Reviews for Measure of a Man
mydearstar chapter 1 . 8/2
Erik goddamned if you really loved her you would have never force your ,murderious touch on her
wondergirl257 chapter 1 . 7/20
I was so mad when he just nodded and left like wtf erik but then he came back and I was so happy Oh Lord these two will be the death of me
MissChrystalline chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
I'm not sure I liked his forcefulness, but the story was well written. Nice!
Izulza chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Wow! Now that was HOT & steamy!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
STEAMAYY I loved it
EriksCandleLight chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
aradiaeva chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Great fic...very powerful between the two of them.
Daniela Garrick-Higbie chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Woah, just woah.. I think your story managed to render me speechless. :D

Chills ran up my spine when you described Christine running away and hiding from Phantom, it was just brilliant! As well as the incident that made him wild! The scene where Phantom leaves Christine gets you a bit suspicious about his feelings and motives about what they did, but when he comes back, you realise that he probably just doesn't know what to do after such an act of intimacy.
Canela chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
I really like this Erik... this was great..maybe u can write a├▒other chapter or a sequel..please?
whitneywood chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Hauntingly beautiful. I love the darkness of it, and that you kept Erik completely true to character. Would love a sequel.
AlteraPars87 chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
A wonderful, rich, phantastic story... This was damn good.

The iconic image that is going to be stuck in my mind for a long time is the following :

"Erik turned his face to press a reverent kiss to the nape of my neck, and I closed my eyes and adored that tender gesture. It meant love more than words or letters ever could have." *sigh*
Miss Cullen -I wish chapter 1 . 7/20/2011

I think I'm officially in love with you as a writer.
my-echo chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
...Coming back, lol. I forgot to mention that the scene at the end, where he just disappears into the darkness, actually felt very right to me, as in something that his character would do. He's likely not sure how to deal with all the feelings coursing through him right now - probably still remnants of anger and jealousy and pain from his earlier bout of totally "losing it", mixed with cautious, bittersweet ecstasy, and very likely mixed with a fair amount of shame and self-loathing. It just really worked, for me - and poor Christine, collapsing in a heap after the initial afterglow and feeling kind of used and violated, even though she was, as she put it, a "willing victim". His disappearance is kind of like a splash of cold water in the face for her. But that tender little return and Christine's tentative contentment was a good touch, too - it gave the story the closure it needed to be satisfying.

Also, I happened to scroll up after I closed the review window and realized that I sort of got the scene wrong, the one I mentioned - he doesn't actually scream at her about being a whore at that point; that happened earlier and I must have gotten it fused in my mind with the scene I mentioned, but any rate, just the whole idea of that attitude he has gives me horror/dread goosebumps, which was the main point of what I was trying to convey. :D
my-echo chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Dear God, I ADORED this. You built the terrifying suspense so well, and then made me feel all warm and weak-kneed and generally incapable of incoherent thought. This is a perfect example (and, I should add, one that's far intellectually superior to the kinds of stories the term usually brings to mind) of a "bodice ripper" story (...complete with a quite literally ripped bodice). She willingly succumbs to him despite all her former objections (morality, abject fear, etc.) and he is terrifyingly (and...ah...knee-bucklingly) powerful, dominating, and seductive - but mixed in with that are far more terrifying (and incredibly off-putting) traits. His jealousy, distrust, and paranoia are elevated to the levels of insanity - as they should be, because that's the kind of person that he is. Like another reviewer mentioned, a lot of writers tend to shy away from that aspect of his character and water down his crazier tendencies, but you stare it down without flinching. What makes that one scene in particular - right before the *cough* "action" - so terrifying is that she is telling him the god-honest truth, but he is totally unable to be reasoned with - his jealousy and hatred have blinded him so much that he is utterly convinced that everything she says is a lie. That moment where he *almost* believes her and then suddenly snaps back and screams in her face that she's, in a nutshell, a lying little harlot, was probably the most goose-bumpy moment in this story for me ( a scary-type way, that is. I got a lot of other goose-bumps later, but they weren't the scary kind, IF you know what I mean). :D

This oneshot is just so well-crafted in a myriad of ways. Faves!
Phantom Night Owl chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
I enjoyed this...the imagery of Christine running through a dark and empty opera house being pursued by the Phantom, was a little chilling. I didn't know if I should feel sorry for her or envy her, lol. This story was like dark chocolate to me...still sweet, but with some bite to it.