Reviews for Another Hollow Day
Void Personified chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
But-but there should be more. I want to see how she stops being quite so empty and stuff...
Mara93 chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Ah, see this could have been on the show. Just a few moments of what her days were like after she lost her father. All we saw were little images. And then it was passed over.

This had a dull tempo and I don't mean that in a negative way. It's interesting, because by the time you get to the end of it you are so used to that tempo. You've made the reader used to it and it flows. All her memories. All her questions. All her dullness of day because someone's missing.

And you wrote it well because that's what it's like. It's almost like just going through the motions. I imagine her days would be hard there especially because like you said, her role that she must maintain. As soon as her dad was gone she still needed to make enough to live and she needed to tend to her job. So with all that activity it's only when she gets home she can remember really. And it's very sweet how you ended it with her first smile of the day.

Lovely piece. Painful. But real.
DreamAlways953 chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Poor Gwen. Well done! :D
Winters-Feather chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Damn. I like this, and you're right - she never visually shows that she was mourning or had mourned her father much. She's too polite for that, but it must have been extremely hard :( Good work :P
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Awesome story! Awww...poor Gwen. I think that you did a really good portrayal of her.
Iymea chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Wow, you really know how to create sympathy for a character. That was amazing. The character of Gwen is so believable I actually feel like going up and hugging her.

I knew you were good but this... this is just something else. The way you wrote the whole thing, even though it wasn't particularly from her point of view, gave off the impression of being detached and almost being in another world, if that makes any sense. It makes clear that everything she is doing is unreal and she is just going through the motions.

Huh.. I just gave a completely serious review.. weird...

Loved it :) x
Vegetableswillhavetheirrevenge chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
That was just plain depressing. Well written too, for the most part. It was nice seeing another of your more serious stories :D

The first sentence, though, seems somewhat convoluted at points. I would suggest re-wording just that one. There's something about it which just feels that little bit off.

I liked all the stuff about nods and smiles- it really is just how you feel while you're getting over grief- like if you speak when you're not ready to, you'll just burst in to tears.

Another thing I loved was the sort of circular feel the story had- the fact that it ended in such a similar way to how it started was really well done- Bravo you XD
Kitty O chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Aw, great. I haven't been that close to crying over a fanfiction... ever, I think. I guess the thought of losing your dad hits me hard. That would be so horrible.

Gah, Morgana, shut up. Maybe Gwen doesn't want to be a burden for you, but must you keep on talking? (She only ever talked about herself anyway.)

THis was so sad. Gah, I have no words for you, PPitP. I have no words. They need to leave her alone. She needs a day off, a warm bath, a good cry, and lots of chocolate. That's what I prescribe for my friends when they are sad. Usually no one died though, but my rememdy is infallible. Seriously, she would feel at least a tiney bit better after that.

Nice.
Loopstagirl chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Oh this was utterly heartbreaking! It's great to see an actual reaction here, the pain of loss making it's way into real life. Oh this really moved me, a gorgeous piece of writing, well done!