Reviews for Dissidia Viginti Unus 021 Final Fantasy
Mingyu chapter 27 . 10/5
Ok, you knew this was coming...well, I knew it was coming. But you probably suspected. I didn't really want to read something I haven't seen/played (and I haven't played all of the Final Fantasies). But I couldn't resist a good chunk of story written by an author I like to read for long.

All told, my preference is still on Return of Lost Souls (at least until the Jabberwocky arc finishes. I still liked this one a lot, but I read RoLS first. If/when it does update, I would say to make it as a new story. But that's just me.

Gah, so much to say about this! In addition to Fate, it also reminded me of Fushigi Yuugi with all the warriors on both sides. Very well put together, but I can only wish you luck with keeping all the characters straight. My favorite summoner would probably be Cid (Sven expy for the win! I'm a big fan of Black Cat). But it's a close thing because I'm interested in most all of them. I can't wait for the backstories for Ace, Kanna, and Kai/Beriah. Is Rei ever going to find that eidolon? And of course, what the heck happened between Shirou and Hikari?!

Speaking of Hikari, I thought her "incompetence" was played up a bit too much. She was quite accomplished in most of the fights, but her lack of confidence and support really crippled her. So basically I'm hating on her party members a little for that. She was pretty awesome throughout, although I'm sure that deleting her own hesitation will have NO consequences whatsoever.

As for the side of Chaos I'll take Beriah as my favorite, with Strengir as second and the twins as third (and fourth, I suppose). Cassandra is at the bottom, and Aias is slightly above her for all the hypocrisy he was spewing at Light. Sure, he may have Shirou Emiya' s power set (maybe) and that's cool. But even if he took it apart, his side still tore the life energy from however many people to fight. So he doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to involving innocents...and they sent their summoners into battle as well!

Mah, I'll wait for more characterization before I write him off completely. Anyway, thank you for another awesome story (even if it's technically first)!
ScarletFlame chapter 27 . 2/18
A magnificent tale you have woven, Starlight. I look forward to the continuation of this story.

... Though I must say, I was a bit disappointed at the lack of Summoner-inception.

Bloodwitch Raven chapter 27 . 9/25/2014
Just got done reading it a few hours ago, and I do have a question about the next chappies.

Other than that story is funny :D
Darkknight4ever chapter 27 . 7/3/2014
LadyJuxtaposition chapter 27 . 3/12/2014
Yes, yes, YES seven yeses! I don't feel this is the end of the story, it just started! And I got so many burning questions that I need to water out with Arc 2 and 3! You and your co-author truly wrote an amazing Dissidia Final Fantasy fanfic! So amazing, maybe perhaps it can be converted into a videogame, that would be fun!

What Aias said to the Emperor is a good point. If Mateus continues to kill people to gain rule over the world, then eventually, he'll have no people to rule over. Unless he has a power to convert them into demons or monsters under his control. And thank you Makoto for calling Mateus David Bowie! XD

I'm so glad there's finally a solid, evident bond and understanding between the Cosmos Warriors and Summoners (now if only it was the same for the Chaos Warriors and Summoners, maybe so in the next arc? Just wishful thinking). XD

I voted for Hikari because not only she's a relatable character but also has the potential and components of an hardcore anime character. And not to mention her magical book and ofaud bookmarks that can do magic? I wanna learn that from her to increase my organizational skills in a magical level!

Anyway, I shall wait until after summer for the next arc begins (and I will hope there will be). Until then, I'll continue on the Rei and Firion picture. My uttermost sorrys for the very long delay; college work, personal life, and mumbo jumbo got hold of me as the strength of the Emperor, but I will prevail with extra time if I managed to obtain them.

You and your co-author deserve a celebration after all the hard work you guys poured into the story! You all take care now! *cues Final Fantasy Victory Theme and after, Final Fantasy Theme* :D
JNaegi chapter 27 . 3/12/2014
And with that this arc ends! Loved the Segway of using a disk!

So with peace comes new hurtles for the cast and intergrading Lightning and her team into the mix. I wonder if Makoto will get Vann as her partner? Oh but I wasn't expecting her to kick ass and also got to see Cheyvo fight too!

It's going to be good with the Warrior of Light and Lightning's interactions with each other and Hikari but hey she's got two warriors now!

I know it's small but I liked how you upgraded Tifa's look to her AC look, I always preferred that to her white t-shirt one.

I think I see some references; from that binding contract that Kiritsugu used in Zero on Lancer's master! Along with the name Aias! It will be nice seeing how far Aias and his crew go, I see betrayals in stored for the Chaos summoners (it seemed like they had the overall win this time).

YES, CONTINUE! You and Shadow Ninja Koopa are doing good with this so no leaving the fans in suspense!

Hmm, I would think you should continue the 2nd part of this story in this one before going to the next overall arc as a second part. Hikari is a crybaby but she does want everything turning out right in the end so that's my answer.

Whoa, Hikari one? She is the main character so I'm happy! At least Rei/Shirou got second! I'm glad I asked to use your characters for the spear that guards the priestess; their a good asset.

Awww, that long for an update? School is important so continue doing you're best.

Until the next update (or when I update my story!)
Lady Rabenschwarz chapter 27 . 3/11/2014
YES! You should totally continue this! :3
PeridotSwan chapter 26 . 2/10/2014
After a month of reading, I have finally finished reading this story. ...I'm apparently that much of a slowpoke. Now, this is going to be a pretty long review since it's covering the whole story.

Well first all of your cliffhangers are pretty good. My favorites are probably from chapters 18 and 26. Um... Of course I'm bad at putting my thoughts into words...

I'll be honest when I say I was kind of doubtful about this story because of all the more Eastern sounding names and just what seemed like quite a bit being thrown at me. But I kept reading and... Well, of course I like this story. I wouldn't have read the whole thing if I didn't. The start of this story is very much modeled after Fate/Stay Night, which you have said you're a fan of. It wasn't really till the group got out of Akikaze that the story began to become its own thing. I feel that's where the story really began to pick up, as most stories do after the first couple of chapters.

I will say that there are a ton of grammar and spelling and tense and wrong use of word mistakes in this story. I normally would go through and pick apart each one I picked up on. However, considering the length of the chapters and how long the writing process can be, I totally understand that things slip by.

Um... Oh what else... I really do like the OCs in this story, both on the Cosmos and Chaos side. They're just so enjoyable to see interact and see what they do and all their quirks. I'm defiantly liking Hikari a lot more than I was early in the story because she's now kind of becoming her own character and her characteristics are really starting to show. Valon has now become a favorite cause he just cracks me up half the time, along with Ace. On the villains side I still like all of them really. I'm curious about the ones we haven't seen yet, like how they are and how they act with the others.

I probably didn't get a lot of the references in this story, I'm sorry. I got most of the Index and Railgun ones, I think. I think I got the Chrono Crusade one for Rei. I'm sure there are others from anime that I've missed completely...

I will say one thing... I know you said I tend to have a somewhat fuller writing style, but props to you for writing so much for each chapter and for writing incredibly well battle scenes. I can't write battle scenes to save my life and I think I would have a heart attack if I wrote more than like 10 pages per chapter.

I really like the humor of this story. Like, I tried really hard to not burst out laughing while reading sometimes. Some highlights include:
The scene in chapter 11 with them eating dinner at the hotel. Shirou sold that scene.
Valon and Ace when they're not being serious.
All of Squall's monologues and him wondering if he attracts the odd ones.
The ending of Chapter 20. Just the faces I imagine.

Um... Yeah. I think that's pretty much it... I'll keep reading, I'll keep liking the story... Can't wait till the next one and I can't wait to see what the next arc is. Keep up the good writing, both you and your wonderful co-writer
LadyJuxtaposition chapter 26 . 1/26/2014
Oh man, this is one intense, full-action pack chapter right here! I was definitely hooked for two hours and made a perfect end of my weekend (after this, I'm back to school)! XD

Okay, I'll comment in a short and sweet manner about the characters, so...

Shirou and Golbez, EARTH BENDERS! They reminded me much in their battle. Also, Nero transforming in wolf form reminds me much of Vincent Valentine and his demons.

I really doubt that this would happen, but I imagined now the Emperor got Rei in his grasps, he will try to seduce her the same way he attempted on Hilda.

I have a great liking for Kanna and she and Kuja would make a great fashion team in my opinion. :)

Reading Strengir and using his puppets, a Touhou character of Alice came in mind. Just because of puppets.

I had a feeling that Kai and Beriah knew each other before the 21st Cycle begins. No need to give me spoilers; want to be surprised.

So Tifa is using Dolphin Blow, does she and Zell sparred together and taught each moves? Of did Tifa had that move in Dissidia 012? *goes and check her fighting move list*

And by the way, where is Kain?! The cast of Dissidia 012 are here, but where's that dragoon knight?!

Whew, anyway, keep up the good work both of you. This was really worth the wait. Now I'm going to vote for my favorite Cosmos Summoner! :3
JNaegi chapter 26 . 1/26/2014
You finally were able to do it! Glad you updated when you did but now I hope you get some rest, doing a lot of pages can be draining mentally and physically.

Man, the Summoners gave it there all but they all wind up getting captured by their respective Cosmos warriors with the exception of Light, who got free by Hikari. But now I have to wonder what's going to happen to them?

Not sure which battle I liked more since each had it's own charm. Maybe Ace's since he went on a tangent about his rear being on fire! Easy way to step into a certain brand of humor but I'll refrain from that!

But Lightning seemed TRULLY annoyed with. I'm anticipating their conversations!

You are doing good Starlight, along with Koopa! Keep up the good work! I'll tell you something, I'm actually half way through with chapter 6! It might be up today? Who knows.

Keep it going!
Lady Rabenschwarz chapter 26 . 1/25/2014
OMGOMGOMG! It's been so long since the last chapter! This chapter is just AMAZING! I literally jumped up and down when I got the email that you updated this!
Tsubasa Hikaru chapter 25 . 12/15/2013
"Was this...still Hikari Himemiya?"

Awww yeah bring it! Finally an awesome fight to look forward to!

7 chapters until I know why tsundeRei acts like this? I shall wait forever if it need be! :D

Thank you very much for bringing the Duodecim warriors! Now I can incessantly think of a WoLxLghtningxHikari triangle thingy!
This brings a question the new warriors enter a new contract with the summoners or with Hikari? You mentioned that Cosmos requires her help...and Hikari is now tied with Sonaruo so...just a guess but didja make the Duodecim warriors the god's followers? Pure speculation here.

Hopefully the Cosmos summoners can bond better after this event, because it's not like it's healthy for them if Hikari has to 'absorb' all the hate since it'd be like..something of a suppresant drug? And if it doesn't work then they'll blow again..yeah here's to no troll moves..but who knows d:

Will be excitedly waiting for the ultimate showdown of the ultimate destiny! :D
JNaegi chapter 25 . 12/14/2013
What the heck? You end it right there just when you revealed that Lightning and the others as they help out Hikari and the crew?! Man, that's a troll move guys :)

I DID not expect to see them in there. You totally surprised me with that moment. Now the Cosmos summoners have a chance. But how did they appear like that? Are they nothing more than phantasms for the duration of the battles or are they real and will gain partners as well?

So many questions to answer so I'll get to the beginning part. That argument was realistic on what Kanna and the others were going through. Some flip-flopped being yay or nay the next moment but Hikari calmed them all down.

Makes me wonder if they had a big brawl, who'd win? And man those bonds of friendship will not be happening anytime soon. Just give me a chapter where they decide to go to a festival, have moments of understanding and develop as a group.

But some personalities don't mesh well but at least they can tolerate each other (it's not trust at the moment).

Hikari busting out some alternate form and she made a pact with another goddess? I might have to re-read just to make sure I got all the correct information.

Gilgamesh breaking the fourth wall is always funny! Nice touch with the ref to Stephen King' movie version of IT. I prefer the book, given it's more detailed while the movie was somewhat lack-luster.

That's pretty much for this review. Glad you two like the story, I don't think I'll be able to do an update this month (paying attention to my first fic) however I am in the planning stages on how I want it to go next.

Story going good and can hardly wait till it's updated again. I'd say its on a "Winter break" as they say?

LadyJuxtaposition chapter 25 . 12/14/2013
*cues Lightning's battle theme: Blinded by Light when the warrior made appearance* Awesome seeing the warriors from the 12th Cycle! And that will be really helpful for the Cosmos Warriors and Summoners gaining victory! Can't wait to see the conclusion! :D

I want to say my thoughts to the Cosmos Summoners:

Rei and Shirou, your interesting and fighting relationship reminds me much of Ash and Misty from Pokémon, especially from that one episode when they are at the hospital waiting for their Pokemons to be recovered. Now, I'm not saying you both liked each other very much, but I'm saying you both at least cared about each other. Feel free to attack me anytime! XD

Kanna, I know many people with pink hair: Lightning, Serah, Lenna in her sprite form, my OC Lily who I think you will like her for her fashion sense, Lumina, and other more I cannot named. And btw, did you happen to have a major crush on Jecht? I do not blame you; he may be a major bonehead, but he's quite a mighty hulk. But remember, he's old enough to be your father, and with Tidus' reaction to this...

Chantez, oh me gosh, you may a annoying little nun, but you are very amusing to me, and quite entertaining with Gilgamesh in the mix! Don't assume any negative blonde stereotypes because as far as we know, Hikari may not be born blonde. And yes, draw Gil's face Jigglypuff style! No wait, he face is already painted, sorry you're too late! XD

For both Kanna and Chantez, we do have many feminine warriors (yes, I'm talking to you Mateus you sad excuse of being David Bowie's twin brother!), and as for Cecil, he could be a transsexual and we may never know about it... ;)

And that's it for the Summoners of Harmony. If I have more I'll PM them to you. As always, keep up the good work and I cannot wait to read the conclusion of Arc 1.
Tsubasa Hikaru chapter 24 . 12/13/2013
"Why the HELL should I swallow my pride and team up with YOU!? When clearly Firion is the better of both of you!"

Sorry for the late review! Many RL stuff plus a broken computer makes me saaaad. Itsnotbecauseicantfindthereferenceoranything
But anyway.

But wait! Everyone got caught and I was like "really? Dammit!" I'm not as desperate as the summoners but I have to agree that this situation sucks bad...especially with that last sentence. Tragic play? By the gods, that better be wait, it better have a happy(?) end to it!

By the way, is this just me or are you saving up the EX mode for the ultimate showdown (of ultimate destiny)? Makes me think whether the core essence of Mana and Reiki here is different from the EX Particles. Is it fundamentally different then?

All in all, I am pleased with this chapter. I want to hug Rei now. But I'll probably be blasted away before I could even get close so this would have to do d:

Great work, will be waiting eagerly for the next chapter! :D