Reviews for Those Dark Hours
Guest chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
hello, Miss Skyfire, I am shocked. 'Tis sad... I wish to cry now. I've read some of your stuff, but am only now reviewing. I do apologise, and am reading and reviewing as much of your stuff as I can now. I shall make up for it, I promise. I am also trying to write a Sherlock Holmes fanfiction, and am suceeding, however, I thought it may be interesting for you to know that in mine, Mary does die, but due to a train wreck. I may someday be on this site, but until then, I shall read and review! Ta-ta!
Azolean chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Beautifully written. And, since there was no elaboration by ACD as to what really happened to Mary Watson, there is plenty of room for maneuver. Thank you for sharing this piece.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
OMG! If Watson hasn't broken down totally, he will soon.
Count De Mortithrope chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
I think that in the aspect of you distancing yourself from it, you're more like Holmes than most people. Just a thought.
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Wow. That was so incredibly intense.

I do have a couple of suggestions for you. I like the way that you open up with dialogue. It grabs your readers attention. But sometimes it can be difficult to figure out what's going on. You could revise it or you could leave it as it is. Not knowing what's going on can add a lot of tension to a scene. Your choice.

Also, you do a good job describing Watson's grief. But I think that if you wanted to, you could take it to a deeper level. I realize that this is from Lestrade's POV, but you could spend a bit more time describing his observations and his thoughts.

But overall, it was well written. Feel free to disregard my suggestions, if you so wish. I enjoyed it and I look forward to more from you in this canon.

-MadameGiry25
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Wow. That was intensely...tragic. *Heavy sigh* May they rest in peace.

Very well written.
Mary le Bow chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Good writing, and so sad. I hope Watson catches the guy, and the cops look the other way when he does.
Moonspun Dragon chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
*pats shoulder* Oh, honey, we are not going to kill you. Yet! *evil laughter*

All joking aside, I really hope you feel better soon! :)

Yeah, This is pretty dark, but, brightside: Mary killed almost all of her attackers and when Watson catches up to the one who survived, he's going to wish Mary did shoot him. Also, this explains the reason why Watson barely mentions her death.

Quick question: What happened to Lucy?

Once again, I hope you feel better soon. :)

Nice job! :D
callensensei chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Dark indeed, but what a fiercely brave Mary! At least she went down fighting, like a true Watson.

I can well believe Watson would name his son after his beloved lost friend, and this only makes this fresh loss doubly terrible.

And there's dear Lestrade, determined that the Yard would stand behind Watson! I love the way that both you and Granada have Lestrade and Watson forge a closer relationship during the Hiatus; it does much to expand Lestrade's character.

The opening of this story is very arresting with its emphasis on dialogue and sound, almost like a radio drama (Bert Coules would be proud of you!). It grabs the reader's attention instantly and ratchets up the tension.

And finally, what you suggest here is a strong defense for why Holmes felt he had to disappear and deceive Watson. Had Moriarty's gang suspected for a moment that Watson knew Holmes was alive, this is precisely what they would have done.

So, bravo! But I do hope you'll write us another fic about the dawn (sniff!).
nomdeplume30 chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
What are you doing to Watson! Wow, give a fellow a break. That being said, this was very well done. I liked it as much as I was horrified by it. I liked that Mary took most of them with her. My heart broke for little Arthur. How incredibly sad. Is there more of this story coming?
SabrinaPhynn chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Well, I WAS warned... oh, Watson... you poor, poor man. few tears dripping down face

No wonder you fainted when Holmes came back! (and thank Goodness that the universe gave you him back, at least...)

And good for Mary for taking out four of the baddies. I am sure she was tutored in shooting by her dearest John... glad to see she went (gulp!) down fighting.

This reminds me of the phone calls I've gotten from my former lover about how to climb out of the abyss of despair- he knows I've been there, so he's looking for advice and some serious sympathetic listening. Let us hope the good doctor can find some of the same at the Yard...

ok the writing is very compelling, I must go make breakfast for me and my sons- but one more thing-

~~~~~~~~~YOU MEANIE! YOU HURT OUR WATSON! AND MADE OUR HEARTS HURT!~~~~~~~~~~~