Reviews for The Picnic
excellent
john lumb chapter 6 . 5/23
realistic convincing dialogue
cloudshape to ennien chapter 7 . 2/7
That was a wonderful story and I enjoyed it very much. Especially the ending. I wish again this would have been an episode. Or maybe some flashbacks.

You have a great talent at grasping their characters and puting them in realistic situations.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully you will write more about these two some day.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 6 . 2/7
I love that swipe you have at that ridiculous witchcraft-issue those funtamental Christians in the States have with the Harry Potter books. That really made me laugh.

Both of them are right in a way. I can understand Keith's frustration with David and vice versa. Sweetest thing was Keith offering to comfort David if he was scared in the movie. Sweet and hilarious.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 5 . 2/7
That Claire/David interaction was sweet and wonderful and typical. At least it feels very typical, although unfortunately there really isn't very much interaction between them on the show.

You make it so easy to understand what David sees in Keith. It explains why he is so drawn to him, but already in the very beginning he worries about angering Keith. Poor David.

You're confusing me a bit with those name changes - Dick Nettles all of a sudden changes into Ned? Or is that just a different short cut for the same full name? I am not so familiar with american names, so this is confusing.

That was akward with David's dad - and so perfectly captures the mood of the first few episodes. And it seems Keith catches on, that David's parents don't have a clue.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 4 . 2/7
You really got both of them perfectly. I so love how you describe their first date and David's thoughts and just everything.

I wish we could have seen this on the show.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 3 . 2/7
So far I really like the story. It is very easy to actually picture it and I think you got David perfectly with all his insecurities and always trying to please people.

Just a little something that caught my eye: you changed Sean's name in the middle of this chapter to Seth.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/28/2014
please tell me there's more to come, come on this is just the beginning
HanaHeart chapter 7 . 12/27/2013
Hi, I just wanted to say that I liked your story very much. I've just finished watching the series two weeks ago and still not over it yet. I loved it so much, especially Keith and David. they are my favourite couple in the whole series.
Thank you for your wonderful fic.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/15/2012
great story! wish there were more keith and david stories like it
JolinarJackson chapter 7 . 12/18/2011
I just love this. I'm just getting into the fandom and this is certainly one of the best stories I've read so far.
deathbybitching chapter 6 . 9/4/2011
This is good. Damn good. Most people would assume it's easy to write for David's bitchy character, but in fact it's not! You, however, have nailed the mannerisms of both David and Keith. Truly anxious to read more!
lynn422 chapter 6 . 8/19/2011
What is David's problem? I hope David and Keith make up soon.

Great chapter, looking forward for more.
deathbybitching chapter 5 . 7/12/2011
A wonderful, well written story. Very true to the characters. Please continue!
kunniaton chapter 5 . 7/8/2011
Wow, this seems a really good story... I hope you'll continue with this. I love the way you write Keith, it's so real. And all those small things you use to describe him... He's awesome. And you are, too.