Reviews for The War Of Light And Shadow
Gwenneth chapter 83 . 12/22/2014
Well, it's official. You broke my brain. I read this story during every free moment I had for the last three days and I enjoyed pretty much every minute of it. I was utterly shocked by Legolas' fate, and for the next two chapters was sure it was a misunderstanding or there would be a surprise in store. But ... as much as I hate to accept it ... it was fitting! Seriously, I was sitting here for a minute at the end and just thinking ... wow. It has been a wonderful journey and I thank you for sharing your imagination with us!
Guest chapter 76 . 12/7/2014
The death of Legolas hit me hard. I cried my eyes out red. It was so very realistic; no miraculous recovery, no last-minute salvation only painfully realistic battle injury and consequent end. The description of Legolas' fall was so painful. I still can't believe that he died. Somehow I thought he would survive or at least die at the final confrontation with Sauron. Even Aragorn's first nighare coming true would not have been as hard as this one. I cried and cried. It broke my heart. I just can't believe after all this time you would finish him off. It was so cruel and realstic. I guess somehow this was how things had to go but it still breaks my heart. All the pain and grief Legolas carried for years since the fall of his people and he had to die even before he saw Aragorn's coronation.. I think I would be always sad with Legolas' death.
Bob chapter 83 . 12/6/2014
Tolkien be praised
teresa chapter 4 . 9/24/2014
This story is amazingly well written.I love it.
ThexTalesxOfxLadyxShiri chapter 83 . 9/22/2014
Amazingly creative, and so original! I am very glad to have found and read this. What a journey!
klester1987d chapter 83 . 6/28/2014
Little sequel about the Valar greeting Legolas in the Halls of Mandos? (PLEASE)
Guest chapter 5 . 6/8/2014
Distopia... COOL
phantomviola chapter 16 . 4/27/2014
It just occurred to me that I'm reading the Middle-Earth equivalent of "The Road," except with Viggo Mortenson in the reversed position.

These are wonderful.
Guest chapter 83 . 1/3/2014
I loved reading every chapter of this story. Managed not to cry at Legolas' death until he called Aragorn son. Then I cried. Excellent story.
illogicalstarz chapter 83 . 1/1/2014
This story took my forever to get to. I usually go hunting for stories and then organize them by chapters and read in bulk. This having a large number of chapters was saved till the end and even when I got to it I almost bypassed it. Thank heavens I didnt.
Every word was perfection. It was unique and magical and whenever I wasnt reading it I was thinking about it. I felt so connected to the characters as they grew not only in age but in character. The changed beautifully and no one was this character of perfection writers sometimes make them. The ever stoic Legolas had his many faults and Aragon wasnt the perfect warrior unfazed by all.
Speaking of Legolas... I almost dont know what to say. His death was unexpected and yet disturbingly beautiful. With tears streaming down my face I almost closed the page thinking the story was over. How could it continue without him. His final words were perfect and the length and everything was just amazing.
Now Sold into Ruin is next on my list and with how beautiful yet depressing this was I cant wait to read it. Keep up the good work.
silverhorseshoe02 chapter 72 . 12/15/2013
i was crying. you are a great writer, all you need is insparation and you will be a bestselling authour.
Mallan chapter 83 . 11/18/2013
I found this story about a year ago and read the first chapters. By some reason, I didn't have tme to finish it, and I had to abandon it. Everyday life takes its fair share of one's time, and I've not been here for quite a while.
Never really forgot about those first chapters though, but since I had absolutly no idea of how to find this story again, I couldn't finish reading it. By pure luck I found it a few days ago. And I have to say - I'm really happy I did. What an amazing, brilliant and fantastic story! Thank you so much for writing this. What a joy to read for those of us who like stories with a lot of context, emotions and twists. Well-written, a little darker stories but with a lot of beauty to them are so hard to come by it seems.
So again - thank you!
Iroh the Great chapter 83 . 7/15/2013
Awesome, I enjoyed this story a lot and it is really a good one. not many grammar mistakes or spelling. the wording and all that is amazing. this guy makes you really feel for this book and it was fun to read this long awesome story
Cynogriffon chapter 83 . 7/11/2013
HOW DARE YOU KILL LEGOLAS! Sorry, it really was a great story. It took forever to read though.
remy-areyousrs chapter 83 . 6/18/2013
I am speechless.

I've been reading this story right from the beginning. I'll admit, at first, I was reluctant, thanks to the number of chapters and the fact that my A-levels had just started. Yet here I am, three weeks later, and I swear I've never read a better story. This is simply brilliant.

I love how you took the characters and turned them into something else entirely, and I love just how original this is. The amount of detail and care you put into every paragraph is clearly visible, and it serves to greatly enhance the characters, the settings and the plot itself. The length of the chapters in this case is an asset and not a detriment, and very few people can pull them off.

That being said, I also particularly enjoyed the character development shown in this story. From ice-cold Legolas to him caring from Aragorn, who transforms from a scared little boy to the great King Elessar. It is truly marvelous how brilliantly you've pulled it off - not many writers can do that. I also loved how you brought all the different characters from the book together, as well as some of your own, and made them work so wonderfully by giving them backstories, developing their personalities and showing how they fit into the grand scheme of things.

I liked how this story isn't all fluff and optimism and cuteness and cuddles. Because real life and stories of darkness and war and good vs evil are never like that. Sacrifices have to be made, lives are lost and people change, and I like how you didn't shy away from that. In that light, and in light of everything Legolas went through in Mirkwood, his interaction with Aragorn was very realistic, plus the way you depicted him as being rather weary of life. It is extremely different from the cheerful, lively and hopeful Legolas from the books and movies, but it is believable and lovable just for that.

Speaking of Legolas - that death scene. It was so wonderfully done it deserves a paragraph to itself. I love how you built it up and didn't sugarcoat it, and I absolutely love that you had the guts to go through with it. Many writers, including perhaps myself, would have balked at the idea of actually killing off one of the central characters, but you didn't and it's absolutely commendable. The way you wrote it was heartbreaking, and believe me I think it's messed with me so badly I really couldn't function. The goodbyes and everyone's ambivalence was well-done; his last words to Aragorn were absolutely haunting and I'm pretty sure something inside me died right then, along with Legolas. I kept expecting some miracle would occur and he'd come back, but it didn't happen, and while it made me sad, I'm also glad it stayed that way. Does that make sense?

Life isn't always rainbows and butterflies, and Legolas' death proved it.

Also - your battle scenes. They are so amazingly done, so fast-paced and thrilling that it actually felt like I was there watching it all happen. Action is something that is hard to write well, but you've pulled it off so brilliantly that I was left reeling. Great work on that - just the battle scenes on their own should earn you a standing ovation for wonderful writing.

Finally, it's great that all the loose ends were tied up and everything was relatively happy. True, Aragorn is never going to be the same without Legolas, but loss is a part of life and you depicted that very well. All in all, great work on this, and by now I'm running out of words to praise this.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

-Peace x