants that will be at the magical school. And Lancelot will no doubt hear that his one and only king is now present and has engaged in this war. I hope both of them are ready. Until then, both must ready themselves. As Saber, never forget that combat with the sword is the purest form of expression... and the King of Britain has a lot to say.

This Holy Grail War just got a lot more complicated... and yet has become just that much more invigorating!
Mastermind4892 chapter 6 . 3/4
Ohhhh... Best. Chapter. Yet! I haven't felt this overjoyed since I first started reading this marvelous story only weeks ago! And now the potential of this story has just become ten times greater!

What an incredibly delightful surprise! The victors of the last battle of Heroic Spirits, the Tohsaka heiress and the warrior and son Emiya, have come forth and will take part in this new Holy Grail War! But greatest of all, Merlin's foretellings have now truly come to pass at long last. As he prophesied, the Once and Future King walks the Earth again and has now returned to Britain when it would need her again more than ever. So it was written and now it is done!

Let all us raise our voice as we rejoice the noble return of the King of Britain! Indomitable in mind with her faith and virtue as her shield as her mere presence blinds the shadows of evil and sends them fleeing in fear from her righteousness. A true angel that became the greatest of all kings who ever lived... and now she will return to protect her land once more! Sir Lancelot of the Lake, I'm afraid that you will meet your king once again. It will be both a blessing and a curse that you do not remember the events of the Fourth Grail War. But even so, this much can be said with certainty: You are no longer in the grip of madness, and thus you truly do have a chance to find redemption. Your King may have graciously forgiven you before, but at least this time you have a chance to PROVE your redemption as a knight both to her and to yourself. You will fight by your king's side again.

After all, her sword always shines brilliantly, a dream that all brave and courageous heroes scattered in battle, past, present and future, hold and mournfully exalt as their final destiny approaches. She carries their will as her pride, bidding them to remain steadfast as she holds aloft their last wish to assure that their loyalty will not be in vain.

But above all, King Arturia Pendragon returns to Britain as a new person. As true and noble king that she was, she is now better for it. Her heart is no longer locked in steel, but now open to understand those around her. All that time, never knowing how much she had missed. All those years, chasing down a daydream and living in a blur, never able to fully understand. Now she's here once again, shining in the starlight. Now she's here, suddenly she sees and it's all so clear. It's as if the fog has lifted and the sky is new. All is warm and real and bright, and everything seems different. All that time, never always truly seeing things the way they were. She is where she's meant to go, and where she is meant to be.

No one shall ever know the truth behind
That fateful day. Arthur went forth
To where the brilliant sword didst lay.
'Twas the first of many feats so great,
A legend through and through. We sing of our king,
Arthur, the noble and the brave.
-From the Tales of the Arthurian Legends

It is not too late, great King of Knights! Britain can still be saved! But this time, you shall not face it alone. You know your path... now follow it!
Mastermind4892 chapter 5 . 2/19
Sorry it took so long for me to get enough free time to read the next chapter, and it was even better than the last!

First, I must confess that it never ceases to surprise me how frequently Malfoy's arrogance gets him in over his head. It shouldn't surprise me at all, and yet he keeps proving me wrong. Once again, your precious blood status means absolutely nothing to a Servant of the Holy Grail War, let alone stop them in their tracks! It is utterly pitiful and senseless, Draco Malfoy! You, who derives enjoyment from humiliating and talking down to school children of all things, now blindly and ignorantly insult and belittle those who ARE your superior? Your disrespect is appalling! You call those you want to impress fools, so why do you care so much if they respect you or not? If they are so beneath your notice and worth, they why do you so desperately seek to gain the favor of their opinion? Those who deserve to be respected do not ask for it. Respect is earned through deeds and actions. Through achievement and and PROVING that you are above others, not just equal to them! And you call yourself the heir of nobility? You did not earn your title as nobility, only inherited it! There is a fine difference between status and talent, between titles GIVEN and titles EARNED! It is in cases like this where it is an insult to those with honorable titles everywhere. Have you no merits even as a human being?

Still, with that aside, on to other things.

It was an immense pleasure to see Harry's 'interview' handled so brilliantly! Just a few short sentences and that narrow-minded and self-absorbed minister was completely stripped of any influence he hoped to impose on this charade! This entire farce of justice was defused before even Albus Dumbledore himself had a chance to arrive! Quite an impressive feat itself, considering Dumbledore's usually incredible timing. One can just see him arriving just as Harry was cleared of all charges and looking between Harry and the Aurors before smiling with a twinkle in his eye and saying "What did I miss?" Well done, Saber! Your knowledge in the affairs of justice is indeed remarkable, and no doubt from experiencing your fair share in observing your noble King's impeccable negotiation skills and perfect judgement of the accused whenever it came to matters of the law. Just as any true knight should, you certainly have instilled within yourself some of your King's exemplary talents, especially when she had humbled those who foolishly thought themselves above her.

And of course, the first act in this War has been made. A Servant from the Death Eaters has struck against the Boy Who Lived, and his noble Saber rose to fight him, with Archer proudly standing at his side. Finally, the lines have been drawn, and the opposing sides are now aware of one another. The Dark Lord will now learn that his enemy now has the loyalty of the greatest of the Servants, as well as an alliance with Archer as well. It also will not take much intellect for Harry and his friends to discern who was behind Rider's attempt to assassinate him. Finally, both sides have a name for their enemy. Rare is the chance to meet and even fight with opponents from across the eras of time. Those acknowledged as Heroic Spirits make for the mightiest and worthiest of opponents to hone your strength and test your value! The future is fast approaching with many rewards both glorious and tragic. With their enemies in sight, the War has now truly begun. May these great warriors of legend fight on to determine who is worthy of the Grail... to see who will live and watch this great conquest come to its final conclusion, and to stand against all challengers!
Mastermind4892 chapter 4 . 2/3
What an epic first meeting between Servants, only to discover that their respective Masters have been the best of friends that shared many adventures for years. And... then they receive a strong humbling from Ms. Weasley! That's something I certainly did not expect to come as a result from this clash between two great heroes of legend.

Lancer has my sympathies. Bellatrix's maddened ramblings, primitive beliefs and blind ignorance have no place in a pact with a Heroic Spirit, let alone the Holy Grail War. After all, one does not become a Heroic Spirit through foolishness and blind stupidity. She's already wasted a precious Command Seal on a broad and trivial order. Bellatrix Lestrange will be easy prey for the other Servants. Judging by his informative 'advice' to his sociopath lunatic of a Master, I believe that Lancer is likely one of the great Spartans, possibly even Leonidas himself. As one of the greatest militaristic societies in human history, he should be an interesting character to commence battle with. Still, the Grail has usually paired Masters with Servants that specifically fit what that Master needs as a person, what they need to mature into something more. The Spartans could shape ANYONE into a prime warrior with keen senses, sharp skills and a perceptive mind for battle. If they could raise create a breed of warriors where only a mere three hundred of them could repel almost any invasion, than maybe, just maybe, Bellatrix could actually learn something from the Spartan.

And as for our favorite Hogwarts students turned Masters, they now have what they need most in this War, an ally and friendly face. The pieces are almost assembled. As Evil grows stronger, a family unites.

Finally, Saber and Archer have met and their Masters have reunited with crystal clear intentions to work together towards the greater end, side by side. In those precious moments, a new and great future with limitless potential unfolded. We are all connected. Joined together by an invisible thread, infinite in its potential and powerful in its design. The best of us is stored in our friends and family. But it is also a measure of stability, where we prove our loyalty. A friendship is more than acquaintanceship. It's about trust, about love. About those who embrace you... the real you. Unconditionally. That's why we believe it's magic.

There truly is a bond between them that has now become more powerful than ever as brothers in arms. This is the beauty of the glimmer of hope, the light at the end of the tunnel. Soon, the pains of the past will finally melt away like a wall of ice in the summer sun. This is the great equalizer of friendship, and no amount of magic or trickery can take that away, no matter how strong it may be. This is is why I bow in respect to your writing of perfect moments, both epic and mundane, capturing an entire existence and then made immortal. A monster's fight to survive, and live to kill again. A mother willing to fracture her own soul to protect her child. Youth's struggle for innocence, despite life's cruelty. The double-edged lies needed to sustain a double-edged life. A wandering hero's pure joy at success, and his darkest hour, when all the world seems lost. It acts as a reminder that your friends, old and new, are always with you, and you will win this fight against the great evil and take it down together!

The Wizarding World may soon be paralyzed with fear, and will need symbols of hope so that they may always believe that they can still do something. In our darkest hour, one specific band of heroes are fighting for our freedom and for our right to exist, hope and love. Harry and Herminone, Saber and Archer, you will soon become heroes to these men and women. Don't discount the effect that can have. None of you are in this fight alone. This bond that now ties you together is something that Voldemort will never understand. It's more powerful than any weapon, and it can never be taken or destroyed. When the enemy comes, you will face them together... and together, you WILL defeat them!

Come together, one and all. Courage may fail you... but friends never will.
Mastermind4892 chapter 3 . 1/22
Oh, this just gets better and better! The next chapter of this story has come forward, and now Harry and Saber leave Privet Drive to embark on the first step in this latest adventure. Of course, it will be quite a challenge to get the Aurors to trust this knight of a Servant. Regardless, there is nothing to fear. Sir Lancelot is steadfast in his loyalty to Harry, for it would be a far easier task to simply uproot a mountain than to shake his sacred oath. And once Saber proves the strength of his conviction, morals and capability to protect the Boy Who Lived, he will be welcomed as an honored ally, friend and brother-in-arms.

That sentiment is not extended to Severus, however. While his reasons to be suspicious of an unknown are justified, you may only take them so far. Snape's contempt has finally crossed a line, and a very dangerous one at that. If you yourself are not a Master, then you should NEVER threaten one in the presence of their Servant, especially one of the three honorable Knight classes. Not to mention their blatant immunity to most forms of magic.

On another note, WHAT were you thinking, Malfoy? Has your arrogance and over-confidence in your 'blood purity' bleached your brain? (Not that you've ever had much of a brain) I am not one to take pride in seeing one humbled in such a terrifying manner, but Draco qualifies as an exception, as he sorely needs a lesson in humility and overstepping his bounds. He may usually get away with it, but not this time. Demanding respect from a Heroic Spirit, no matter what their origins, is quite hazardous to your health. Heroic Spirits, hero or anti-hero, have all accomplished great things in their lifetime that were all worthy of legend, and they have EARNED it. You, Draco, have no such accomplishments, and simply inheriting your father's success is nothing impressive, especially when it required no effort on your part. You have done nothing to earn your family's legacy, especially their gold is stained with innocent blood and backstabbing the way to power. Assassin is absolutely correct, especially when her Brotherhood of Assassins dedicated themselves to ridding the world of such contemptible and corrupt nobles. She has my sympathies, being forced to serve the very type of person she was sworn to eliminate. Take this close encounter with Assassin to heart, Malfoy. Your nobility cannot protect you against a Servant, for titles and blood status have no meaning in the Holy Grail War, a point that Waver Velvet proved by entering the War himself with the great Iskandar, King of Conquerors, at his side. After all, it was only his character and strength of heart and mind that won Iskandar's eternal respect.

As for you Herminone, you are right to be concerned. As awe-inspiring as the skills and powers of a Servant is, I myself am not certain if they can completely avoid detection. Grimauld Place, not mention Hogwarts, is shielded by every conceivable form of protection spell and magical wards. While a Servant can only be repelled by a force field created by another Servant, that does not mean they are undetectable. The magic and power within a Servant of the Holy Grail is staggering, and while it is still plausible they might not be detected, I wouldn't be too surprised if they weren't.

Even so, there would be nothing that could be done about it. The Ministry and the Magus Association may be relative equals in terms of magic, perhaps more advanced and knowledgeable in some areas than the other and vice versa, but Servants are born again through the almighty power of one of the holiest and most magical relics the world has ever known. In fact, the ONLY wand that could actually be powerful enough to affect a Servant, even one of the three Knight Classes, would be the Elder Wand, a wand of immense and incredible power. If any wand can affect them, it would the wand that was forged by Death himself, a being whose own power no doubt rivals that of the Grail. And never forget that this all-powerful wand rests in the hands of one of the greatest wizards and the finest Headmaster that Hogwarts has ever had... Albus Dumbledore.

The feelings that this story stirs in me is something I have not felt since watching the show. No other Harry Potter crossover with Fate Stay has provoked such emotion and joy from me. The thrill and rush your writing makes me feel is nothing short of exhilarating! And the anticipation of whatever comes next is all the more mouth-watering! Especially when I grow wary of when Herminone arrives at Grimauld Place with Archer at her side... and find another Servant waiting. Forget magical wards and protection spells, a Servant will instantly be detected by another and we all know what happens when two Servants encounter one another... and the resulting collateral damage is usually enough to cause most insurance companies to go bankrupt. I have every faith that the two friends will easily be able to work together once the dust settles. They have been through so much together at Hogwarts and have saved each other's life many times. To survive in such dangerous times, we hold close to us those people on whom we depend. We trust in them our hopes and our fears. This War will not divide them, but I'm worried about how... loud and explosive the initial meeting will be. I just hope no one gets hurt... and that the city block doesn't get wrecked along with the house. Not to mention the awkward explanation.

I'll read and review the next chapter as soon as possible! Until then!
Mastermind4892 chapter 2 . 1/10
Another chapter that was a true delight to read! As they settle in with their Servants, the Masters must now understand the pivotal role they must play in the battles to come, and while some may say that the Masters are in way over their head... we'll see about that. And with the Grail, they can now be offered that which they have always wanted.

Harry, Hermione and Luna must accept this responsibility, and fight against the evil that seeks to take away all that we love and cherish. They must not deny it, for when we embrace what lies within, our potential knows no limit. The future is filled with promise. The present, rife with expectation. That is one of the greatest benefits of the Holy Grail War, as it reveals the true nature within your heart and soul. After all, the Grail has often chosen in advance Masters that had the most need of it, and become a better person. But when we deny our instinct, and struggle against our deepest urges... uncertainty begins. Where does this path lead? When will the changes end? Is this transformation a gift... or a curse? And for those that fear what lies ahead... The most important question of all... can we really change what we are?

Naturally, Hermione first endeavors to find out all she can about what lies ahead. You better brace yourself, Archer, for an unending wave of questions. Rare is the chance for a curious and inquisitive mind such as Hermione to be able to question a legendary and noteworthy hero of the past.

And as for you, Harry... your story is one full of danger and expectations, but also of friendship, loyalty and courage. No sooner had you first discovered the world of magic where you belonged, you were already thrust into an adventure where you thwarted the Dark Lord from acquiring the prized possession of the greatest of alchemists, Nicholas Flamel himself, all at the young age of eleven. Then you saved your school from an ancient and ravenous monster by drawing forth the Sword of Godric Gryffindor, a legendary blade of virtue and courage that you were judged worthy for (an act that will no doubt speak immense volumes of your character to Lancelot, a knight who served a great king that also was worthy to draw a certain sword from a certain stone). For your third year, you were faced with the creature that became your darkest fear, yet when you endured and overcame such fears, fate rewarded you with your godfather, someone to call family. And finally, only just last year, you were drafted into a legendary tournament of death-defying tests, where your strength and resolve were tested once more, only to see your greatest enemy resurrected and a courageous friend murdered before your very eyes. No one believes you of the return of Lord Voldemort, isolating you from the people within the world you love, forcing your to stand alone. But this time, you no longer stand alone, for you now have Saber to fight beside you, as you partake in the greatest of contests that makes the Triwizard Tournament look like children playing with toys. You and Saber must stand fast, stand tall and stand together.

Some of the Masters, like Harry and Hermione, may call this battle strange... but you do not choose your destiny, it chooses you. And those that knew you before Fate took you by the hand cannot understand the depth of the changes inside. They cannot fathom how much you stand to lose in failure... that you are now an instrument of flawless Design. And all of life may hang in the balance. The hero learns quickly who can comprehend and who merely stands in your way. We are all at our cores the sum of our fears. To face destiny we must, inevitably, face those fears, and conquer them... whether they come from the familiar or the unknown. Dark skies are rising over the horizon and the enemy is closer than you think. The Holy Grail War is beginning to unfold, but certain things will never change. Every may is mortal and every life comes to an end. The time for battle amongst great champions and legendary heroes is fast approaching. This is only the beginning.
Mastermind4892 chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
And so it is as it was.

The War for the most magical artifact in existence has returned in all its glory and all its horror. Yet as terrible as this war may be, it is still an honorable and illustrious event of the highest level of respect and distinction. For such renowned and noble warriors of history to be reincarnated and to exchange blows with one another... there is no greater contest. There is no greater gift than a worthy foe, for in facing this foe, we hone ourselves to the best we can be, and therefore bring honor to the title of Heroic Spirit. Seven extraordinary heroes of legend have returned to commence battle once more for eternal glory and ultimate supremacy, to earn the honor of winning the greatest of prizes. This vessel of victory, this chalice of champions... the Holy Grail!

Luna, your perspective and understanding is truly unique among the world of magic. And it appears that now your ways of understanding will be a breath of fresh air to others, as now your Servant can help bring you closer to others as you can find the true friends that you seek. Brothers in arms are brothers for life. You will at long last find loyal and noble friends again.

Hermione, you have truly found your place in the world. A young and aspiring mage whose brilliant intellect and thirst for knowledge is unrivaled, a marveling prodigy indeed. However, it is your sense of loyalty to others that truly distinguishes you, and made you worthy of the noble house of the bold and courageous Godric Gryffindor. Now, fate has rewarded your dedicated efforts, for as the Master of Archer in the Holy Grail War, you can now truly make a difference and contribute to the war against the Dark Lord as much as the Boy Who Lived. Your natural affinity for the art of magic, your faith, trust, courage and devotion to others is an inspiration to both human and Heroic Spirit alike. And now you will need it more than ever. You can finally make the difference you have always wanted.

And you, Harry? Your bold and fearless heart has never been in question, and does great honor for the House of Gryffindor. It has never been surprising that destiny has always had special plans for you. For fourteen long years, the mystery of the future has been laid out before you, shrouded in fog. But as it is, destiny has finally begun to shine her light to shatter the fog. Now the path is revealed. So much struggle, for meaning, for purpose, but in the end we find it only in each other. Our shared experiences of the fantastic, and the mundane. The simple, human need to find the kindred, to connect, and to know in our hearts that we are not alone. For all his bluster, it is the sad province of man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes, hoping he will have the courage to answer. Have faith, Harry. You may have found yourself in a war of magic unlike anything you ever thought possible, but you are still not without aid. You still have your friends, who will stand by your side and not falter: The brave and true Ron Weasely, and Hermione Granger with her sharp and cunning intellect and now a fellow Master as well. And now, you have a new ally to fight beside you. You been chosen as the Master of the Saber class, the best and most prestigious of the Servants. And not just any Saber, but the one and only Lancelot of the Lake himself! Despite his tragic fall, he still remains as the greatest knight to have ever walked the face of existence, worthy only of the noble ruler of Britain, the King of Knights herself. Lancelot has been cleansed of his madness, and is now ready to serve as a true knight of virture and chivalry once again. Fate has at last given him the second chance he deserves, for he may yet find peace and redemption by fighting at the side of the Boy Who Lived. So once again Harry, you are not alone. Your friends and allies are always with you and always shall be. Life is hard enough, but it's even harder without others by your side. You have friends and allies who will follow you anywhere. You must stop trying to face your trials alone because your life because your life is too important to ride solo. This is why you have found your purpose in others, for even when your courage may fail you, friends never will. And now the World of Magic needs you more than ever, for a great shadow threatens its heart. Prove yourself worthy as a rallying leader in this battle and as the Master of Saber. And fear not... for you shall be guided in ways that you could never imagine.

There is simply so much potential in this story! A world of discovery has opened, and with it heralds a confusion of elements. The first snowfall of impossible change. Old lives undone, left behind. Strange faces, made familiar. New nightmares, to challenge sleep. New friends, to feel safe with. Only then comes control. The need to impose order unto chaos, through determination, through study, through struggle. All in defiance of a thundering truth. The Holy Grail War has returned to the world once again, and the earth shudders underfoot. The pieces are assembled, the line has been drawn and the gauntlet is thrown.

Shall we begin?
Dawnbreaker chapter 11 . 12/1/2014
Well, this was an unexpected, yet welcome surprise.
I'd like to see more of this, because you have a small fanbase at TV Tropes eagerly waiting for an update.
And a trope page was put up as well.
Hakurei no Miko chapter 11 . 11/3/2014
update soon!
L.D Cyphre chapter 11 . 10/11/2014
I'll admit, when I first saw this I had my doubts. I never would have considered Harry Potter and F/SN working together. At the recommendation of a friend, who also posts stories here, I find my doubts dispelled rather quickly. You have done very well in scenes and description. I find responses and actions from characters from both sides believable, and I hope to see more as soon as you have the opportunity to do so. Please continue this if you can.

-Louis Devro Cyphre
Hakurei no Miko chapter 11 . 10/10/2014
update soon! though i am doubting yr decision of including avenger... i think the reason why the heroic spirits are weaker are because they were summoned by wizards, who are weaker and do not use magic circuits. and rin is fabulous as usual! and i love saber/arturia! update or else! and i would love it if rin got her shiny dagger :)
Hakurei no Miko chapter 10 . 10/10/2014
i really dont think its a good idea for ginny to become a master... and i thought all the servants were already summoned?
Hakurei no Miko chapter 6 . 10/10/2014
yesyesyes! btw, i think itll be clearer if you stated that wizards and magi are different, cause they are, and magi are much more powerful than their counterparts. im not used to saber being called arturia haha and as you have hinted before some of the servants have connections to her thisll be interesting!
Resisting the Borg chapter 11 . 8/31/2014
This... is... GOOD!

And it's been so long since you've updated! Please tell me you're planning on continuing this story!
greg chapter 11 . 7/12/2014
Dude please update this soon. It really is a good story and i want to see how it progresses and how it ends. It really is one of my favorite fate stay night/harry potter crossovers.