Reviews for Truce or Consequences
MoonFaith chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
So this is basically, what if there was no Kate? or at least, what if Neal didn't fall head over heals for Kate? Interesting.
curiositykillsthecat chapter 36 . 7/12/2013
It's wonderfull. I couldnt stop read it till the end. Thankyou for the emotions and the fun you gave me .
W0lf-Spirit chapter 26 . 2/22/2013
I've read to this part but I need to take a break. It's a good story and I like how often Neal gets hurt but he also seems OOC. They all do. He isn't the suave man he is supposed to be and His attachment with the Burkes is to much with little reason. Neal is Neal. He dosent want people hurt but that won't make him have such a strong attachment. The whole "trusting on a feeling" that is portrayed for... Everyone when it comes to Neal isn't believable. The inability to get Neal a proper trial or lessened sentence isn't believable either. And Neal loves art, he doesn't find anything to be just an item. I don't think onlyAlex would interested in keeping the box.
Besides that the grammar is nagging at me. To many of the same phrases like I mentioned before as well as some others. "the little guy""the fed""the young man""the tycoon" way over used.
It's a good story as you can tell by me reading 26 chapters in but at the same time like I said its got it's flaws. Need to work on everyone being IC.
W0lf-Spirit chapter 25 . 2/22/2013
Awww... Kate
W0lf-Spirit chapter 18 . 2/21/2013
I like the lack of Kate with those whole music box thing. I feel they kinda hurt Neal's character where she was involved. He is way to smart to be led along like a bull by its nose and be kinda stalkerish like in the show. No matter if you think she was good or bad. I much prefer this idea - of Neal just trying to protect people.
W0lf-Spirit chapter 17 . 2/21/2013
I like Alex much more here than on the show lol
W0lf-Spirit chapter 15 . 2/21/2013
Not sure if you have noticed but you use "this if not that" quite a lot. I counted that one phrase 4 times in the first section with Neal and Moz.
I don't know about others, but for me, a single phrase being used a lot (rather than mixing it up) tends to become very noticeable and can kinda temporarily distract.
W0lf-Spirit chapter 12 . 2/20/2013
HAHA Hughes. That bit at the end was hilarious.
W0lf-Spirit chapter 11 . 2/20/2013
Oh Peter... The man saved your life. Chill.
W0lf-Spirit chapter 7 . 2/19/2013
I don't think guns work underwater, do they?

I do hate the law in this aspect though. Really rings true to no good dead goes unpunished.
Xanaris chapter 17 . 11/2/2012
I only got to the 17th chapter but I honestly can't read anymore of this. You had an interesting idea, that much I'll admit, but I think you ruined it by how you tried to portray it.

First off, so far Neal seems pretty pathetic. If he's not beaten up then he's sick and if not that then he's scared shitless of something else. Neal is supposed to be a suave and charming guy with a lot of confidence in himself, but the way you've portrayed him so far is nothing like that at all. I honestly can't find any other words to describe him than pathetic.

Not only that but he is far more emotionally attached to both Peter and Elizabeth than he should be. It's one thing to be attached to them after having been around them for awhile and actually having conversations, but how much does this Neal really know about either of them? Neal has been running away from Peter for years now and he hasn't been caught yet, so I doubt he would be so emotionally attached to Peter. Chances are they've never spoken more than a few dozen words with each other. Not only that, but Neal knew and spoke with El even less than he did with Peter. I just can't see why you have Neal so worried about them when they're only a step above strangers.

I mean, sure, Neal's not exactly a heartless fellow and all, but you really overplayed his connection with the couple. I mean, a whole year after he escapes from prison and he's still having dreams about the Burkes being a part of the family? I don't buy that for a second.
Crystalzap chapter 36 . 8/24/2012
OMG Neal was SO OOC that Nazi treasure wasn't 'just stuff' it would hurt any artist or archaeologist to
hear you say that. They were master pieces, part of History! Didn't you watch "Stealing Home" the way Peter talked about base ball is how Neal feels about art; it captures a time, a place, and a moment.

Anyway the main problem I see is that this got repetitive, like with how EVERYONE kept getting kidnapped, I mean really Adler would have just killed them by then. Plus some little things were repetitive like how when one of them were gagged it was always with "Rags and duct tape", and they were always being drugged. After awhile it just seemed like the same thing over and over again.

Otherwise I did like the story idea, I just think it could have been done a bit more in character, Neal may have a 'bleeding heart' but he is not above keeping secrets... especially if i involves priceless art. If you noticed in cannon Neal didn't always 'acquire' works because he needed the money, some he took because he liked the art.
Crystalzap chapter 28 . 8/21/2012
you do know Neal speaks perfect Japanese...
Blacktipped Angelwings chapter 36 . 11/26/2011
Wow... I've decided that Adler and alaine are both sociopaths
phoenixluv chapter 36 . 11/4/2011
This story is high on emotions so much that all sense is least Neal is off better as a con man in canon where Kate was his excuse; even Fowler managed himself better in canon.

Neal here is an exasperating moron, including an overwhelmingly stupid entire department of FBI.

Did the whole department stop functioning when one of the agents was in hospital?

They cannot get a man a retrial despite flimsy evidence in the original trial? They are the freaking FBI.